• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bethell

Oct 27, 2017
Always wonder how much battery life I actually gain with updates like these, I guess it's hard to actual put a time on it, anyone know roughly?

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I've been on the 11.1 Beta for awhile on my iPad Pro 10.5. Fixed some things for me such as the app switcher stutters, and a bunch of other stutters. Battery life doesn't seem any different for me, but it is a latest device after all.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
iOS 11 is a mess.. Apple needs to do a lot of work to fix it.

But, fixing performance and battery life is a big step forward.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, still probably staying on 10 for the lock screen music and control center. Plus, I can't stand the big fonts in 11.

Tryxx

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Damnit man was hoping message sync would be here. Really want to do a fresh install for my x on the 3rd but really want to keep my texts.

Svadhyaya

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Performance and battery life seem better.

I'm getting a bug where my texts in the lock screen cut off half text messages now.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I ran into an issue with the current version where everything slows to the point of freezing for a good minute or two

Is that fixed

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Subjectively, I have noticed better battery and less or no lag. 7 Plus here.

Edit: Nevermind. Standby drainage is much less now. Drainage while using is still quite substantial :(

Last edited:

Arcia

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Person with iPad Mini 4 checking in, installed the update a short time ago and no glaring issues so far. Battery life wasn't noticeably bad for me before except for the very first 11 update, so we shall see if I even notice a difference.

Does the update fix the wifi vulnerablity for all ios devices or only new models? I have seen inconsistent views on this...

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone's background after the update seemingly set to perspective even when still is selected? My home screen UI is moving as I move my phone. Doesn't seem like my lock screen is though.

iPhone 7+ by the way.

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently if someone is searching YouTube from within iMessage, it lets you know that they're searching YouTube. Shows up as them sending a message with a little YouTube logo to the left. Is that a new feature or am I just noticing it?

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, seems like the battery issues, Wi-Fi and other nagging things are taken care of. Thank goodness.

JoeyJungle

Oct 27, 2017
God I hope this fixes the weird Now Playing bug, the Apple Music app would just not let go of it. Playing Overcast/Audible and pressing pause on the headphones would instead start playing music, super annoyed by that.

Also, weird bug where Airpod phone convo volume was totally disconnected from music volume and instead tied entirely to the alarm volume. So I would hear ringing at max volume any time I received a phone call, did not like.

What was changed with reachability? I didn't notice any difference on the 6S.

edit:
WatchOS 4.1 is also out

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Still having an issue on my iPad Pro with Smart Keyboard where if I pop out a FB Messenger window overtop of another app (like Safari), and start to type in the messenger window, the word suggest bar (with copy/paste, Bold, Italics, word suggestions, etc) that pops up at the bottom covers up the text input field on the popped out messenger window. Is this a bug? I've had it since iOS11 came out. Not sure how to fix? See bottom right corner of the image.

pAnHi7I.jpg

chimster

Oct 27, 2017
Battery doesn't seem to be much better yet. I read online that after updates, iOS needs to index files and that can use a lot of battery for the first few days after updating? Any truth to that?

g859

Oct 27, 2017
My lock/notification screens haven't randomly gone completely blank since updating to 11.1 and battery life seems quite a bit better on my 7+.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I think this may have made my 7 plus's battery life worse. It's only after a day of testing, so we'll see. Normally, by the end of my commute, my battery is at 75-80%, but today it was at 62%, which is the lowest it's been after.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
My battery life is genuinely better. I'm shocked.
It was awful on 11 before.

With moderate use, I'm still in the 90s this morning. Normally it'd be 70s.
(iPhone 6S 64GB)

Plotinus

Oct 30, 2017
Waiting for more impressions. I really need to upgrade my iPad to a version that has the WPA2 hack patched, but I do not want to deal with Apple's shit.

Deleted member 10273

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My 7plus definitely feels more responsive now, just like it did on iOS 10 actually. Can't say anything about battery yet but I never had complaints about it in the first place.

Will update my iPad Air 1 when I get home because the performance there suffered a lot with iOS 11 so I hope for an improvement there.

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
11.0.3 wrecked my iPhone 6, this current update fixed all my issues so far from what I can tell which was terrible lag with apps, crashing, email not fetching. Just all around a lot smoother.

Ahri

Lying PR
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The latest update even fucked up my iPhone 7 for some reason. Glad to read that this one is working properly.