• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yep, some contacts were deleted 4 years ago. It's also pulling email addresses of co-workers I've emailed before, but were never in my contacts.

In what context are these autocomplete suggestions coming up? For example when I type "I live at..." the predictive bar will show my address from my contact card. When do these names come up?

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
alright, didn't want to make a dedicated thread right away for this, but I'm having an issue that may or may not be iOS 11 related.

I can't sync my music from my library to my phone. This last Saturday I noticed my phone was only showing one yellow bar in the iphone screen on itunes indicating all my data was "other" and not separated into their respective categories. I've dealt with that problem before. Easy fix.
I restore my iPhone to zero and rebuild it all by downloading my apps again. A pain but whatever, the phone could use a refresh (iPhone 8 Plus, 256gb). Apps work fine and performance is fine. I go to the main iPhone page on iTunes and check off the boxes for manually curating the music and to convert my music to 256kb aac.

I switch to the music section, it asks me to apply the setting changes I made, I confirm the changes and move onto the music section. Then I select each playlist I want on my phone and hit sync. the progress bar starts the "iphone will now sync" dialogue box then it vanishes and doesn't start the process.
I go to hit the sync button again and it's greyed out. I go back to the main iPhone page and those settings I had previously checked off and applied are now undone. I go and try to recheck those and do the process again, it doesn't sync and unchecks itself.

now the memory bar at the bottom of the screen is back to being full yellow.

anyone have any ideas?

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
alright, didn't want to make a dedicated thread right away for this, but I'm having an issue that may or may not be iOS 11 related.

I can't sync my music from my library to my phone. This last Saturday I noticed my phone was only showing one yellow bar in the iphone screen on itunes indicating all my data was "other" and not separated into their respective categories. I've dealt with that problem before. Easy fix.
I restore my iPhone to zero and rebuild it all by downloading my apps again. A pain but whatever, the phone could use a refresh (iPhone 8 Plus, 256gb). Apps work fine and performance is fine. I go to the main iPhone page on iTunes and check off the boxes for manually curating the music and to convert my music to 256kb aac.

I switch to the music section, it asks me to apply the setting changes I made, I confirm the changes and move onto the music section. Then I select each playlist I want on my phone and hit sync. the progress bar starts the "iphone will now sync" dialogue box then it vanishes and doesn't start the process.
I go to hit the sync button again and it's greyed out. I go back to the main iPhone page and those settings I had previously checked off and applied are now undone. I go and try to recheck those and do the process again, it doesn't sync and unchecks itself.

now the memory bar at the bottom of the screen is back to being full yellow.

anyone have any ideas?

First thing I'd ask is if you're trying to sync wirelessly or with a cabled connection to your Mac. Because wireless sync is super janky...always has been, and I guess at this point always will be because Apple wants you to use iCloud.

JackFrost

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Hey all! I'm buying my first iphone and need to pick out a new carrier as well.

Can someone tell me the Best place to purchase one? My friend mentioned buying through Apple but I've noticed the prices on their store seen much higher than what I'm finding on Amazon. Can anyone explain this? Or maybe offer a good place to buy one or recommended a carrier?

I'm leaning towards a 6 or 7. Any major differences I should be aware of?

Appreciate any help.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hey all! I'm buying my first iphone and need to pick out a new carrier as well.

Can someone tell me the Best place to purchase one? My friend mentioned buying through Apple but I've noticed the prices on their store seen much higher than what I'm finding on Amazon. Can anyone explain this? Or maybe offer a good place to buy one or recommended a carrier?

I'm leaning towards a 6 or 7. Any major differences I should be aware of?

Appreciate any help.

Apple's prices are the same no matter where they're sold (barring limited promotions) so if you're seeing significantly cheaper phones on Amazon they're unlikely to be new. Especially a 6, those aren't produced anymore. Everything you're gonna find is used/not officially refurbisbed.

As for the carrier, that's gonna depend entirely on your country, if you're looking for a major carrier or smaller carrier or prepaid, and even within your country the specific coverages for where you live/commute.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a Mac but my fiancee is trying to clean up or maybe wipe her Macbook Pro.

Coming from Windows 10, I was hoping there would be a simple way to just wipe files and potentially applications while keeping the OS intact. I honestly figured that this is one of those things that MS copied from Apple, but I'm not seeing any options other than "full on disk wipe and OS reinstall" and "manually clean up space, get rid of applications, etc."

Am I missing something? Or is there maybe a program that we can install to handle this? I'm comfortable doing this stuff on my Windows machines but really don't want to mess something up on her laptop. Thanks!

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if this is the best place to ask, but I've been having a constant problem with my iPad Pro where it will momentarily not read any of my touch inputs: touching, swiping, zooming, none of it works at all for about 10-30 second increments.

I've tried soft resets, hard resets, etc, and I take really good care of my iPad so I don't think it's physical damage or anything. The best info I could find through Google is that it may be related to the current firmware, but keeping it up-to-date hasn't fixed the problem.

It's gotten real frustrating and just makes me want to upgrade to a new model (any rumored date on that conference). I don't know what else I could try or if anyone here can verify it's a firmware problem.