• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
hmm. updated to the GM on my ipad, but I'm not seeing the profile option to remove the beta profile in Settings.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
hmm. updated to the GM on my ipad, but I'm not seeing the profile option to remove the beta profile in Settings.
Same for me. They may have pushed something in the GM to automatically unenroll you from the Public Beta program for now since it won't be needed anymore.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Been running it since beta 1 and it's been pretty smooth. The Mojave beta had more bugs. But iOS was fine for most of the time for me. Why don't we get threads like this for macOS updates anymore?

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
not long. usually only until the x.y.z update (so 12.0.1). I'd expect it pulled by November at the latest.. likely sometime in October.

have my X, Pro 10.5 and TV4K updated. Love this OS.
Thanks. I have had a crazy bluetooth bug on my X throughout the beta and went back to iOS11 last night with a full wipe. Will try out iOS12 again when the official release is out as long as I can go back to 11 if needed. Though it sucks to be on an older iOS :(

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. I have had a crazy bluetooth bug on my X throughout the beta and went back to iOS11 last night with a full wipe. Will try out iOS12 again when the official release is out as long as I can go back to 11 if needed. Though it sucks to be on an older iOS :(
I had it too. it's gone as of 1-2 betas ago. (well 2-3 counting the stupid "update available" bug)

yeah it was unfortunate that Music and BT had as many problems as they did with the beta.. but about the last 1-2 (real) beta releases Music is arguably the best it's EVER been (since the modern Music app). Zero issues with songs/albums resuming (plaguing since iOS 10), zero BT issues, etc.

I had straight up PTSD from early in the beta when 1 playlist got permanently stuck.. so I could turn on something else, drive to the store, shop, get back in the car, and no matter what I was listening to the stuck playlist would start. Shiny Toy Guns "You are the one" genuinely now generates a bit of anxiety and rage when it randomly comes on.. thanks apple...... (hint: don't do betas)

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
If I install the GM release today, what happens when the final comes out on Monday? Do I have to basically install it again?

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
If I install the GM release today, what happens when the final comes out on Monday? Do I have to basically install it again?
nothing happens. 99.99999999999999% of the time they are identical (literally). I think theres been one instance where they put a critical bug fix between GM and release. and I might even be wrong about that.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
nothing happens. 99.99999999999999% of the time they are identical (literally). I think theres been one instance where they put a critical bug fix between GM and release. and I might even be wrong about that.
Do I need to "remove" my phone from a beta profile though to get new official updates?

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
The best part about setting up a new iDevice nowadays is that, even when not restoring from backup, you can just hold your phone close to the iPad, and it'll sync all your accounts / passwords (including WiFi) / iCloud settings to the new device.

ejv7flo.jpg

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I had it too. it's gone as of 1-2 betas ago. (well 2-3 counting the stupid "update available" bug)

yeah it was unfortunate that Music and BT had as many problems as they did with the beta.. but about the last 1-2 (real) beta releases Music is arguably the best it's EVER been (since the modern Music app). Zero issues with songs/albums resuming (plaguing since iOS 10), zero BT issues, etc.

I had straight up PTSD from early in the beta when 1 playlist got permanently stuck.. so I could turn on something else, drive to the store, shop, get back in the car, and no matter what I was listening to the stuck playlist would start. Shiny Toy Guns "You are the one" genuinely now generates a bit of anxiety and rage when it randomly comes on.. thanks apple...... (hint: don't do betas)
Wait what issue were you having? I can't find anyone with the same issues as me. My BT audio quality was constantly changing when listening to it in the car, almost as if the connection was poor. I was on the newest betas, always, up to yesterday.

The past few betas it actually got worse. Sound would completely cut out and then resume but sped up, like when you're trying to watch a movie and have to wait for it to buffer. No issues on iOS 11. Oh and this issue exists on every music source so it's not an app thing :(

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Besides stability and performance, the best feature has been password / SMS verification code autofill that works in apps.

Siri Shortcuts are also nice, even without the Shortcuts app being available to really finetune commands.

Best feature of iOS 12 no one else has talked about: The South African Male voice is one of the best virtual assistant voices I have ever used.

Deathglobe

Oct 25, 2017
No just make sure you have the latest version of iTunes which supports ios 12 then do the manual upgrade if you want if not just update via the beta and then delete the profile

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Besides stability and performance, the best feature has been password / SMS verification code autofill that works in apps.
Yep welcome to the future, glorious change. Check out bitwarden if you don't have a password manager yet. Completely free and open source.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else on the GM and an iPhone X notice a problem with camera quality? My pics look like dog shit at the moment... :o

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have noticed no difference. iOS 12 GM on an iPhone X.
Hmm, must be something wrong with my phone then. Ever since the beta its been acting super weird. FaceTime calls make it run so hot I almost cant hold it in my hand and the video on the calls (the little picture in the corner) is super laggy on my screen.

Hadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Installed it on my ipod touch. Scrolling through my album list is incredibly smooth and no longer have that micro stutter from previous iOS.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Completely skipped out on upgrading my 6s to iOS11 due to all the complaints and battery life issues. All this talk here, as well as word of mouth from those I know, make it seem like it's worth the jump.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Siri shortcuts seem surprisingly useful. I might actually use Siri now lol.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
I can't wait to see how this performs on my iPad Mini 2 next week. Gonna hold off on iPhone X for a few weeks cause yeah...

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I've been in the beta and I have the GM on both my iPhone 6S Plus and my 2018 iPad and it's great on both.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This runs well on older devices? I avoided iOS11 like the plague because I heard it made the 6S run like shit.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The best part about setting up a new iDevice nowadays is that, even when not restoring from backup, you can just hold your phone close to the iPad, and it'll sync all your accounts / passwords (including WiFi) / iCloud settings to the new device.

That's also the best way to move the phone if you have an Apple Watch! It'll move the watch for you

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Apple are out of their god damn mind if they think I'll update my iPod touch (6G) after what happened with iOS 11.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
First time I've been interested in updating an iOS device in years. Hopefully it doesn't tank the battery as is traditional.