• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
tiamoQw.gif

oKnNlMa.png
7dui6Q3.gif
ycp2dUU.gif

ooooo3cc6u.gif

1Ab6U7v.png

o5Mra72.gif

V02MlVU.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
FAQ:
Q. Where's Group Facetime?
A.
Here now.

Q. How's the performance?
A.
Having an iPhone 5S and an 8+, they both perform wonderfully with iOS 12. Granted I did full reset both of them before I used the system.

Q. Where's the Shortcut App?
A.
When the iOS is fully released to the general public, the app will be available on the App Store.

Q. Waze and Google Maps on Carplay?
Yes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wrong date in the pic! 17.9.

But besides that, amazing work!

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
PSA: If you stayed away from iOS 11 because of the bugs, do yourself a favor and update to 12. It's just good. Period. Even on older devices.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, the difference in performance feels quite massive, even on the X. (Beta Tester)

Good on Apple for focusing on this.

#OperationHealth

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
so public beta is updated to the GM version now? I'm downloading 2.76GB of something at least.

Looking forward to installing on my daughters iphone and ipad and getting that monitoring going. Does it let me know if she is messaging super late at night when she is honestly only streaming music dad.

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
so public beta is updated to the GM version now? I'm downloading 2.76GB of something at least.

Looking forward to installing on my daughters iphone and ipad and getting that monitoring going. Does it let me know if she is messaging super late at night when she is honestly only streaming music dad.
Yup, Betas got GM, if nothing craps up that should be the final version.

You can monitor your daughter's app and website traffic but I'd advise against so, pretty hard to set up families.

Deleted member 4518

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been using iOS12 since the beta and have been loving it. I just got the GM release yesterday. It's great!! Group notifications are a blessing.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
The iOS 12 beta definitely improved performance on my original iPad Air - compared to iOS 11.

A big improvement in perceived performance is the fact that they once again uncoupled the app switcher from the control center. "Swipe from top right corner to get to control center" is so smooth.

Ensirius

Oct 26, 2017
The iOS 12 beta definitely improved performance on my original iPad Air - compared to iOS 11.

A big improvement in perceived performance is the fact that they once again uncoupled the app switcher from the control center. "Swipe from top right corner to get to control center" is so smooth.
Good to hear.
I will wait for the official update

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear.
I will wait for the official update

If you wanted, you could update to the GM right now, i don't think there's any features that have services connected to them, or that are dependent on other people having the new iOS version as well - like, say, when iMessage was introduced, or when iMessage stickers were added.
Most new features are about how you use the device yourself.

I'm going to do a completely fresh install of the GM on my iPad today, i think.

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What about battery life? My 6s sure took a big hit with iOS 11.

Depends, my 8+ has improved but I've heard reports all over the spectrum that it was reduced or improved. I'd suggest getting the battery replaced as the discounted price before December 31st if your battery is dying.

MrChom

Oct 26, 2017

I was about to ask about this. I have an original iPad Air and iOS 11 is dog slow on it. Good to know that iOS 12 might make it feel a bit snappier. Not much more you can expect from a tablet coming up on a half decade of daily use, I suppose.

Ensirius

Oct 26, 2017
If you wanted, you could update to the GM right now, i don't think there's any features that have services connected to them, or that are dependent on other people having the new iOS version as well - like, say, when iMessage was introduced, or when iMessage stickers were added.
Most new features are about how you use the device yourself.

I'm going to do a completely fresh install of the GM on my iPad today, i think.
Well I've waited this long without installing any betas.
I think I can just wait a little longer.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
on my launch-date iPhone X I go to bed with over 30% of battery remaining every day, with medium to heavy usage on a combination of WiFi and 4G throughout the day.

as lame as this year's iPhone models are, iOS 12 is SO GOOD.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Excited for faster everything and particularly the grouped notifications.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna update to this once it finishes downloading. I hope it fixes the issue I've been having lately where some notifications won't appear for me until there are two of them for the same app. Someone'll message me on Telegram, but it won't let me know until a second person messages me, or until the same person sends a second message.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
This, there's no major issues so the final update in the Beta should be the final update for iOS 12 (General Release)

I've been on the beta for a while now and was prompted to update last night to a new version. Went to update and it was labeled as the official iOS 12 release.

Did anyone else get this? Are we officially on iOS 12 early now? Just thought it was weird it wasn't labeled as a beta anymore.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cringe Everytime see that late 2000s homescreen.

Enjoy the update though guys. Dark mode next year

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I almost feel like opting in to the beta program and installing iOS12 right now, if it's supposedly the GR version. Will I start getting the incremental updates normally when iOS12 releases officially, or do I have to opt out or install them some other way or anything like that?

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Popped the GM on all my devices yesterday. Love how fast, snappy, and smooth everything is. Glad they doubled-down on performance this time, was long overdue after the buggy disaster called iOS 11.

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
I almost feel like opting in to the beta program and installing iOS12 right now, if it's supposedly the GR version. Will I start getting the incremental updates normally when iOS12 releases officially, or do I have to opt out or install them some other way or anything like that?

Enroll in the beta program, add the beta profile, download and install the iOS 12 GM, remove beta profile from your account. That will give you iOS 12 now and enable you to update normally in future. The GM is what will be shipping on all new phones next week, it is the final version.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is volume UI changed? How boring is it to have to block my entire screen for ten seconds while I change volume. Or that I can't change ringer volume while I have any media already playing.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've been running the Public Beta since it came out and it's been rock solid. I love the SMS two-factor autofill feature, and I'm looking forward to seeing how developers take advantage of new APIs. Getting direct Lastpass integration into the OS will be awesome.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Enroll in the beta program, add the beta profile, download and install the iOS 12 GM, remove beta profile from your account. That will give you iOS 12 now and enable you to update normally in future. The GM is what will be shipping on all new phones next week, it is the final version.

That sounds easy enough, thanks! I'll look into it tomorrow.