• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ristlager

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else having worse and worse battery life in these never updates. My iPhone 6s lasts 2 hours now without any use. The first betas had much better battery life. The battery is poor (74% in the setting), but in the recent updates it has been a complete joke.

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just had a pop up saying a new update is available but when I check there's nothing there. I'm already on Public Beta 9.

Anyone else had this pop up appear in the last few hours?
This has been happening to me almost non stop every time I unlock my phone for the past two days. It's driving me crazy.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having worse and worse battery life in these never updates. My iPhone 6s lasts 2 hours now without any use. The first betas had much better battery life. The battery is poor (74% in the setting), but in the recent updates it has been a complete joke.
I feel like it's the opposite for my 8 Plus. Battery use is back to normal it feels like since one or two versions.

On an unrelated Home app on macOS is still in a sorry state. Image pickers don't work. If you drag stuff on it, it stretches in all kind of weird ways. Elements sometimes forget about their corner transparency etc.

Oct 25, 2017

I usually take them as jokes but if anybody's actually being serious about wanting someone to get fired that ain't good tbh.

Vaelic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
where do we read patch notes for updates? i click the link in the update but it brings me to a generic page about betas]

Operations

Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone know how to reset your Apple Music profile to refine your genres and tastes in iOS 12? The old "find additional artists" option is gone!

Operations

Oct 29, 2017
I think it just uses that "listening history" option from Settings, and your "Loves" now. I think the old Beats Music stuff has been all pushed out now.
Well, this sucks a fat one. The recommendations in my Favorite Mix have become progressively worse, despite trying to calibrate it through my loves and dislikes,

The algorithm is a complete disgrace. I want techno, minimal and some classical, which together constitute 95% of my library and loves. I'm getting hip hop, hard metal and indie mixes. It's a sad joke.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, this sucks a fat one. The recommendations in my Favorite Mix have become progressively worse, despite trying to calibrate it through my loves and dislikes,

The algorithm is a complete disgrace. I want techno, minimal and some classical, which together constitute 95% of my library and loves. I'm getting hip hop, hard metal and indie mixes. It's a sad joke.

Try following the artists you care about in the Connect section

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017

I too was getting some weird amounts of hard metal at one point. Went away after using the dislike function two weeks in a row though. Now it's just trance, kpop and future bass. Just how I like it

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I finally installed it, even though we'll most likely be getting the GM on Wednesday. It does feel snappier though. Even on my X.

How do you get those Siri shortcut things working though? Is there an app that we need to download.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally installed it, even though we'll most likely be getting the GM on Wednesday. It does feel snappier though. Even on my X.

How do you get those Siri shortcut things working though? Is there an app that we need to download.

The Shortcuts app is currently an invite-only beta for developers, not for the public yet.

The Workflow app currently on the App Store is extremely similar, though it doesn't support using Siri for commands yet. (The expectation is Shortcuts will replace Workflow.)

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
The Shortcuts app is currently an invite-only beta for developers, not for the public yet.

The Workflow app currently on the App Store is extremely similar, though it doesn't support using Siri for commands yet. (The expectation is Shortcuts will replace Workflow.)
Thanks, guess it'll give me something to look foreword to with the final release. I can't wait for some of the other apps to support iOS 12. Specifically 1password.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Crosspost because it relates to iOS 12 Beta:

Weird.
I replaced my iPhone 6 battery on 1st of March and its already super broken again. According to the Battely Life App its capacity has already decreased by 66%(!). It took yesterday about 85% of the batter for about 45 minutes of GPS and an constantly unlocked screen with minimal brightness.
The Apple Battery menu is already on service because it shut down prematurely a few times now, but the capacity is still on 100% and I am willing to trust that more then Battery Life, since Apple has direct access, and I stumbled across this:https://discussions.apple.com/message/33607736?start=795&tstart=0
Problem is, I am on 11.4.1, so it should be fixed. Do you think its worth trying out the ios 12 Beta? Otherwise I am gonna replace my battery again, I cant buy a new phone before christmas...

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So... any estimates on ETA iOS12? Should be soon now right?
GM usually comes out 1-2 weeks ahead of the launch of the new phones, with public hitting alongside the launch.
We're probably still a week away at least, if Apple sticks to the "late Sept/October" release window.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
How long after iOS12 comes out can I still install iOS11? I wan't to install iOS12 but may have to go down to 12 if my bluetooth issues aren't fixed. Will I have to do a full wipe/reset if I'm downgrading from iOS 12 to iOS 11?

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Release date for 17th of September. This thread will be kept for any beta updates and a new thread will be made for the general release. Thanks for staying on board!

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Do I need to delete the beta profile or will I automatically lose it now that I've updated to the GM?

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Same sort of question as above, but if I'm on the beta and want to stick with stable releases after updating to the GM, what do I need to do, if anything?

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do I need to delete the beta profile or will I automatically lose it now that I've updated to the GM?

Same sort of question as above, but if I'm on the beta and want to stick with stable releases after updating to the GM, what do I need to do, if anything?

The beta profile stays on when you update to the GM. Remove it to get off the beta train, or keep it installed to get betas for future releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.