• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
iOS 12 is great. Didn't really notice much difference in performance on my iPhone X, but it feels much much faster and smoother than iOS 11 ever was on my iPad Air 2. I don't remember what iOS 10 was like on it.

Installed it on workmates' iPhone 6 and 6 Plus and both of them are considering keeping the phone for another year instead of upgrading. They had previously complained that their phone performance have gotten so frustratingly slow recently LOL.

GM usually comes out 1-2 weeks ahead of the launch of the new phones, with public hitting alongside the launch.
We're probably still a week away at least, if Apple sticks to the "late Sept/October" release window.
GMs usually hit immediately after the September event.

Wimps

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody on Shortcuts yet? There's something I'm not getting cause it's not working... I can only add widgets but I'm unable to actually do anything with em.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of shortcuts, how is home integration in the latest beta/GM? I recall it was some BS like having to run a scene (!) then pick it from Siri suggestions or similar in an earlier one but haven't kept up with it.

I hope I'll be able to circumvent the ridiculous restrictions a bit like setting a timer for turning off the lights in 10 minutes and such.

Are they even working on Home.app anymore? Why am I still unable to wake my Apple TV and thereby turn on my tv? Ughh

Last edited:

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Shortcuts work only if an app supports it right? I'm on the overcast beta and I see the option but nothing for other apps. It's nice getting the ability to tell siri to play the giant beastcast and have it start up though. Can't wait for other apps to start supporting it (ahem spotify).

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Shortcuts work only if an app supports it right? I'm on the overcast beta and I see the option but nothing for other apps. It's nice getting the ability to tell siri to play the giant beastcast and have it start up though. Can't wait for other apps to start supporting it (ahem spotify).

Man I tried to get on the Overcast beta. But yes apps have to support it

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Man I tried to get on the Overcast beta. But yes apps have to support it

It's worth the wait. Not mind blowingly different or anything but the UI refreshes are solid.

I hope apple does allow for the third party USB-C cables. I'd like to get on the fast charging bandwagon. 50% in 30 mins sounds awesome.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
How's it working? I use 1password but this was one of the features I was most excited about with iOS12

Seems pretty great to me. Already used it in apps and websites. Such a good QoL feature.

Now I just wish there was a quick way to get Authenticator codes similar to how sms codes are auto-retrieved.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Seems pretty great to me. Already used it in apps and websites. Such a good QoL feature.

Now I just wish there was a quick way to get Authenticator codes similar to how sms codes are auto-retrieved.
1Password will auto copy 2FA codes. I wonder how it works with that way since before it was accessing that share sheet. That was one of the reasons I originally switched from last pass.

Wimps

Oct 27, 2017
Help me out here guys. I already downloaded Shortcuts but devs have to create stuff with the app themselves? I can't do that like with workflow? Cause right now the app has zero use. Or I'm doing something wrong.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Help me out here guys. I already downloaded Shortcuts but devs have to create stuff with the app themselves? I can't do that like with workflow? Cause right now the app has zero use. Or I'm doing something wrong.
Shortcuts has the same actions and then some as workflow. On top of that is enhanced by better Siri integration (including Siri suggestions) and developers will be able to donate advanced actions based on custom SiriKit intents to the app.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
new lastpass update asked me for my master pw when trying to autofill in safari after the update. I was walking and didn't have time to type it all out. Tried later, and it worked with faceid unlock...

I hope it doesn't ask for the master PW again, that's annoying as hell. Face ID exists for a reason.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
new lastpass update asked me for my master pw when trying to autofill in safari after the update. I was walking and didn't have time to type it all out. Tried later, and it worked with faceid unlock...

I hope it doesn't ask for the master PW again, that's annoying as hell. Face ID exists for a reason.
I think it's just the first time.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Really liking the LastPass integration on password fills so far. Beats having to open the app and copying the password for apps that don't have LastPass autofill passwords built in.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I can't wait for all the Shortcuts updating.
It's seriously going to change how the phone is used.

Really liking the LastPass integration on password fills so far. Beats having to open the app and copying the password for apps that don't have LastPass autofill passwords built in.
It's a revelation.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
How is the transition from workflow to shortcuts going to work? Will they perform a checksum comparison on the workflows of all your devices and the merge and store in iCloud? I have workflows with the same name but different functionality on different devices hence the question.

I guess I'll just zip them up before upgrading.

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How is the transition from workflow to shortcuts going to work? Will they perform a checksum comparison on the workflows of all your devices and the merge and store in iCloud? I have workflows with the same name but different functionality on different devices hence the question.

I guess I'll just zip them up before upgrading.

Workflow already uses iCloud for syncing so that's strange you have the same name for different things on different devices

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It does? I know they have a cloud sync service that is tied to a Workflow account but iCloud is news to me.

PZQuDgq.png

I know it's not the same account as their workflow thing but it clearly does something

Status
Not open for further replies.