• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
So far, no issues regarding 13.1 v2. I'll have to spend the whole day fiddling with random things but less issues with performance so far.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Can anyone else test this for me: When I boot up Pac-Man CE DX on my iPad w/a controller connected, it immediately crashes. When I do it w/out a controller, it runs fine. Is this an iPad OS thing? Gonna be really bummed if I can't play the best Pac-Man on the go :(

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone tried this with Steamlink and various input devices? Steamlink streaming itself works great on iOS 12, but I'd really like to use a bluetooth mouse and a Switch Pro controller.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I have an old arc mouse touch se

I put it in pairing, the iPad pairs up, brings pointer up on screen but mouse stays in pairing and doesn't do anything

i turn mouse off and back on and iPad wont connect to it. Dunno what I'm doing wrong

eh, my guess is thing just doesn't work or something

Last edited:

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Can anyone else test this for me: When I boot up Pac-Man CE DX on my iPad w/a controller connected, it immediately crashes. When I do it w/out a controller, it runs fine. Is this an iPad OS thing? Gonna be really bummed if I can't play the best Pac-Man on the go :(
Launch the game. Let it crash. File a bug report.

The Feedback Assistant will collect diagnostics that they can examine to see if it's an issue with the game or with the OS. That's the whole point of having a beta program.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I deactivated my beta profile after 13.1 (1). Hopefully an official non beta one will be ahead this version because my iCloud save is 13.1 :(

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
exactly!! It drives me crazy

I figured it out. It's when the extra controls are active. Right now it's totally fine, if I hit the gear the typing turns to shit. Definitely something funky with how the site is coding text boxes, in that case

Pooillx.png

Freestyler

Oct 27, 2017
I deactivated my beta profile after 13.1 (1). Hopefully an official non beta one will be ahead this version because my iCloud save is 13.1 :(

Actually that's a good/scary thought. How do we restore from our vintage iPhone XS' next Friday when we get the 11 Pros, if the XS is running 13.1 and the Pro is running 13?

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Actually that's a good/scary thought. How do we restore from our vintage iPhone XS' next Friday when we get the 11 Pros, if the XS is running 13.1 and the Pro is running 13?

Set up 11 as a blank phone
Download the beta profile
Update to 13.1
Erase all content and settings (this keeps the phone on 13.1)
Restore from backup

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized there is no reason not to update to 13.1 beta on iPads running 13.0, since there will be no stable release of 13.0 as initially expected. Off we go

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
So I finally installed Catalina. But my iPhone doesn't show up in the Finder. Does it have to be wired to the machine? Because that would be stupid. I have iTunes Match, is it because I don't need to sync anymore? But then how do I back it up to this machine? I can't access the phone at all from the Finder. It doesn't show up in Locations. I was hoping that Finder's automatic syncing would be good enough to replace iTunes Match completely for me so I could unsubscribe and just have it sync through that. But I don't get what I'm missing. I can't find a setting to enable it anywhere and iTunes itself is gone. So I don't know what to do.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Is find my friends not functuonable/reliable on iOs13 beta? Or do you have to download it?

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Really hope I'm just being an idiot here, but in iPadOS, is swipe typing really only available in the small "floating" keyboard and not in the full size keyboard? Because that seems absolutely nonsensical if so.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
now that 13 is allegedly out for everyone ... I'm on 13 beta but deleted the beta profile to make sure I never went to 13.1 beta.

but when I check Software Updates the 13 release final isn't showing for me

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
now that 13 is allegedly out for everyone ... I'm on 13 beta but deleted the beta profile to make sure I never went to 13.1 beta.

but when I check Software Updates the 13 release final isn't showing for me
Well same for my watch. Os 6 beta 9 I think and nothing now

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I was running the iOS 13.0 beta and deleted the profile once news came out that 13.1 was the latest beta. I was able to download the official iOS 13 file, but I cannot install it, it's currently greyed out. Weird.

Edit: never mind, it just needed a few minutes, installed now.

Last edited:

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I installed the iPadOS beta on my Air 2 and registered for Apple Arcade.

I just picked up an Air 3 - if I just want to regain access to Arcade until the 24th, is this the process I follow?:

- Install iPadOS beta on Air 3
- Remove beta profile from Air 3 after iPadOS is installed
- Install final version of iPadOS on the 24th

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
So the other day I discovered that FaceBook Messenger won't launch anymore on my iPhone with the 13.1 beta. I assume because of those API changes or whatever. I really hope the app is updated soon. Not that I use it much. Most of my friends are in my contacts.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
So the other day I discovered that FaceBook Messenger won't launch anymore on my iPhone with the 13.1 beta. I assume because of those API changes or whatever. I really hope the app is updated soon. Not that I use it much. Most of my friends are in my contacts.
Not that this really helps but FB Messenger works fine on my (13.1b4) iPhone X.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
So when setting a wallpaper, there's the cancel, the nightmode, mystery icon, and set.

What does the mystery icon do (its the iphone with the arrows going out)?