• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

smuf

Oct 27, 2017
Every single year you have people complaining about beta's being buggy. If you want a stable experience, just wait till September.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else having the weird issue with invalid touches happening anywhere other than here? I haven't accidentally gone into other websites, threads, etc anywhere else. Not to say it's an ERA issue, just curious if there's something funky with this Safari and ERAs forum software

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having the weird issue with invalid touches happening anywhere other than here? I haven't accidentally gone into other websites, threads, etc anywhere else. Not to say it's an ERA issue, just curious if there's something funky with this Safari and ERAs forum software
Just google images for me. Not era. XS.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017

Sometimes in the safari favorites screen it will randomly go to a different site that I tap.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
So I'd like an iPad Pro 11"... do I wait and see if there's an October refresh again or just bite on the $630 64GB sales?

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So I'd like an iPad Pro 11"... do I wait and see if there's an October refresh again or just bite on the $630 64GB sales?

According to the Macrumor buying guide it won't get a refresh in October, but it might get one in early-ish 2020.

You could always wait for Black Friday/winter sales too.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Does the first gen Ipad Pro still hold up? I want to get a big ipad that supports apple pencil but the new ipads are too expensive for me.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Does the first gen Ipad Pro still hold up? I want to get a big ipad that supports apple pencil but the new ipads are too expensive for me.

The second gen 2017 model is still damn good. Picked up the 12.9 myself a few months ago for half the price of the current gen. Basically still uses the exact same screen and has feature parity for almost everything.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
According to the Macrumor buying guide it won't get a refresh in October, but it might get one in early-ish 2020.

You could always wait for Black Friday/winter sales too.
Their in depth guide mentions the most accurate analyst now expects a spec bump in late 2019 but a body change in 2020 so if that's true I'll wait

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
To anyone else n iOS 13 public beta

How do I use Siri to set a reminder for when I'm messaging someone?

I can do it manually in the reminder app but Siri doesn't work when I say

Remind me when messaging name or anything of the like

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have the beta installed, but would someone be able to check something for me?

On iOS 12, the Books app (the store/shelf part of it, not the reading the books part) would force dark mode if you were in a dimly lit area. And vice-versa for lit areas.

Does it reflect the mode you are in now, or is it still forced to one of the other via the ambient light sensor?

(Due to my eyes, the app is basically useless to me in dimmer areas because of this, which sucks.)

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't have the beta installed, but would someone be able to check something for me?

On iOS 12, the Books app (the store/shelf part of it, not the reading the books part) would force dark mode if you were in a dimly lit area. And vice-versa for lit areas.

Does it reflect the mode you are in now, or is it still forced to one of the other via the ambient light sensor?

(Due to my eyes, the app is basically useless to me in dimmer areas because of this, which sucks.)

It now respects you system appearance (dark vs light) from what I can tell

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Beta seems to get buggier the more I use it on my iPad. Hopefully the next update goes public soon.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Beta seems to get buggier the more I use it on my iPad. Hopefully the next update goes public soon.
Same, everything Files-related is unusable for me at this point since it will just say "its unavailable" and then shit out a duplicate. Working on my Mac while they hopefully fix this for beta 4. Widgets are completely broken/not present when accessing them from lock screen sheet too.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How's files? I should start by saying the existing "file system" isn't one at all as far as I'm concerned. My local files behave inconsistenttly from app to app and it all feels very much like a "we're using your storage as a kind of cloud alias and everything is really iCloud" and it's shitty for my specific workflow and habits

So all I need, all I want is just like, a folder hierarchy and the ability to name, rename, copy, duplicate and move files as if they're real objects, regardless of app origin.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I got the refurbished 10.5 and could get 256GB rather than the base model for a really good price, like at least half of what the current new Pro is for the same storage. Works great and feels future proofed for some time to come. Try and get one of those.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Those are the worst beta builds I've ever seen on Iphone, did all of them since the Iphone 6 and never had the quarter of issues I have now with this build, get your shit together Apple.

You do understand why BETA builds exist, right? They aren't pre-release "here's a fun peek" builds...they specifically exist to weed out bugs, so they will always have bugs. This is an operating system, not a video game, lol.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Sad that this won't be available for my iPad Mini 2. It seems I've finally hit end-of-life for the poor little guy. I should have seen the writing on the wall when Hearthstone wouldn't work without crashing a while back.

What's the verdict on iPad Airs? Everyone digging the latest build? I guess I need to start contemplating that upgrade...

enanogrande

Oct 30, 2017
How's files? I should start by saying the existing "file system" isn't one at all as far as I'm concerned. My local files behave inconsistenttly from app to app and it all feels very much like a "we're using your storage as a kind of cloud alias and everything is really iCloud" and it's shitty for my specific workflow and habits

So all I need, all I want is just like, a folder hierarchy and the ability to name, rename, copy, duplicate and move files as if they're real objects, regardless of app origin.

The app itself is pretty buggy, but from what I've been able to use it seems as if the "On my iPad/iPhone" section behaves mostly in this way now. Only issue is that apps still have their own folders where hey store their files (those apps that support it), so you're still not able to organize things 100% the way you'd like to.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The app itself is pretty buggy, but from what I've been able to use it seems as if the "On my iPad/iPhone" section behaves mostly in this way now. Only issue is that apps still have their own folders where hey store their files (those apps that support it), so you're still not able to organize things 100% the way you'd like to.

I don't need perfect - this sounds good enough for me. Probably wait till September though or a more stable beta update.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you rely on Files for anything definitely skip this build, and probably the next. Buggy as all hell and duplicating my folders like mad. I just gave up on deleting the duplicates and now I'm at Documents folder #38

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Had the public beta installed on my XR for about a week and here are some impressions:

Bluetooth Controller:
Had my Xbox One controller hooked up and tried remote play. Uncharted 4 worked just fine. Miku Future Sound worked much better than expected.
The real sleeper hit here is Fortnite Mobile. It works like a dream and matchmakes you by input so you play with other Xbox players.
Only issue I had that I sent a report on was with Airpods and controllers. If I use my airpods 2nd gen with my xbox controller and play fortnite, it works just fine. If am on a call with the airpods, I still hear fortnite audio but the controller input becomes unresponsive.

And speaking of airpods, i've seen some connection issues with switching between my computer and going by to my phone. Sometimes call audio won't go through.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas

While this is the case, you should still be able to export files from the apps to your external storage device in a folder of your choosing, which addresses that to an extent.

I'm really excited for this update so I can move most of my creative workflow to the iPad exclusively, using my iMac for finishing touches or heavy lifting only.