• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
selecting something in safari is so busted. Sometimes clicking on a link does nothing and requires a refresh. Sometimes it clicks something completely different than what I pressed.Other times links are clicked just my scrolling.

Also clicking tabs on webpages for filters and other such things doesn't work at all.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't do slow motion video anymore (iPhone XR ) is it iOS 13 related ?

Edit : actually if I send the video to another phone it's slow mo. That other phone isn't on iOS 13...

Last edited:

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017
In iPadOS 13, It feels way harder to get apps from the iPad dock to Slide Over. I wait for the bounce in the Dock when you long press an app, and I still fail at pulling the app out of the dock. I never had these issues in iOS 11 and 12.

PB2 is also much buggier for me on the iPad. I've had at least twice the number of resprings that I had under PB1.

Oct 28, 2017
selecting something in safari is so busted. Sometimes clicking on a link does nothing and requires a refresh. Sometimes it clicks something completely different than what I pressed.Other times links are clicked just my scrolling.

Also clicking tabs on webpages for filters and other such things doesn't work at all.
Yeah this has been my biggest issue on the iPhone. Makes using resetera annoying sometimes. I'll scroll and end up entering a thread. Or somehow, when I make sure I am tapping a particular thread, it bounces me to a different one.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I know a beta is a beta but after using Android betas in the past I was not expecting so many things malfunctioning on iPad. Safari (and by extension, all browsers) are completely broken.

My iPad is not my main device so it doesn't really affect me much and I still enjoy testing new (and broken) features before everyone else.

enanogrande

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah this has been my biggest issue on the iPhone. Makes using resetera annoying sometimes. I'll scroll and end up entering a thread. Or somehow, when I make sure I am tapping a particular thread, it bounces me to a different one.

I spoiled myself on FFH like this, scrolling through era and bam randomly opened the spoiler thread on a super explicit post :/

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of stuff broken about Safari right now it seems. They made some major changes to the way it handles inputs and whatnot to account for defaulting to desktop sites on iPad now, which I'm guessing is part of what broke a lot of shit.

But desktop YouTube is still working for me, 1080p, PiP and all, so I'm living with it.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Should I try this method out or will there be a public beta? Is it going to brick my watch lol.....

also, curious to try the tv beta but too scared after hearing its rocky.

the new beta update did fix the carplay glicth where you had to turn off Bluetooth so that was nice,

also eagerly awaiting the HomePod multi user support. will We have to wait til The real iOS 13 launch?

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Should I try this method out or will there be a public beta? Is it going to brick my watch lol.....

also, curious to try the tv beta but too scared after hearing its rocky.

the new beta update did fix the carplay glicth where you had to turn off Bluetooth so that was nice,

also eagerly awaiting the HomePod multi user support. will We have to wait til The real iOS 13 launch?

I heard that if you want to downgrade the Watch OS you have to take it to a Apple Store.

I'm running TVOS 13 at home and it's been pretty stable so far although I've had to unplug the power twice because it froze. Other than that it's been alright, even played FFXIV through steam link with DualShock4.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There won't be a public beta for the Watch since there's no way to roll it back.

Also apparently the watch beta this year is extra fucked so I don't recommend it

PinkCrayon

Oct 25, 2017
Am I losing it or did they move the profiles setting on iOS? It used to be Settings>General right above VPN, but it's gone.

Oct 27, 2017
R4YgZKm.gif

Bought a 10 pack of NFC stickers for $6aud on eBay and they totally work for turning the led strip behind my bed off and on. Can't wait until other people think of more uses for these I can copy haha. Also I'm aware it's about to fall off I need to restick it 😬
Edit: with shortcuts by the way.

Last edited:

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
How do I get the time synced lyrics to work in Apple Music? I only see the regular lyrics interface.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
R4YgZKm.gif

Bought a 10 pack of NFC stickers for $6aud on eBay and they totally work for turning the led strip behind my bed off and on. Can't wait until other people think of more uses for these I can copy haha. Also I'm aware it's about to fall off I need to restick it 😬
Edit: with shortcuts by the way.

Wow. I need this. Send me a PM please?

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm screwing around with USB drive support on my iPad. I can get my iPad to recognize an exFAT USB 3.1 stick that's connected through a USB-C dock but the iPad says it's in read-only mode. I can't do anything to the files.

Beta bug? Or should I not expect to be able to run USB drives through a dock?

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm screwing around with USB drive support on my iPad. I can get my iPad to recognize an exFAT USB 3.1 stick that's connected through a USB-C dock but the iPad says it's in read-only mode. I can't do anything to the files.

Beta bug? Or should I not expect to be able to run USB drives through a dock?

Beta bug, I would expect. I've been having trouble with drives as well, in random capacities

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to jump in on the macOS beta, but the Ulysses devs advised against it and since I use it daily I better stay clear.

With all the bugs I think I'll just wait for everything to be out of beta this time. Jonesing for that iOS dark mode though.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting change in dev beta 4 on iPadOS: long-pressing app icons now shows the 3D Touch context menu for the app. If you need to rearrange your home screen, there's a "Rearrange Apps" option in the context menu that triggers wiggle-mode.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Installing right now, I hope this change to the icon interactions fixes being unable to drag those on your home screen into split-view / slide-over

E: Apparently not. Why not just kill wiggle mode now that its in the context menu

Last edited:

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the feedback I got from asking the differences between the dev betas and the public ones, I just switched my profile to dev to grab this new beta..

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Posting this in the Apple OT, but the voice for Siri isn't working for me on the new WatchOS on S4.

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone with an Iphone Xs Max (or just Xs, I guess) feeling an improvement to battery life? I feel like my battery life has worsened a bit lately

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
iCloud Drive/Files is still fucked beyond belief, but hey at least now my drives will mount successfully. That's a huge weight off my shoulders

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to wipe my phone and reinstall 12 with my backup that was today? I wana get off this beta cause of the bugs but I don't wana loose all my texts and such.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Good point, from a quick test YouTube in Safari is also much more reliable to use