• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 18, 2018
London
Think I might give this a go on my iPad but not sure I can gamble on the phone yet, don't want to risk any CarPlay issues as I rely on it a lot.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Thought I'd put the PB on my iPhone, recalled I had major issues with my banking apps last summer, nope. Not doing it this year lol. Already running dev betas of tvOS and iPadOS 13 which are both dope, so I guess OLED darkmode has to wait until September!

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
So far so good but for some reason I can't adjust the ringer volume with my volume up/down buttons. Setting to allow this is turned on. I suppose I'll log a bug for this, anyone else notice this one?

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I updated without backing up to iTunes ( I don't have a Mac)

I hope I'm not fucked. iPad OS is already impressing me.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
Delighted that background downloads seem to be coming. Good job my Mini 4 made the cutoff because I probably wont be getting another one anytime soon.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Very tempted but iOS 11 public beta fucked up my phone and I've skipped them ever since.

Operations

Oct 29, 2017
Surprised they went with beta 2 as the public beta. It's still a buggy mess, specially Mail and Safari.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lemme know if "file system" is actually a file system. Can't believe I'm finally getting storage tho. Crazy.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
Dark mode affects the Books dictionary. Thank Jesus. That's reason enough to update.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I wish someone could figure out a way to get the Wii U Pro Controller to work with iOS13. Interested in Apple's upcoming arcade service but not crazy about having to buy a $50+ controller specifically for it.

Oct 26, 2017
This. Need my phone to be reliable plus iOS 13 didn't seem that interesting?

It's got some great QoL improvements. I love that I can just tap to share my ETA with whoever through the Apple Maps app. It sends updates through text about how far off you are, and even updates them if you've hit a delay.

Dark mode is great but stops being a huge deal after a couple days.

Let's see, what else...

The swiping keyboard is nice...?

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
The temptation is high to get the new CarPlay cos I'm going on a long journey in a few days, but ultimately not worth the instability/battery drain this early on.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Downloading iOS 13. The public betas for 12 never gave me problems so here's hoping!
I've endured the lack of a dark mode long enough.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Oh so that's what my spare iPad Mini 4 is for.. I'll try this out tonight. Wonder if it will help me get my 4K60 footage from my Osmo Pocket straight onto LumaFusion with the Files app improvement. That would be a massive help.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Will it be trivial to opt-out of beta updates and switch to the final release when that is out?
Yeah you just delete the beta profile, reboot, and it'll put you on the stable release path.

The only thing that's a bit annoying is if you want to downgrade from beta to an older release like the current stable version of iOS 12, you'll need to make a local backup using iTunes before installing the beta.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Argh home screen is only in landscape mode. I rare;y use my iPad in landscape mode but wanted that

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Argh home screen is only in landscape mode. I rare;y use my iPad in landscape mode but wanted that
Literally the only thing I know I'd miss from moving from Android back to iPhones (I know this is about the iPad) is Apple doing a classy widget system. On iPad and iPhone. They can do the side app multi tasking thing with aplomb and picture in picture really nice too, add in widgets that third party apps can support and get it running on the phone's too. iPhone would be perfect then.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
I am using the iPad now with a Bluetooth Apple keyboard and a USB Steelseries mouse and it really is fantastic. I think the iPad is finally ready to be a laptop replacement. I don't even mind the over-sized cursor (although options would be nice), scrolling with the mouse wheel just needs to be quicker (it scrolls in really tiny increments) but other than that using the mouse in iPadOS is pretty nice.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh so that's what my spare iPad Mini 4 is for.. I'll try this out tonight. Wonder if it will help me get my 4K60 footage from my Osmo Pocket straight onto LumaFusion with the Files app improvement. That would be a massive help.

Yep. Plug in the SD card through a converter, load the footage straight into the LumaFusion in the "On my iPad" section. That's what I plan on doing with my drone footage

whoa really.... This is amazing news. I might install the AppleTV beta tonight then if there are no major issues reported.

Can you roll it back if there are issues

The Apple TV is super hard to roll back, if I remember correctly. if you have an Apple TV 4th gen you can restore it using the USB port on the back but the 4K you have to use Xcode, I think?

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I updated my Apple TV 4k, 8plus, and my '15MBA. The iPhone is done and seems to be working fine, the MBA is still updating, but the Apple TV isn't displaying on my screen anymore. It was before the update, and the unit is on. I've tried to reset the display setting, but nothing is showing up.

theabefroman

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone had luck running the Steam link app and pairing an Xbox controller on the iPhone XR? It's force closing during the mapping of the buttons.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Safari has some great usability improvements. And I didn't know Apple was adding a swipe option to the stock keyboard. That was a nice surprise.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Loving it so far. Definitely some bugs, but nothing ruinous. App switching gestures have been iffy, some little graphical and smoothness issues, but so far so usable.

The one non-native video I tried to edit/trim ended up with audio sync issues, which is a bummer.
Messages seems to scroll up in whatever conversation I'm in when I switch to it, which is annoying.
Pencil update is shockingly noticeable. I figured it was so good before I wouldn't perceive anything but even on a 10.5 with a Pencil 1 it shows. Not gonna ruin any non-native-Pencil API apps by any means, but the insane work they put in shows.

Files is fantastically better, but still far from perfect. Obviously subject to change/bugs, but copying files over doesn't seem to have any progress bar besides on the location file. Gotta actually go check the final file locations and see if the icon is filled before removing a drive. Also, while multi-window is great, sometimes it doesn't work when I'd expect. Like dragging a RelicDrive from the left panel to a new window doesn't work, but enter the drive and drag a folder and you're fine.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
any examples on safari?
5bb0ba76-3165-44aa-bc16jzk.png

Nice new drop down menu.