• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MC-MC

Dec 15, 2017
How stable is the beta on iPhone XS Max? I installed the beta on my iPad when it was first released and now I'm tempted to install the beta on my iPhone just for the updated CarPlay.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Getting a glitch where the text disappears on the second line in Twitter, Instagram etc. This a known bug or should I report it?
Yeah, I think it's the latest beta. It wasn't happening for me with the previous one. It cuts off the last line of any tweet for me. As if the line spacing on the current beta was changed by a fraction of a pixel enough to count as too big for the container so Twitter just trims it off. Report it to Apple.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the new File management stuff in iPadOS still needs a lot of work.

The progress indicator is a small translucent circle on a translucent icon. Its difficult to see. It also doesnt seem accurate since I've seen files completing when the circle is a quarter of the way filled. Theres no transfer speed indicators at all. Some files just would not transfer, complaining about an "input error". Navigating the USB drive felt sluggish with brief freezes and unresponsive actions while files are read. SMB file sharing doesn't have thumbnail support.

I also don't undertand why Files app can't access photo and music libraries. I transferred some videos from USB and then I have to switch over to the photos app to confirm that the transfer was successful since there is no prompt to indicate that it was. And there still isn't anyway to get mp3s into Apple Music without syncing with a desktop. Maybe I'm overlooking something in both cases.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone found any issues wit horrible lag on Bluetooth keyboards? I just bought one to use with my iPad Pro and its super laggy. And sometimes reEats keys. I tried pairing with my iPhone and it seemed fine so shouldnt Be the keyboard. Urgh this is unusable

on the positive side my RGB mechanical keyboard works well although slightly overkill :)

Edit - seems related to mouse. If I have accessibility turned off the keyboard is ok. If I toggle it on, keyboard goes to shit

Last edited:

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone found any issues wit horrible lag on Bluetooth keyboards? I just bought one to use with my iPad Pro and its super laggy. And sometimes reEats keys. I tried pairing with my iPhone and it seemed fine so shouldnt Be the keyboard. Urgh this is unusable

on the positive side my RGB mechanical keyboard works well although slightly overkill :)
I've had this issue across various BT keyboard (including Apple Magic Keyboard 2) and various iPads (non-Pro, 9.7 Pro, 10.5 Pro), yeah. Terrible experience. No perceptible lag is probably also why I love the Smart Keyboard Folio on my 12.9 Pro so much lol. It rarely happens on my Mac mini too though, maybe some interference. On the other hand BT remotes/headphones are fine in the same area, idk

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm on the latest beta and editing replies to posts on Era is pretty terrible. Just me? The cursor in the reply box acts weird and it sometimes ends up selecting text while I'm typing. Just seems to happen if I'm replying to a post with quoted text.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I think I may be on the second latest beta but on iPad and iPhone I can't select a new wallpaper from camera roll

iOS 13 also won't allow me to add my debit card on Apple Pay on iPad, even though it's fine on iPhone and Watch.

Last edited:

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
So far the beta has been incredible on my iPhone XR, but there's something bothering me. Say I flick my thumb when I'm scrolling to scroll faster, it kind of does a very quick stutter as it's slowing down. It's not an info loading issue that I can tell, it's more like the scrolling animation doesn't smoothly display. It happens in Twitter, Facebook and a few other apps. The funny thing is, Safari seems just fine. Since everything else seems to be extremely fast, I'm wondering if I'm just crazy and this was always there.

Also, when I'm on the Xbox clips site, when I view a screenshot it displays in black and white and half cut off. But if I save it, it looks fine.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
hello hello.
i'm thinking of getting the new ipad air (2019) but was wondering if it'll be expandable in storage, or in fact if any of the ipad models are, with the release of iPadOS? if it helps at all it'll be just to store artwork (photoshop/procreate files), in case it seems to be on an app-by-app basis.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hello hello.
i'm thinking of getting the new ipad air (2019) but was wondering if it'll be expandable in storage, or in fact if any of the ipad models are, with the release of iPadOS? if it helps at all it'll be just to store artwork (photoshop/procreate files), in case it seems to be on an app-by-app basis.

USB drives should work fine in the Files app in iOS 13, so anything that uses the Files interface for saving stuff should support USB drives too.

Since the iPad Air uses Lightning rather than USB-C, though, you'll need an adapter like this to plug in a USB drive:

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
USB drives should work fine in the Files app in iOS 13, so anything that uses the Files interface for saving stuff should support USB drives too.

Since the iPad Air uses Lightning rather than USB-C, though, you'll need an adapter like this to plug in a USB drive:

fantastic, hopefully procreate uses that interface or gets updated in the future for it. thank you!

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
heck yeah, that's great to hear.

i just bought an ipad pro 10.5'' 2017 for a really good price instead of the 2018/19 air. 4gb over 3gb, obviously a slower processor but the screen and the audio should be better.

CPU is barely slower, and the GPU is actually a bit faster. 10.5" Pro is still a beast. ProMotion and quad speakers definitely make more of a day to day difference than the A10X vs A12.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
So when it comes to the DS4 support, would it ever be possible to see native touch pad support on the PS Remote Play App? Or will those buttons remain non-functional as a part of some other library for MFI controllers or whatever?

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How much better is it in terms of displaying information while music is playing? Do you like the changes?

Also, how loud is the gps voice? In my car it's loud sometimes and other times is quiet as shit.

I may try the beta just for CarPlay if it's stable. I'd love to hear your overall thoughts.

CarPlay on iOS 13 is incredible. The dashboard view is legit, and they fixed literally all the complaints I had with it

GPS voice I can't comment on since mine is always silent.

super in depth preview

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
How much better is it in terms of displaying information while music is playing? Do you like the changes?

Also, how loud is the gps voice? In my car it's loud sometimes and other times is quiet as shit.

I may try the beta just for CarPlay if it's stable. I'd love to hear your overall thoughts.
Honestly it rules.
You can have a split view with music, nav and ETA data, with the ability to go into the corresponding app by tapping on it.
also there's now a keyboard when the car is stationary which rules. Not sure about the GPS voice.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
My launch 13 inch iPad pro was running really bad, tons of screen lag for keyboard imput and other hiccups.

The iPad OS beta seems to have cleared most of that up? Feels like my iPad has a second lease on life, it's great to feel like my 1000$+ tablet isn't shitting the bed anymore.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I think it's the latest beta. It wasn't happening for me with the previous one. It cuts off the last line of any tweet for me. As if the line spacing on the current beta was changed by a fraction of a pixel enough to count as too big for the container so Twitter just trims it off. Report it to Apple.

Same thing happening to me.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bout to update MacOS.

Hopefully it'll fix the issues. Unlike iOS13 getting praised for stability MacOS Cat beta was a disaster last go round.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
Updated to PB6 and erased restored my phone from a iCloud and now my series 0 watch is acting and I can't repair it with my phone. Guess I will have to wait till the final release.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Still a lot of resprings on latest dev beta when I quickly swipe through apps on my iPad.

Also, what's the deal with SMB shares not being available in file providers outside of Files.app? I literally just had to copy a word document from my mac share to the ipad to edit it and then had to copy it back … r/w permissions seem to be there, since the copying and pasting worked, so idk. Probably gonna file a radar