• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
anyone's experience with the Catalina Beta they can share.
I been using iOS beta and iPadOS and loving it so far. Want to see impressions of Catalina Beta before I dive in.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Updated my iPad Pro 10.5. My hardware keyboard is now glitchy. Not a fan of the gigantic mouse cursor that has to be activated in accessbility and now that's everpresent. Scroll wheel for my MS mouse is not working. The keyboard takes up half my screen, it should not appear when I'm using a hardware KB. This is a beta so I'm not too fussed for now. I hope this is vastly improved come September. I don't have a lightning -> USB Female to test out my USB stick. Loving the night mode for sure.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell, I'll do it. Except this time, I'll actually make a full iTunes backup so I can roll back if necessary!

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
I keep getting an error message when trying to install ios 13 OTA on my XS. Any ideas what's going wrong?

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Dark Mode needs an Apollo-like auto-dark mode based on brightness. Timed schedule is... ok, but let me set a brightness percentage at which above is light and below is dark.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
Works great so far on my XS Max, I was surprised that it didn't break my Credit Union app the way all the other betas did.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
Is 3D Touch working for you guys? I know it was a problem with dev beta 1, so I've only been running the beta on my iPad.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Just checked and 3D touch works on both iPad Pro and iPhone X. It's a bit different, it's time based and not force based, to make parity with and phase out non-Force Touch devices. RIP.

Silly question, how do you dismiss a slide over panel? I can half-screen it, app switch, no problem, but flicking it off the right side doesn't seem to work like it used to...

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
Just checked and 3D touch works on both iPad Pro and iPhone X. It's a bit different, it's time based and not force based, to make parity with and phase out non-Force Touch devices. RIP.
Well, that's disappointing. :/

Found this, so hopefully it means regular functionality will be restored to 3D Touch devices by the time iOS 13 officially releases.

Silly question, how do you dismiss a slide over panel? I can half-screen it, app switch, no problem, but flicking it off the right side doesn't seem to work like it used to...
I can still slide it to the right. And I close it by swiping up twice.

Last edited:

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
The one feature I'm really looking forward to is being able to quickly switch between several slide-over (don't remember the actual feature name) apps. I always have a dictionary app open, so anytime I want to use something else quickly it becomes a real hassle.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It keeps failing to push mail to me, then after I get my mail and read/delete it, the little counter bug thingy on the app displays that I have tons of unread mail in my empty mailbox.

I have the same issue on both my phone and my iPad and it's annoying to say the least.

It's a glitch in the current build (I assume) but the actual draggable area is right above the indicator, not on it. Like you'e swiping right on the menu bar instead of the app itself. That'll dismiss it

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
This is going to be the biggest loss for me. Guess it's time to look at Aperture's apps. I wonder what's available as an alternative to InDesign.

It sucks losing these apps. I use multiple apps semi regularly and now I will have to figure out something else. I am not going to pay for creative cloud for the limited projects I do on my personal computer.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yeah, it's definitely exFAT and it definitely isn't supported by the Files app. Still shows up fine in the Sandisk apps. Oh well.
In that case it's probably not exposing itself to the phone as mass storage, but rather was programmed to interface with the SanDisk app when plugged into a Lightning port. A workaround for iOS' limitations that now kinda backfires.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Is there anyone that can try pairing a DualShock with the Steam app on tv?
I tried with my XB1 but the Steam client won't map the Guide button. When I select something else the entire app crashes. I'll try a PS4 controller instead.
Failed with my DS4 too. Center Guide button just refuses to map and crashes when finishing the controller setup :(

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
I have two issues with the beta so far: random disconnects from my Wi-Fi, and safari pretty frequently opening resetera links when I am just trying to scroll through the thread list.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Took a risk and installed it on my phone. So far so good. Face ID has failed once, but that's no biggie. Really liking the car play improvements and the swipe keyboard.

ASTROID2

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought you could turn off the cellular download limit. But either doesn't work or I'm mistaken.

ASTROID2

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They just upped it to 200mb.
This makes it seem like it should be able to go over 200.
xLeJrjn.jpg

I guess unlimited data is still useless.

Edit: Apps over 200 can be downloaded but tvshows and movies still can't. Enough with these stupid limits Apple.

Last edited:

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
Any early impressions about iPad os battery life in beta? Dying to try out sidecar.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i did not. What is my worst case scenario lol.
When I was in an early iOS 12 beta, I was stuck with a shitty bug but I had no way to roll back to iOS 11 as all of my backups were done via iCloud, and the latest backup had been automatically created in iOS12.

Having an iTunes backup means that you can always roll back without having to recover your data or set up your device from scratch.

Jun 20, 2019
Does iPadOS support Bluetooth mice or only USB? Mouse control in Safari sounds such cool but I don't know that I could get it working on my iPad 2018 (lightning port) unless Bluetooth mice work.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Don't really like dark mode on the road to be honest. Is there anyway to completely hide the top bar in Safari so the web page fills the entire screen? I swore you could in iOS12 but now it still shows the site name even when you minimize it.