• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a way to wipe my phone and reinstall 12 with my backup that was today? I wana get off this beta cause of the bugs but I don't wana loose all my texts and such.

Nope. Can't restore a backup from the future.

Only option if you want to keep texts is to turn on Messages in the Cloud, assuming you have enough cloud space

Oct 26, 2017
Oh no...

Long pressing a link to open the menu no longer allows you to open the link in the background. Is it just me?

I use that CONSTANTLY.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that stinks, you can still hold+drag the link to the tabbar up for the same effect but its a bit clunkier/slower

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I turned off 3D Touch to get used to it for this fall. Now that haptic touch has absorbed all functionally it'll be fine

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, STS posted on twitter how you can drag apps into multitasking from your home screen.
Engage wiggle mode → swipe up on home indicator → you now have an app that appears "homeless" → keep holding and drag it into your desired app

Lol

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I turned off 3D Touch to get used to it for this fall. Now that haptic touch has absorbed all functionally it'll be fine

I'm not on beta yet. Does 13 have "peek" without 3D Touch? I tried turning it off on iOS 12 and it doesn't work, wondering it that made it in.

If it is, then I'm okay with losing 3D Touch. Basically the only thing I used it for.

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not on beta yet. Does 13 have "peek" without 3D Touch? I tried turning it off on iOS 12 and it doesn't work, wondering it that made it in.

If it is, then I'm okay with losing 3D Touch. Basically the only thing I used it for.

sPrOFWP.jpg

Yep

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Does Era phantom touch in DB4? 😬

Edit: Also do USB anythings connected via the camera kits function on iPad OS? It's be nice to have that back.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
SMB mounting on the other hand still seems broken for me, now the mounts won't show up at all

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Major thing missing going from 3D Touch to Haptic Touch: actually selecting text. With 3D Touch when you move the cursor you can press a bit harder to start selecting, and on the iPad when you move the cursor with two fingers you can wait a moment to start selecting, but it looks like this function is entirely absent when holding on the space bar for cursor control, unless I'm missing something. Please tell me I'm missing something.

fake edit: I was missing something. While in cursor control mode tap on the keyboard with another finger and it starts selecting. Hallelujah!

Oct 27, 2017
Major thing missing going from 3D Touch to Haptic Touch: actually selecting text. With 3D Touch when you move the cursor you can press a bit harder to start selecting, and on the iPad when you move the cursor with two fingers you can wait a moment to start selecting, but it looks like this function is entirely absent when holding on the space bar for cursor control, unless I'm missing something. Please tell me I'm missing something.

fake edit: I was missing something. While in cursor control mode tap on the keyboard with another finger and it starts selecting. Hallelujah!

Still works for me by pressing harder the same way it did before.

FerranMG

Oct 29, 2017
I'm so happy I'll be getting back most of the 3D Touch functionality in my Xr. It's probably the thing I've missed the most since I switched last year from my 6s plus.
On the other hand, I find it a bit strange that the "Rearrange Apps" option in the context menu is the closest to the icon. That is, the first one you'll drag your finger over. I'd have placed that option the furthest.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, thanks. Not sure if I'll really miss 3D Touch then. Especially with your other post seeing that selecting text is still there (which for me didn't work too well anyways).

Do you know if it's working on the iPad? It's one thing I always try but sadly never works. Really want it on the iPad.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
When y'all download this Beta 3 please check if the Apple Card app has gone live because I am desperate to try and apply

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Still works for me by pressing harder the same way it did before.

Right, I turned off 3D Touch to get used to not having it for the new phones this fall. Haptic Touch is now a full replacement for me

Awesome, thanks. Not sure if I'll really miss 3D Touch then. Especially with your other post seeing that selecting text is still there (which for me didn't work too well anyways).

Do you know if it's working on the iPad? It's one thing I always try but sadly never works. Really want it on the iPad.

Yes, all of this works on ipad

When y'all download this Beta 3 please check if the Apple Card app has gone live because I am desperate to try and apply

Sorry, not yet. When 12.4 goes live it should also be present in whatever 13 beta comes out at that time as well

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this new release fixed CarPlay. It hasn't worked right for me since last release (yes I reported it).

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017
This is the first of the public betas where my phone (7+) isn't constantly warm and draining battery. Whew - it's been a tough couple of weeks.

Nov 6, 2017
Anyone here use the Google Home app on their iPhones? How does the latest public beta handle it? A few weeks ago, my phone wasn't connecting to the Google Home devices I had around the house and as soon as I downgraded back to 12, it started working again. Wanna find out if that error has been fixed (either from the beta or from the Home app devs).

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
notifications are finally fixed for me! thank god.! I just have to turn off and on notifications again.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
IDK if this is working in iPadOS but using 2 fingers to tap a link in Safari iOS opens a link in background and it is fast.
I've had a lot of trouble with this gesture in Era, even before the bets. It's unreliable as hell for the last few months. Works fine with other sites.

I think it has to do with some of the fancy scripting on the big thread list pages, like the way threads highlight as you mouseover them on a PC.

Last edited:

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
iOS beta 3...hope the issues with safari are sorted. Need to do some testing now to see if some things are still broken. Overall it's been a pretty decent beta.

MontTrain

alt account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
So this is fine to jump in now? The Era bug sounded horrible but is now fixed. Any other show stoppers people are experiencing?

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Anyone else lose "open in background tab" in Safari when holding on a link, with the new public beta?

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Some issues are fixed, but now other functions are broken.

- Cropping images on iPadOS (haven't tried on my iPhone X with iOS 13) no longer saves images based on how you cropped them. Every image is messed up.

- Just had a random crash of the OS and sent back to the passcode screen

Still, at least the ERA viewing issue isn't occurring and things seem to be a little more sped-up (Face ID seems even MORE faster).