• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Just installed the iOS 13 public beta finally. So far so good.

I wish dark mode changed the icons on the home screen too. At least stock apps that use white to represent "paper" (Like Notes, Reminders or Calendar) should change to have darker grey or black "paper" portions. And apps with a logo in the middle of a white field (And there's a metric fuckton of them now) should have a black field instead. This includes a bunch of Apple apps like Music, Safari, News or Health and third-party apps like Google, YouTube, FB Messenger or Reddit. The Maps icon should reflect how the night version of the maps are drawn. Some icons would just invert the colors, others would be tweaked. Since they have special wallpapers that can have two versions or dark and light, (A feature I bet will only be used by Apple without any way for outside parties to make them like how they made those Dynamic Wallpapers and never touched them again or made new ones.) why not put dark and light app icon version abilities in the SDK too?

Deleted member 56069

User requested account deletion
Banned
Apr 18, 2019
So is the iOS Public Beta 3 more stable now? I wanted to install this but I'm going on an overseas trip so I don't want to deal with a lot of issues. Thinking I'll install the beta when I'm back ~August 10th, but I might just wait for the final release at that point.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Why does Apple TV not let you revert the beta back directly? I updated an older non-4k so I can revert via usb but such a pain

Jan 2, 2018
So is the iOS Public Beta 3 more stable now? I wanted to install this but I'm going on an overseas trip so I don't want to deal with a lot of issues. Thinking I'll install the beta when I'm back ~August 10th, but I might just wait for the final release at that point.

Using it now and it's pretty good. No bugs yet, but I've only been using it for a few hours. I already can't do without darkmode.

SEBattleship

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Is anyone else experiencing the iOS bug in Safari when scrolling through thread topics on Resetera? Essentially, my phone will register my scroll gestures and as clicks and open up threads that were nowhere near my thumb.

Also, everyone that I've called after installing says that my number comes up as unknown.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else experiencing the iOS bug in Safari when scrolling through thread topics on Resetera? Essentially, my phone will register my scroll gestures and as clicks and open up threads that were nowhere near my thumb.
Are you on public beta 3? That was a thing in 1 and 2 but I haven't noticed it on 3.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Files could def use some sort of progress bar for moving files besides the icons non responsively changing. On the upside, looks as though if Files crashes while copying, the process isn't halted and you can reopen and it'll seamlessly continue.
Hopefully.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
You know you're getting old when these things don't excite you and you're more than happy waiting for the official release

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Haven't installed Catalina yet though. I feel more is gonna break with that than on my iPhone where none of my apps that I use have stopped working. (Though TD Bank did crash once when I launched it and logged in. But it hasn't since.)

I mean I still have PhotoShop CS3 which has survived this long but is 32-bit, Java-based and keeps complaining that it's gonna stop working and I believe Catalina is where that actually (finally lol) happens.

I still have a version of Parallels that's years old now, I haven't updated in years so I'm still on version 10 (They're on 14 now) and I'm still on ScreenFlow 7 even though it keeps bugging me to upgrade to 8. Both apps have had a tendency to break on major OS updates in the past.

I also still have ServeToMe and StreamToMe, the former which complains about not being optimized so I'm afraid it won't work anymore and I don't know of any streaming apps anymore. I only use it locally to stream the video files that don't belong in Plex from my iMac to my MacBook. Do these apps even exist anymore? StreamToMe is so outdated on macOS as it's literally an iOS 6 styled straight conversion. I haven't seen any other streaming apps that have macOS versions of their players and I'm afraid StreamToMe is the only one and it's not even being updated anymore.

Haribokart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Much closer yes, but Safari on iPadOS is not remotely desktop class. Stuff here like embedded tweets barely works at all 95% of the time, yet bizarrely some may more complicated sites work fine. It's a shame we can't get Adblock which matches the ability of the desktop equivalent.

Oct 27, 2017
Thankfully public beta 3 fixed most of the FaceTime issues I was seeing with iPadOS (couldn't minimize and then maximize the screen without it going completely black with audio still going, lots of audio/visual sync problems, disconnect issues).

Is Sidecar working again? It stopped working after I updated to PB2.

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017

Also, everyone that I've called after installing says that my number comes up as unknown.
I've been getting that in beta 3 but didn't get it in 1 or 2.

A bunch of the Apple apps are broken for me. Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and the Apple Store app crash immediately upon launch. Also got the missing open in new tab option in Safari And regularly have the downloads folder not showing when uploading something.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Just installed Public Beta 3 of iPadOS. Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic and Necrodancer: Amplified still won't boot. Been like this since public beta started. Raised a ticket for both. Is this something Apple would usually fix or does the dev have to push out an app update?

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just installed Public Beta 3 of iPadOS. Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic and Necrodancer: Amplified still won't boot. Been like this since public beta started. Raised a ticket for both. Is this something Apple would usually fix or does the dev have to push out an app update?

Dev. Sometimes if the crash is caused by iOS 12 APIs they can patch it (Things did this earlier, it was crashing on iOS 13 but they were able to release a fix to the App Store) but if it requires iOS 13 APIs to fix they can't submit that build until the final release in September

Werd

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Two of my more used apps at the moment, MLB TV and Hulu, aren't working properly for me on PB3. Video crashes if you try to switch between apps much (with video in PiP), in commercials, etc. Was fine in the previous version.

Bugs in a beta aside definitely like the updates overall functionality improvements.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
My Watch isn't working properly with my AirPods with the latest update, taking an AirPod out of an ear does nothing.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
I really tried to stay with the beta for my iPad but the Smart Keyboard was acting up way too much and I need that to work well as it's my daily driver. The mouse support is super cool but the KB is more important to me since I have the Pencil anyways. Downgraded to 12.4. I may try again with Beta 5 whenever that comes out in August. Can't wait for the Final.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing Apple still hasn't enabled hardware decoding of VP9 in Catalina? At least I don't think it's working in Mojave.

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Google refuses to support H.265 since there's a licensing fee, Apple refuses to support VP9 since basically only Google uses it. Both are on the committee for the successor AV1 so wait 3-5 years and it'll be fine

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
iPadOS is buggy as all hell but the battery life is massively improved for me over iOS12. Not sure if that was an advertised feature but it's very noticeable for me.

zyvorg

Oct 25, 2017
For iPadOs

Is it normal for the "widgets" to not show up at all in landscape view, I cant get them to show up. The space is there for them but empty

Also, none of my games have any sound, weird.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Definitely still very buggy on my 10.5 Pro, but it was to be expected. I don't need it for anything crucially so it's all good but damn I'm looking forward to a stable release. I really love the little touches and things like multiple slide over apps, it helps make the iPad even more ridiculously useful and nice to use over any other similar competing device. It's not even funny how much better an iPad is for so many use cases over anything else right now. With better file management it helps seal the deal even more. iPads are super powerful, super portable, with great battery life and the widest array of powerful apps at your disposal (4K60 video editing with LumaFusion for instance). iPads are gonna be ridiculous 5 years from now.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I think I'm tapping out on my iPhone 8. Messaging, text entry is sluggish since the last update. I can type a few words and then it catches up eventually.

Have a backup from when went to the beta, will wipe, restore to ios12 and get my backup.

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, my Bedtime alarm in iOS failed to make any sound this morning. When I did wake up the screen had the alarm on it, but no sound. So that's cool.

Deleted member 39450

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
Boston, MA

It's not just Safari experiencing these issues... in my BOA app I scheduled a credit card payment for $2000 and was shocked to see that I had actually selected Xfinity in my list. Still happening in beta 3.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Is the Apple Smart Keyboard working properly in the latest iPadOS beta? The fact the keys on the right half of the KB randomly decide to stop working was maddening I tapped out two weeks ago due to this issue and had to go back to 12.4.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Apple Smart Keyboard working properly in the latest iPadOS beta? The fact the keys on the right half of the KB randomly decide to stop working was maddening I tapped out two weeks ago due to this issue and had to go back to 12.4.
I haven't had any issues with it apart from the arrow keys not working in Anki - which unfortunately is still present but might well be an issue with the app.

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
I've held off on the beta for my iPhone. Is it safe to install for daily driver now? I'm prepared for it not to be perfect, and I've been through the betas in the past, just been more conservative this time for some reason.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Ok I'll take another backup then try the latest iPadOS beta.
I haven't had any issues with it apart from the arrow keys not working in Anki - which unfortunately is still present but might well be an issue with the app.
Hm, I'll try the beta again then. It didn't work/super buggy for Safari, Chrome for me. But maybe this time it will.

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hmmmm I'm loving the idea of that new share sheet but apparently automations got removed in this beta (they'll be back) and I was using those