• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Cool. IPadOS beta 3 seems to be a lot more stable and my Smart Keyboard is working (hope I didn't jinx it). I'll stay on this as long as I can. Seems super stable.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
My Watch battery has had issues with the betas, on the latest today mine went from 100 to 0 in 6 hours.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I want to download the Watch OS6 Beta 5, and iOS Beta 5

I have Public Beta 4 on my phone and just Watch OS5 on my watch, no betas at all yet.

I remember reading you have to have the phone updated before the watch or something? Seemed crucial or something would brick? So I update my phone to Dev Beta 5, than the Watch?

I was just going to use that betaprofiles site or w.e its called.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in Canada and I'm getting an Apple Pay icon inside of iMessage. When I tap on it it says Apple Cash is not set up yet, tap settings to configure.
OooooOooOoooOoh coming soon?

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Put me back on team fat icons for my iPad Pro. Safari new tab and keyboard cursor drag work again. 13 is shaping up to beat out the goat in 12.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just updated on my iPad and absolutely nothing happens when I press and hold on a link in Safari. Pretty annoying as I really miss the Open in New Tab option (I know about the gesture but I don't find it reliable).

edit: A reboot fixed it. I missed you, Open in New Tab!

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Just updated on my iPad and absolutely nothing happens when I press and hold on a link in Safari. Pretty annoying as I really miss the Open in New Tab option (I know about the gesture but I don't find it reliable).

edit: A reboot fixed it. I missed you, Open in New Tab!
Yup I was just gonna say, a quick reboot fixed it thank god its back!

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Jumped in with the latest beta on my iPad pro 12.9 2nd gen and I'm loving what it's turned my experience with my pad into. Some slight issues (Palm rejection in Notes is a bit funky) but mostly smooth.

I'm impressed.

EDIT - Just saw the post the above and a reboot fixed the palm rejection while writing in Notes.

OP
OP
Veliladon

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Beta 4 brings back Open in New Tab on iPad OS along with improving 3D Touch on the iOS while they're at it. 100% better than Beta 3.

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
This update is solid. Feels a lot solid than the previous 3, and actually usable. Battery still seems to be an issue on the iPhone 8. I think this is a good entry for those that want to try out the beta.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
How's iPadOS stability at this point in the beta? I guess iOS13 at this point, too. I'm curious in jumping in, but a little apprehensive. I suppose I can always just do a backup & restore on the iPad.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
How's iPadOS stability at this point in the beta? I guess iOS13 at this point, too. I'm curious in jumping in, but a little apprehensive. I suppose I can always just do a backup & restore on the iPad.

I created a backup yesterday and jumped in with iPadOS.

So far, very smooth. I probably spent an hour or so on it yesterday. I noticed some minor bugs, but overall it worked well enough.

If iPad is a daily driver, I don't recommend yet because... well it's always a bit risky.

Besides that it's very smooth and if you're interested I think it's a good time to jump in.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I quit safari it reopens with new tabs. Either a blank new one or ones I've created in split view due to how sensitive this beta has been. Keep losing all my tabs. It's driving me nuts.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I hate how no one seems to be looking at the changes in each of the macOS Catalina betas. All that I'm seeing is iOS ones. Does anyone have any reviews of the Catalina changes? I still haven't upgraded to Catalina as I want to make sure everything will work before I do but I want to know what's changing and happening. EverythingApplePro only does iOS.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty minor, they just made some blue icons grey.

I hate how no one seems to be looking at the changes in each of the macOS Catalina betas. All that I'm seeing is iOS ones. Does anyone have any reviews of the Catalina changes? I still haven't upgraded to Catalina as I want to make sure everything will work before I do but I want to know what's changing and happening. EverythingApplePro only does iOS.
My MacBook is the only thing I haven't upgraded myself, I guess because I do some important work on it and I don't want it to be buggy. And it always seems to be running out of space so it's difficult to update.

EDIT: After updating my iPhone and iPad I'm not able to change playlist order on either.

Last edited:

bear force one

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Having some intermittent touch misshapes on my pro. Like the whole screen is unresponsive for a second or two periodically.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Safari's long touch menu keeps breaking on my iPad Pro. I long touch on a link and nothing appears. A reboot doesn't always fix it.

It's happening right now :(

edit: Closing and reopening the tab kinda works.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I have been on the the latest Catalina betas as they arrive, and the changes from beta to beta are much more minimal than it is on iOS. It's mostly about stability. The music app went from "This is rough as shit!" to "It's ok" from first beta to the current one.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
How is stable is the latest iOS on the XS? I've been on the iPadOS beta for some time now and I'm tempted to put my phone on as well for feature parity.

uzipukki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been thinking of trying out Catalina is it stable enough to use at the moment?

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I don't think I have those, mainly use my Macbook Pro for web browsing, Plex and Lightroom CC/Photoshop. Might as well try it out. Thanks!
Then you shouldn't have any problems. Had some odd behaviour with permissions because of new security constraints (notifications and stuff). But other than that I didn't have any problem. Hasn't crashed once and been using it for 3 weeks now.