• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
Still having MASSIVE issues on IPad Pro ... have to hard reboot it several times... I don't think it will be ready for September.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
has anyone here with an iPad Pro 10.5 been experiencing touchscreen responsiveness issues? if so, has upgrading to the iPadOS Beta helped at all?

my iPad's been having all sorts of touchscreen problems for a while now, and i'm sorta hoping it's a software issue that'll be resolved by the update. i've already tried pretty much everything else i can think of, and Apple support haven't been hugely helpful.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
is iPadOS supposed to do fast delete when you hold backspace? Isn't doing it on posts here at least.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I feel like I've been really lucky. iOS 13 public beta on my X has been rock solid and super stable without any real bugs, except for the Safari link touchiness which is gone now.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
I feel like I've been really lucky. iOS 13 public beta on my X has been rock solid and super stable without any real bugs, except for the Safari link touchiness which is gone now.
So do you think it's worth downloading now on my xs? Primarly use overcast; Twitter, spotifyc, Instagram and chrome?

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone noticed an impact to battery life on the Apple Watch, just by running iOS 3 and not the watchOS beta? My Apple Watch battery definitely has taken a hit.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I've had pretty annoying screen issues on the last two public beta builds. The screen will intermittently become unresponsive for seconds at a time. On 4 or 5 occasion, the screen has gone black and done a quick reboot.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Hit me with the truth: Even in the final build the quick suggestion bar will be present with a hardware keyboard attached, right? It's so bizarre, especially because now with the iPhone X style navigation in slide over, it absolutely wrecks any productivity in that regard since it covers the navigation bar lol. Add to this that now we have dedicated cut-copy-paste gestures and its a weird waste of space.

(Iirc you can disable it as a whole but a) its useful for when using the software keyboard and b) it needs to be activated to use Passwort fill)

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else get a prompt asking you to enter your Apple ID password like every other day? It's really annoying although has been happening since before iOS 13. Not sure what causes it.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Upgraded to iOS13 and going to have to downgrade back to 12, works great otherwise. CarPlay is a little slow, but the reason why I have to downgrade is because Sonos doesn't support beta controllers.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
Has anyone noticed an impact to battery life on the Apple Watch, just by running iOS 3 and not the watchOS beta? My Apple Watch battery definitely has taken a hit.
I'm having this exact problem right now. I'm running IOS 13 latest public beta and I have noticed that my Apple Watch series 4 battery is draining super quick. I'm charging it daily now. It's goes from 100% to 40% in about 12-14 hours so half a day

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
My Watch battery feels worse and takes forever to start up
I'm having this exact problem right now. I'm running IOS 13 latest public beta and I have noticed that my Apple Watch series 4 battery is draining super quick. I'm charging it daily now. It's goes from 100% to 40% in about 12-14 hours so half a day

Awesome...I haven't noticed the start up delays, but my battery life is exactly as Abudiix described.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I've had it drain all the way in just six hours

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah iOS 13 causes massive battery drains for your Apple Watch, even if it's not on a beta. Hoping the new build improves this

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
The new version of iPadOS has messed up long pressing for me, I can't long press and copy images.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Hit me with the truth: Even in the final build the quick suggestion bar will be present with a hardware keyboard attached, right? It's so bizarre, especially because now with the iPhone X style navigation in slide over, it absolutely wrecks any productivity in that regard since it covers the navigation bar lol. Add to this that now we have dedicated cut-copy-paste gestures and its a weird waste of space.

(Iirc you can disable it as a whole but a) its useful for when using the software keyboard and b) it needs to be activated to use Passwort fill)
This was my biggest issue in iOS12 and I'm annoyed that they haven't resolved it in iPadOS. The shortcut bar gets in the way, breaks the UI in a bunch of apps in split view/slide over and is useless 99% of the time, until that 1% of the time where features are locked to it.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
This was my biggest issue in iOS12 and I'm annoyed that they haven't resolved it in iPadOS. The shortcut bar gets in the way, breaks the UI in a bunch of apps in split view/slide over and is useless 99% of the time, until that 1% of the time where features are locked to it.
Yeah, it was annoying in iOS 12 but now it legitimately ruins the major improvements to slide-over. I submitted a radar a while ago, unfortunately no response :(

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Getting a lot of weird capitalization and word separation issues on iPadOS, in addition to botched long press.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Getting a lot of weird capitalization and word separation issues on iPadOS, in addition to botched long press.

'yeah lots of weird keyboard stuff. Like that apostrophe I get on lots of replies here, and random capitalisation. How does the select stuff work now? Old tap to select seems hit and miss now as well, along with fast delete when you hild down backspace

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I love the new birds chime hourly on Apple Watch.

It keeps me more present with the time.

I already call them my birds.

Apple you sly dogs. You got me again with the little things.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
If I have my Watch perpetually in silent mode does it vibrate in a way distinct from a notification?

Uhh i dont think it was distinct, i forget, i did try it for a bit, i just had my watch in silent mode forever Bc thats how my wife does it but i always think its vibrating when its not, so, i like the ding. I think you can adjust notIf you volume too,

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
PB5 got Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic working again. Necrodancer: Amplified still broken though :/

Part of the reason I switched to iPadOS was so I could play Necrodancer with a DS4 but looks like I'll be waiting till September when the devs hopefully get it working with an app update

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I love the dashboard and how it's contextual.

If you have a calendar event you can add a location and click on it through the calendar app as well that's nifty

I like the hey Siri without holding button

Siri for google maps etc is a good addition but I'm just going to invest into the Apple maps seeing as it getting updated this winter

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
is there a good concept or general of idea of what this would look like, or at least and example of another OS doing it right, I'm curious. Had it on my s7 maybe?never used it

dev beta 6 has been pretty smooth so far

It's a game changer for me. Watching a video/YouTube on the top third of the screen and being able to cycle freely between web browsing/Discord/mail etc is a god send.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Carplay no longer tying the on-phone app to the in-car app is *so* much nicer.

WHAT

omg I updated and have t connected yet, omg this sounds game changing.

also,did they remove fine select for words? I hold my finger on the screen but now it just hilights the word instead of letting me kind of "scroll" with the text selector

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
also,did they remove fine select for words? I hold my finger on the screen but now it just hilights the word instead of letting me kind of "scroll" with the text selector
You're supposed to just drag the cursor where you want it to go now. It works very well in the latest beta.

edit: I misunderstood. I thought you were wondering where that magnifying glass thing went when you try to move the cursor.

Fine select is still there. Could be a bug?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
You're supposed to just drag the cursor where you want it to go now. It works very well in the latest beta.

edit: I misunderstood. I thought you were wondering where that magnifying glass thing went when you try to move the cursor.

Fine select is still there. Could be a bug?

no magnifying glass means the cursor isn't reallyvisible - it used to 'pop up' above your finger to help you position. Too much of a guess with small text now. At least you can still use two fingers on the keyboard as a trackpad - imo selection cursor needs to still be offset from your finger

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Just had an email telling me about the beta. Is the latest one much better to jump in to now or should I just hold fire still?