• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
Small megaton: 'find' searches in safari now save and resume from the last term you typed. No more retyping.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Still PB6 related but my Messages multitasking has been shot for a while now. Reported it a few times, to be sure. If dragged from dock to half screen it's usually just a grey window. Resize to ¼ or floatover usually results in the same. Giving it ¾ shows some actual UI, namely just ¼ of the screen is a nonfunctional chat list and the other ½ is grey as before.

Unitasking Messages has been fine.

Maybe the incoming PB7 will address it. Just wanna see if anyone else has seen/heard of this issue.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Still PB6 related but my Messages multitasking has been shot for a while now. Reported it a few times, to be sure. If dragged from dock to half screen it's usually just a grey window. Resize to ¼ or floatover usually results in the same. Giving it ¾ shows some actual UI, namely just ¼ of the screen is a nonfunctional chat list and the other ½ is grey as before.

Unitasking Messages has been fine.

Maybe the incoming PB7 will address it. Just wanna see if anyone else has seen/heard of this issue.

Yes, mine does the exact same thing

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll ever fix the wifi password bug (weak or inconsistent signal causes iOS to give out false "incorrect password" loop instead of, y'know, saying the wifi signal is weak or inconsistent. Been like that for at least two years through several updates. Also it's Facebook's issue, but the double spacing inserted when using the Safari web app instead of the facebook iOS app. But Apple could adjust the way the browser identifies itself. Not that they should have to. I think it's Facebook trying to get people to switch to and split into two apps (which is so stupid I have to stop talking about it now)

Tempted to sign my iPad 12 inch (headphone port gen) and try out files and storage.

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Shortcuts no longer work on my HomePod, it just says "shortcuts not available". Mildly annoying. Shortcuts also no longer work with CarPlay, Siri just says "shortcuts not available in the car" which is actually disruptive since I use the Overcast "next chapter" shortcut to skip ads and it's worked up until the last beta while driving

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ah ios13 is finally sort of getting a metered connection with 'low data mode'. Not sure how it'll restrict data bit apparently it automatically turns on if you connect to your iPhone personal hotspot (eg from your iPad). It'd be amazing if it switched apps into Behaving like they were on mobile - so eg no auto updating App Store apps, no downloading podcasts unless your settings allow for that over mobile etc). Would make it much more likely i'd hotspot my iPad

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Ah ios13 is finally sort of getting a metered connection with 'low data mode'. Not sure how it'll restrict data bit apparently it automatically turns on if you connect to your iPhone personal hotspot (eg from your iPad). It'd be amazing if it switched apps into Behaving like they were on mobile - so eg no auto updating App Store apps, no downloading podcasts unless your settings allow for that over mobile etc). Would make it much more likely i'd hotspot my iPad

Yeah I really need this. I've lost lots of data cap from my iPad thinking it's on "wifi" while hotspotted and then downloaded a bunch of apps/podcasts/netflix in the background without me noticing.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I finally broke down and I'm installing PB7 now. I have a gen1 12.9 ipad pro and a 10.5 ipad pro, but I'm thinking about trading both in for a new ipad pro if the multitasking is improved enough, but would wait to see if they announce any new ones for release this year.

Edit: Are there still multitasking differences between the smaller and larger ipad pro or did they do away with those? (the side by side view used to be restricted on the smaller one and a couple other differences i believe)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
What bothers me about Apple, and has been for years, is that the development teams seem to still be organized around platforms as opposed to services.

For example: I like the new Maps features in iOS 13 like "Collections", list of places that can be shared with someone. That's great.

Doesn't exist in the Maps app in macOS Catalina however.

I'm sure they will add that at some point in the future, maybe next year, but why always this discrepancy?

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Something I was just wondering, perhaps there are any iOS devs reading along: How flexible are you in regards to Catalyst? Can you re-design your interface to be Mac-optimized/Mac-like with ease or are even the most enthusiastic developers restricted to what amounts to a blown up ipad app?

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If I update my phone to iOS 13 will my Apple Watch still sync with it? (on WatchOS 5)

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else experiencing more severe battery drain and major memory management issues on the latest beta? Safari (with 6 tabs) has to reload every other time I swipe back and forth ... on ipados that is. Some apps freezing randomly too, been a rough ride so far

Last edited:

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
so is this new iPad iOS version good? Is it a big change and faster, better than the last?
There is absolutely no doubt about it. Probably the biggest iPad software update ever. Desktop-class Safari alone is such a welcome game changer and the more condensed home screen layout with integrated widget sidebar saves me a lot of time every day.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I really wish Apple would create developer tools for iPad OS and let us build/run code. That would be amazing and I can see many web dev's using it as their main machine.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
There is absolutely no doubt about it. Probably the biggest iPad software update ever. Desktop-class Safari alone is such a welcome game changer and the more condensed home screen layout with integrated widget sidebar saves me a lot of time every day.

curious what use you find of the sidebar on home screen. I like it a lot, but unsure what widgets I want front lone and centre right now

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
curious what use you find of the sidebar on home screen. I like it a lot, but unsure what widgets I want front lone and centre right now
My top 2 widgets are Shortcuts (the sky/your skills are the limit here) and Timery for time tracking. Having these two alone on the home screen saves me a lot of time invoking them by swiping since I easily do 50+ interactions a day with them. I also have Pcalc in there as well as a weather and battery widget just in case.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the iCloud stuff was scary af. Not gonna risk that happening again due to sheer curiosity. On the other hand I was able to enjoy more of the summer outside thanks to getting work stuff done in desktop safari so eh.

I'm a little dumbstruck though, surely the current dev beta can't be the GM? There must be a new 13.0 build coming?

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
what happened with iCloud?

I did an OS X beta like 5 years ago and it just wasn't worth it. Will never do one of these unless I have some spare device laying around.

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the iCloud stuff was scary af. Not gonna risk that happening again due to sheer curiosity. On the other hand I was able to enjoy more of the summer outside thanks to getting work stuff done in desktop safari so eh.

I'm a little dumbstruck though, surely the current dev beta can't be the GM? There must be a new 13.0 build coming?

I have a feeling there is still the GM to be released. Sitting on a server somewhere

I did an OS X beta like 5 years ago and it just wasn't worth it. Will never do one of these unless I have some spare device laying around.

Can't speak for everyone, but for me it duplicated folders about 500 times. They were all empty but since it's iCloud it also propagates to devices not on the beta

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah same, duplicated empty folders and duplicated files, alongside deleted files. At some point they apparently figured out the issue and dumped a 2GB folder with random iCloud Drive files on my local ipad storage ("Recovered files") that I still don't know what to do with.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I'm genuinely curious of what functionality you get out of multitasking on the 12.9 compared to the 11

like I know you get the full app experience
Really hope the GM 13 will bring my Air 2 back from the dead.
If I can even get it online to install it.

Are you the same person who said it made there air 2 slow as hell earlier in the thread?

I wat he's a iPadOS on air 2 review the other day and he seemed happy.

im curious bc I have an air 2 that I was gunna put iPad OS on

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, the Youtube app nearly always forgets what video I'm watching if I switch to another app and then back. Pretty annoying since I often watch long playlists and I have to scroll alllll the way down.

This is with the iPad Pro that has extra RAM.