• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't install the iOS 13 beta this time.
What is the easiest way to get the gm early?
Or should I just wait till the official release?

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
so I can DL the 13 GM, hook up phone up to a 10.15 Mac and upgrade that way? will it keep everything in place?

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I deleted my beta profile to keep my phone on 13.0. I assume downloading it again will give me 13.1 which I don't want. Is the only way to get GM 13.0 through a wire?

kharma45

Oct 26, 2017

Reading oen of the instructions on installing the ipsw

"If you have Windows, try using the previous method, as it's not officially possible to install iOS 13 via an IPSW file on Windows machines."

Is that right, that you can't install the GM on Windows via iTunes?

Deathglobe

Oct 25, 2017
Reading oen of the instructions on installing the ipsw

"If you have Windows, try using the previous method, as it's not officially possible to install iOS 13 via an IPSW file on Windows machines."

Is that right, that you can't install the GM on Windows via iTunes?

I'm not home currently to do this to my phone but that link list a way to on windows

FerranMG

Oct 29, 2017
What a shitshow for releases.
13.0 on the 19th, but only iPhone. Then iPadOS on the 30th, together with iOS 13.1?
WatchOS releases, but for series 1 and 2 comes "later this fall".
Maybe it's because we're used to some golden standards, but this feels like the most unApple thing I've seen.

Well, this and them announcing the iPhone 11 Pro and Phil saying "this is for the pro users". And immediately going in the line of "Well, pro users and also other users that don't mind shelling out 1000 bucks". But this is for another thread. :P

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Im really hesitating to buy the 11 now. Don't want to lose all my backup. Why did I install 13.1 :(
im pretty sure somebody already told you the solution is to get 13.1 Beta on your 11 and then restore your backup. Or wait until the 30th and go straight to 13.1 stable and restore then. its some extra effort but nothing out of the ordinary. Just don't slip onto the beta of the next update in between lol

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Is it bad to just update to the 13.1 beta instead of jumping through all of these developer hoops to get the GM (I'm on Windows)? Is 13.1 buggy?

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Literally follow those instructions and you'll be fine. Once you put the beta on your new phone and erase it, it'll stay on 13.1 and will accept your backup when you set it up
The issue is that I have many problems with 13.1. Main one being the note app (very slow) I wanted to get back to a stable OS. I guess I'm have to download beta 13.1 on the new one and wait for the final release of 13.1 and update ...

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The issue is that I have many problems with 13.1. Main one being the note app (very slow) I wanted to get back to a stable OS. I guess I'm have to download beta 13.1 on the new one and wait for the final release of 13.1 and update ...

The final release is September 30th, we're talking max 10 days. It's a hassle but it's what you gotta do

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The final release is September 30th, we're talking max 10 days. It's a hassle but it's what you gotta do
Ok thanks. I was on beta 13.1 (1). I'll install 13.1(2) in the meantime if it's better

then after I'll just have to download the profile on the new phone , upgrade to 13.1(2) take my backup and wait for 13.1 official right?

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What a shitshow for releases.
13.0 on the 19th, but only iPhone. Then iPadOS on the 30th, together with iOS 13.1?
WatchOS releases, but for series 1 and 2 comes "later this fall".
Maybe it's because we're used to some golden standards, but this feels like the most unApple thing I've seen.

Well, this and them announcing the iPhone 11 Pro and Phil saying "this is for the pro users". And immediately going in the line of "Well, pro users and also other users that don't mind shelling out 1000 bucks". But this is for another thread. :P

13 beta has been a shitshow in general.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
So is it possible to update straight to the iOS 13 GM from 12.4.1 just as a straight update without having to restore from a backup? I can't remember how it went last year when I did it.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
But my iCloud backup is still 13.1 so what can I restore from ?
iCloud usually stores more than just the latest backup, though you'll have to check if there are still any backups from 13.0 and earlier for you to restore from. If not, hopefully you have an iTunes backup. Failing that, you'll just have to wait until 13.1 releases to the public to hop off the beta train.

My advice is you should always have at least two sources of backups if you want to try out Apple betas.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
Is it bad to just update to the 13.1 beta instead of jumping through all of these developer hoops to get the GM (I'm on Windows)? Is 13.1 buggy?
If you're not already on the 13.0 beta you're better off just waiting the extra week and a bit until the public release lands. You've already waited three months, what's another week in comparison?

"Look at how easy it is to scroll through all your emojis!"
Professionals need to scroll through emojis too, bro. But the Touch Bar wasn't the best idea regardless.

Wccf says we can download GM OTA by deleting the existing profile:

Is this true?

EDIT: Nope, wccf tech clueless like always.
A lot of these sorts of sites make clickbait pages where shit is basically copypasted with version numbers changed. Then they wait for the clicks to come in from curious people wanting to get on the latest beta or GM train and pull in those advertising dollars. RedmondPie is another example of this crap.

Last edited:

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Is the beta for 13 iOS on the GM right now? Might just install that since I'm impatient

edit: welp, I see a similar question was answered. I mighit as well just wait

Oct 29, 2017
Face ID stopped working on my iPad Pro some time ago. Seems like it's some type of software glitch.

Do you all think that it'll start working again when I install iOS 13, or do I have to do what Apple's site suggest, which is to do a complete reset of the iPad?

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
for any folks updating to iPadOS 13 for the first time - delete your youtube app and just use youtube.com. enjoy your new desktop player, free background audio, adblock compatibility, and PIP support

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
So who's going to wait a while before they upgrade? I know the beta has been out for a while. And there's always the random occurrence that an update will mess up a few phones. But I always like to wait at least a month before updating to make sure they've hashed out any unexpected kinks.