• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'll see how it goes, it hasn't even been a day. Perhaps just some initial issues with pre-existing settings/cached data from iOS 12 or something. And if anything, iOS 13.1 is right around the corner as well so I'm not too concerned.

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
The reminder app redisgn is really great.
However, take note that if you're using other devices (iPad, Mac) which aren't on iOS 13/Catalina, they won't really work well together because of the redesign. Apple immediately warns of this when you start the app. It still syncs, but the apps are differently designed so it doesn't translate properly.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed you can enable a haptic vibration when Face ID unlocks. How wasn't this a thing from the start.

btw what happened to the FaceTime Attention Correction thing. I remember hearing a lot about that in one of the earlier betas but it looks like it's been removed?

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
The reminder app redisgn is really great.
However, take note that if you're using other devices (iPad, Mac) which aren't on iOS 13/Catalina, they won't really work well together because of the redesign. Apple immediately warns of this when you start the app. It still syncs, but the apps are differently designed so it doesn't translate properly.

I'm assuming you can deny it for now until the other platform updates are out, right?

Was wanting to install the GM, but I use a lot of shared reminders lists with my parents and don't want to affect that since they use iPads primarily.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming you can deny it for now until the other platform updates are out, right?

Was wanting to install the GM, but I use a lot of shared reminders lists with my parents and don't want to affect that since they use iPads primarily.
It absolutely is opt-in, yes.

Problems aside, I love Dark Mode and the swipe keyboard on my iPhone X so far. Will be interesting to see if it improves battery life in a noticeable fashion over the next few days

Massa

Oct 27, 2017
Had to restart the phone and watch to get notifications to show up on the latter but other than that iOS 13's been really good. Can't wait to go home and check out CarPlay.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, out of all the features in iOS 13 (outside of system-wide dark mode), the new volume slider popout is really neat.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
the hog animojis are the best thing about iOS 13 will not be reading replies

na8SMdD.png

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
Installing the GM on my iPhone X via the IPSW image. Must be taking it's sweet time to install, been over 30 minuets now.

Thought I soft-bricked it as iTunes threw an error halfway through, but the installer indicator bar is at around 90% now, so must just be taking a while.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Will installing the GM via iTunes actually wipe user data? iTunes gave me a warning that it would, just curious.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Will installing the GM via iTunes actually wipe user data? iTunes gave me a warning that it would, just curious.
iTunes is always weird like that, I never figured out these unspecific "you didn't apply settings" and "some of your iTunes content hasn't been transferred to this Mac, you will lose it" messages. Like damn, I just connected my phone to do a backup and upgrade, leave me alone lol. But yeah, don't worry. As long as you clicked the upgrade and not the restore button, you're good. I got a similar message and all is well.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
So do apps need to be updated to work with home screen shortcuts with Haptic Touch? Playing around on my Xr and some apps that had 3D Touch shortcuts back my 7+ no longer do.

Just not sure if they were removed or if it's a seamless transition from 3D -> Haptic.

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So do apps need to be updated to work with home screen shortcuts with Haptic Touch? Playing around on my Xr and some apps that had 3D Touch shortcuts back my 7+ no longer do.

Just not sure if they were removed or if it's a seamless transition from 3D -> Haptic.

Seamless in my experience. If the apps don't have the shortcuts with Haptic Touch that means the devs removed them

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Great work on the OT, I thought you took those images from Apple's website!

And with this, my iPhone 6 is officially and completely discontinued since the phone doesn't support iOS 13 anymore. Gotta hold it for a little longer until money improves over here and can upgrade to either an iPhone 8 or jump the wagon and join Android with an S10.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there something about needing to uninstall and re-install all of your apps to take advantage of the new update?

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't there something about needing to uninstall and re-install all of your apps to take advantage of the new update?

I remember reading about this too but not sure if it's true. I think in the beta you had to re-install your apps to take advantage of the "2x faster startup" but don't know if the same holds true for GM.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
So this will make my X faster, and more private? Sweet!

Not to mock my own phone but this list looks like a list of every other phone from 2012.

Dark mode? Swipe typing?

They literally called today "innovation"

LOL. We're Stockholm syndrome
Just because a feature came first somewhere else doesn't mean it's better, or even good.

Trust Apple. Always trust Apple. Can't wait to put it on my X.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah that sounds like a hardware failure that you should get looked at ASAP before your warranty runs out.

Assuming it persist after restarting, the next thing you should try is backing up and wiping it and checking if it's non-functional. That should absolutely rule out any bugs or issues with your current installation.
Dude, thank you so much for the tip. Took it in today, they ran the diagnostics and gave me a brand new one no questions asked. I even got bumped up to a 256GB (from 128) cause it's all they had in stock.

Nice brand new fresh battery!

Thanks!!!!!

Illenium

Aug 7, 2019
Honestly I'm so excited for this update, really for dark mode. As a once upon a time computer science major, I can't help but use dark mode whenever I have the opportunity. Plus it's just so much more easier on the eyes

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
After reading through the last couple of pages of this thread I'm glad I'm waiting to download iOS 13. I'll definitely download it. But not for a little while. It seems Apple needs to address some issues first.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a new way to get YouTube videos to open in the app when tapping links in Safari?

YT links open on a new Safari tab, and tapping the app option at the top of the page doesn't set it to open YT links in the app anymore.

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a new way to get YouTube videos to open in the app when tapping links in Safari?

YT links open on a new Safari tab, and tapping the app option at the top of the page doesn't set it to open YT links in the app anymore.

Hold on a YouTube link and select "open in YouTube". It'll remember that preference next time

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Installed it on my XS Max and the copy/paste function seems kinda broken now

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Lol I thought the stuff in OP was from Apple themselves and they were at max troll mode with the 'bajilion years' and 'by innovation only' lately.

Anyway dark mode here I come.