• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
ok I think I figured this out. You have to turn the phone sideways and long press on a tab in the tab bar. Then choose "arrange by title". This will flip around the tabs so you will reorder them but opening new tabs in the background should drop in the stack like you expect. I think what is happening is the new "arrange by website" option is active and the tabs are auto sorting.

Edit: tabs are definitely opening normally for me now.
Woah, that totally works! I would've never figured that out by myself. Thanks! 🙏

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Album artwork in music app is wrong will this be fixed in 13.1 also everyone is complaining about it including me lol

gamma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone got any tips for getting audio share to work? Trying to do it with my girlfriend's AirPods and it just doesn't work. Instead of having the interface where I can select both to output audio to both it shows up but selecting hers causes it to override mine and it will only output to one pair at a time.
That's coming with 13.1 on Tuesday.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I think I spoke to soon on the tab issue. It's happening again and trying to sort the tabs isn't working. What is going on here?

EDIT: I did just discover that tapping with two fingers automatically opens links in the background. That's huge for opening threads I want to read on the Era home page. But I need them to sort the way I want!

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else having this?

I've got a bug that's recommending an email address to me in my Share Sheet "Favorites" that I don't want there and it's literally the only thing it's pulled out of my phone somehow and it won't recommend anything else or go away.

Oct 25, 2017
The share sheet needs to be more customizable. You should be able to add your own Favorites because right now the Message suggestions are too random. My family group chat will be the most recent chat but it rarely shows up.

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
Is it not possible to drag & drop events in Fantastical anymore? When I tap and hold, it always opens the peek window with the context menu. God, I hate all this long press shit.

Milly79

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also what did they do with watch/phone interactions? My watch never goes off first anymore. Now it's the phone which never used to unless the watch was off my wrist.

Soybean

Nov 12, 2017
Heh, sleeping in on the weekend "taught" iOS 13's "optimized battery charging" that I wouldn't need my phone charged until like 10 am. So when I got up at 7 am for work I only got to 87%. It's a'ight. I'll roll with it and see if it adjusts. iPhone 11 Pro's battery is so big now that even a partial charge will get me through the day easily.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With my iPhone 11 pro and obviously iOS 13 my app in the AppStore don't update automatically anymore. I need to go on my profile and update them all or individually. Anyway to fix ?

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Issues with mail for me.

No notifications, no badges, only seems to fetch when I open the app and force it to even thought settings are set to push/fetch every 15 minutes.... very annoying.

ASTROID2

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
With my iPhone 11 pro and obviously iOS 13 my app in the AppStore don't update automatically anymore. I need to go on my profile and update them all or individually. Anyway to fix ?
This has always been the case for me. If you wait like a day or so it will finally update but super slow. I wish auto updates would just update apps as soon as updates went live it it doesn't.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Issues with mail for me.

No notifications, no badges, only seems to fetch when I open the app and force it to even thought settings are set to push/fetch every 15 minutes.... very annoying.
Same. Super buggy.
I was wondering where all my work alerts were. Notifications options were reset. Enabling them again kind of worked but they were minutes late rather than pushed.

A few hours later and it's finally working again. Plenty of other issues though.

Really hoping 13.1 fixes a lot of this.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This has always been the case for me. If you wait like a day or so it will finally update but super slow. I wish auto updates would just update apps as soon as updates went live it it doesn't.
That setting would be bad for Apple when popular apps are updated. Valve does the same kind of delay with Steam updates.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Same. Super buggy.
I was wondering where all my work alerts were. Notifications options were reset. Enabling them again kind of worked but they were minutes late rather than pushed.

A few hours later and it's finally working again. Plenty of other issues though.

Really hoping 13.1 fixes a lot of this.

I really hope so as well, this has been one of the buggiest iOS releases for me. Worth it for Dark Mode though haha

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Has anybody else come across this problem? It looks like the majority of my photos that were in messages have been wiped. I only have maybe 10-12 of the most recent photos in each text/imessage. This just happened with the iOS13 update

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Question. My ipad air is not on the list of ipads getting the new 'ipados' but does anybody know if that means I will not be getting a different update that allows for me to use my PS4 controller with my ipad?

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who recently got an iPad Air I'm looking forward to tomorrow's iPadOS update, there's a few features moving back and forth from my iPhone XS that I miss, but more importantly I can't wait for that sweet dark mode.

Also, I was browsing Mac Rumours in my phone earlier and turned dark mode off and the website also change to a light theme, and then back when I turned dark mode back on. How do we get Reset Era to make this sort of thing happen?

BojTrek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Is there a link to Apple to complain about new features. This Find My not being able to refresh locations is terrible.

I have to high school daughters and need to make sure they make it to places they are supposed to go.

Find My also does not give the distance in miles from your location. It seems like this is a huge step back for the app.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, I was browsing Mac Rumours in my phone earlier and turned dark mode off and the website also change to a light theme, and then back when I turned dark mode back on. How do we get Reset Era to make this sort of thing happen?

bug staff to add a "system" theme option using the prefers-color-scheme @media query

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Ios13 has a whole range of shit I hope it fixes.
Watch doesn't get notifications anymore. Mail won't show previews.
Having trouble copy pasting in Safari.
Timer countdown won't show on the lock screen.
Album artwork won't show in Apple Music.
How can they release such a buggy OS?

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
Ios13 has a whole range of shit I hope it fixes.
Watch doesn't get notifications anymore. Mail won't show previews.
Having trouble copy pasting in Safari.
Timer countdown won't show on the lock screen.
Album artwork won't show in Apple Music.
How can they release such a buggy OS?

They can when releasing on time becomes more important then releasing a good product.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tvos 13 will be available today as well ? To know if I jump on the Gm or I wait a bit

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it occurs to me that, given the original plan was to release 13.1 to the public on the 30th, the original plan was probably to release the GM to developers this week and the public next week and they just decided to shove it out to everyone asap instead

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Love the dark theme but especially love shortcuts. Created so many already for all my sports apps and web browser and chat functions.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a bug with charging? 2 nights in a row I wake up and my phone hasn't charged the phone correctly. This morning it's on 6%! It was on way more than that last night before bed.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
My watch is the same, AND it doesn't get notifications anymore either for things like WhatsApp.
Lots of bugs in 13, perhaps.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is an OUT OF NOWHERE QUESTION, BUT...

...I'm reading that iOS 13 allows third party developers more access to the NFC API's, previously restricted. Would these API's allow an iPhone and an Android phone to touch and theoretically communicate data across NFC, the way Android Beam allows on Android apps?

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I suppose there's no way to prevent apps from hijacking the volume control UI and force the default UI everywhere? Telegram, Instagram and Apollo all have different volume UI components and I hate the inconsistency.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a bug with charging? 2 nights in a row I wake up and my phone hasn't charged the phone correctly. This morning it's on 6%! It was on way more than that last night before bed.
It charged the entire night only 6%? Doesn't sound like optimized charging since it wouldn't go that slow but turn it off anyway and then try. Or see if 13.1 today fixes it.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It charged the entire night only 6%? Doesn't sound like optimized charging since it wouldn't go that slow but turn it off anyway and then try. Or see if 13.1 today fixes it.

Yeah, I went to bed and it was 50%. I woke uyp and it was on 6, AND had been charging all night. I even have the graph in the battery section. 13.1 out today?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having this issue as well. I wonder if the new 'optimised charging' has something to do with it.
How are you both charging? I've had it where I have placed my phone down for wireless charging and didn't quite make contact with the coil, leaving me with a dead phone in the morning.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
How are you both charging? I've had it where I have placed my phone down for wireless charging and didn't quite make contact with the coil, leaving me with a dead phone in the morning.

Just plugged into the wall as normal. I've got an iPhone 7+ so nothing externally should be affecting it. I didn't have any battery eating apps open, either.

Very odd!

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Watch OS6 and iOS 13. My watch battery dropping way faster since the update. Watch 4 here.
Had this for the first 2 days after updating too, but now it's back to normal.

My watch is the same, AND it doesn't get notifications anymore either for things like WhatsApp.
Lots of bugs in 13, perhaps.
Yeah, I have random drop-outs when it comes to mirrored notifications. I really hope 13.1 fixes this for good. In the long run, this would be unacceptable for me - I need to rely on it that all my notifications get properly forwarded, 100% of the time.