• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017

I want to see the speed in later betas. Some of the animations seem faster even now.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
New volume HUD is better than I imagined. I really like the idea of having it slide out from the edge of the screen where the volume rocker is physically located.

Pretty sleek IMO.
Yeah. It's still new and odd looking and it needs tweaking, but it did help a ton when I realized it physically lines up.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
That's shitty. Hopefully the Spotify suit will kind of force Apple's hand in opening up some of their "magic tricks" to other developers as a part of the API. It really sucks that they give themselves preferential treatment on features over everyone else.

Private API's are private either for battery, safety, or privacy concerns, or because these are low level "hacks" ( like dropbox file system integration from a few releases ago showed) that need work to be public facing stuff that they didn't get around to. I don't know why people keep attributing malice where plain lack of time, or other priorities suffices as an explanation. Look at the watch; devs could do jack shit on WatchOS but that has been opening up with every release.

Oct 25, 2017
When running a shortcut through Siri or even the Shortcuts widget does it still open the Shortcuts app first or does it run in the background while it performs the tasks? That is my biggest complaint with Shortcuts.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Coding on an iPad is sweet christmas. Hopefully they fix that mouse pointer though.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Coding on an iPad is sweet christmas. Hopefully they fix that mouse pointer though.

I genuinely hope that this means they'll offer an IDE for Swift on iPad. I've wanted to learn the language for a long time, but I really don't want to sit in front of my Mac to learn it. This is something I want to learn for fun, and my desk computer is strictly for work, lol.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
I genuinely hope that this means they'll offer an IDE for Swift on iPad. I've wanted to learn the language for a long time, but I really don't want to sit in front of my Mac to learn it. This is something I want to learn for fun, and my desk computer is strictly for work, lol.
I would like if they let Microsoft, jetbrains, Eclipse, etc work on and develop full on IDE's for the platform. I want to use a native VSCode with extensions on the iPad pro. That is a very attractive offer to me.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Honestly maybe that is their plan. If Apple released the next iPad Pro with a sturdier construction, a pre butterfly switch MBP style keyboard dock thing, and allowed for true IDE development they would get a large amount of software teams on board.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly maybe that is their plan. If Apple released the next iPad Pro with a sturdier construction, a pre butterfly switch MBP style keyboard dock thing, and allowed for true IDE development they would get a large amount of software teams on board.
Full-featured VSCode on iPad would be a dream come true. I could not pass it up.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Full-featured VSCode on iPad would be a dream come true. I could not pass it up.
I did hear they were trying to release a full version of Photoshop. Not the same thing, but did that ever come out? Could show that Apple is dedicated to get full products working on the platform.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I did hear they were trying to release a full version of Photoshop. Not the same thing, but did that ever come out? Could show that Apple is dedicated to get full products working on the platform.

It's still on the way, but it's not out yet. Still in the pre-release phase (beta, more or less).

GwiDan

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would give other apps native access to save in the photo library instead of having to export pictures from there to edit them in better apps.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I hope a full version of Premiere was coming to iPad too now that we have external storage.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I hope a full version of Premiere was coming to iPad too now that we have external storage.

I think that's pretty unlikely at this point, but it would be nice. Adobe is going all in on Rush for mobile devices. I think it might just be too heavy (overhead) for the iPad to really edit any footage in any meaningful way. If you've got a Mac, SideCar means you won't really have to worry too much about getting specific versions of your desired software on iPad.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I think that's pretty unlikely at this point, but it would be nice. Adobe is going all in on Rush for mobile devices. I think it might just be too heavy (overhead) for the iPad to really edit any footage in any meaningful way. If you've got a Mac, SideCar means you won't really have to worry too much about getting specific versions of your desired software on iPad.
I forgot about SideCar, that will be nice, maybe for keeping the video playback on the iPad. Although I'm wondering if the iPad Pro would be a more powerful editing machine than my 2015 i7 MacBook Pro.