• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. Its such a difficult decision. I read the remarks of the 11" and that started to steer me to 11". As I start getting excited about the 11" size I start to read the comments about the 12.9" and it starts to sway me back to the 12.9".

Yeah, I get you - I've had people describe it as 'monstrous' and 'massively sized', but once you've got used to it, it doesn't feel that big - everything else seems small in comparison.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
You're right. I have big hands but I think im going to go back to the apple store and check it out ONCE again haha. Does it feel weird using it in public though? The big ipad pro?

I use mine in public all the time. Coffee shops, restaurants, parks, airplanes, etc. It's not THAT big. It's still smaller than a laptop, so if you can imagine taking a laptop somewhere, the 13" iPad is easier than that.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
The better screen-ratio of the 11-inch is often overlooked, I certainly wouldn't pick the 12.9 over the 11-inch if I had to make that choice again.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
11" has a different aspect ratio?? I though they were all 4:3. I went with the. 12.9 for larger overall area but I watch a lot of 16:9 video - so for that are they closer in size?

Just slightly.

The new 11" is 4.3:3, so it's not a huge difference, and honestly the bigger screen, IMO, is more useful than the slightly wider aspect ratio.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
The fact is the 11 and 13 are sick but you need to go to the Apple store and hold them and decide what hat fits YOU.

Idon't regret the 11 in the slightest in fact I might like it over a 13 but all of my next screens will be as big as possible. Tech has just gotten so much better that the negatives are not there like they used to be.

But soon we will have a foldable iPad and this will be irrelevant lol

Jun 1, 2018
Thanks for everybody help - just ordered an ipad pro 11!!

can anybody tell me where i can buy this cover for it?

ITrMlgi.png

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Has anyone tried the San Andreas port on a second gen 12.9? Might get it now there's controller support.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I love the official Apple keyboard folio case for my Pro 11. Yes it's stupid expensive but it's super thin and really easy to remove the ipad when you need to use it commando. The only issue I have is the magnets don't hold the pencil securely enough for my liking.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I use and love the ootterbox case sold at Apple and honestly really like it. I didn't at first til I realized how nicely the flaps work.

its called symmetry series 360

Oct 30, 2017
The better screen-ratio of the 11-inch is often overlooked, I certainly wouldn't pick the 12.9 over the 11-inch if I had to make that choice again.

better for video maybe, but what else? i love the 12:9's aspect ratio for multitasking and productivity. i think it depends what you want to use the ipad for — it's not like the 11-inch has an objectively better ratio that apple was too lazy to implement on both.

i went from the original 12.9 to the 10.5 to the 12.9, and this is definitely my favourite screen/device size to date.

My advice is: hide the beauty of the iPad. You're paying a lot of money. Protect your money.

mine is just get the smart keyboard and don't give a damn about any hypothetical dings on the side panel. honestly it's more protection than i want with this gen's back coverage.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
mine is just get the smart keyboard and don't give a damn about any hypothetical dings on the side panel. honestly it's more protection than i want with this gen's back coverage.

To each their own. I carry mine around everywhere I go, and it's a $1,200 device that is less than a half inch thin, with a large surface area. I'm not willing to gamble when it comes to other people / public situations.

Oct 30, 2017
To each their own. I carry mine around everywhere I go, and it's a $1,200 device that is less than a half inch thin, with a large surface area. I'm not willing to gamble when it comes to other people / public situations.

yeah, i just don't really know what could happen to it in a smart keyboard cover in a backpack? half the reason i upgraded was the form factor, it seems counter-productive to make it bulkier than my macbook pro.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
yeah, i just don't really know what could happen to it in a smart keyboard cover in a backpack? half the reason i upgraded was the form factor, it seems counter-productive to make it bulkier than my macbook pro.

Fair enough, though I can't imagine the space you'd be losing with a thicker case would be so great that it would become unusable, haha. I have the Zugu Case, which adds some bulk, maybe 10% of its original thickness? But knowing that it's just got a little extra support all around makes me much more comfortable tossing it in a bag, or using it in a coffee shop. I have apple care for it, so it wouldn't be the end of the world, but avoiding the hassle is also pretty easy, lol.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seriously, what can they even add?

That said if they make the 6GB RAM standard on all storage sizes I might bite..

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
I wonder what they can do to the base model to keep it differentiated from the Air. I'm due for an upgrade from my Air 2, which may be my most used piece of tech ever, and it will be interesting to see which new iPad is for me.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Been eyeing an upgrade to a 12.9 for a couple years now. Guess I'll see what the next batch is offering.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I wonder what they can do to the base model to keep it differentiated from the Air. I'm due for an upgrade from my Air 2, which may be my most used piece of tech ever, and it will be interesting to see which new iPad is for me.

Air2 ftw

the Pro 11 got me to upgrade finally but with apples ungodly amount of ones i suppose if they can pump new ones out this quick the competition will never have A chance of entering the market in a real way

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh the competition is deader than dead right now. Android still barely supports tablets as a concept and Google bowed out of hardware entirely.

The market is Apple's

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Oh the competition is deader than dead right now. Android still barely supports tablets as a concept and Google bowed out of hardware entirely.

The market is Apple's
I mean, the competition is basically laptops, right?
Seriously, what can they even add?

That said if they make the 6GB RAM standard on all storage sizes I might bite..
3D Touch (lol since it's apparently being killed)

OLED? Maybe? Not sure OLED could handle ProMotion well, though it's obviously got advantages when it comes to contrast ratios.

There's always adding more lenses to the rear camera, I guess.

edit: what's really weird about the extremely strong consensus that Apple is killing 3D Touch is that, while they've updated iOS 13 so you don't really need 3D Touch to perform a bunch of its functions (though peek and pop was objectively good and seems to be disappearing), those updates *also* are a great way to make 3D Touch actions way way more discoverable, thus solving what the actual UX problem with 3D Touch was to begin with

Last edited:

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
OLED screen would make me sell my current one lol
I don't think they go there until next year. I am itching for one of the current Pros even if I have the 10.5" pro myself. Just love the new form factor. But now just gonna wait for the new models and see steep discounts on current ones and probably swoop.

Unless they go OLED this year, then I need it

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
OLED is only great for videos, don't actually think it's all that practical for an iPad in day to day use.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The Samsung S5E is actually pretty good and has a beautiful OLED screen. On paper it's a better Netflix machine than the iPad. Problem is the SoC is old and Android is rubbish on a tablet.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There is no better case than the Zugu case. Is it expensive? Yes. Will it keep your iPad and Apple Pencil extremely safe? Yes.

I mostly love my Zugu case but the pencil doesn't charge properly though it. If I attach it overnight the pencil will only charge to like 12-13% and my iPad battery will be drained to half. Doesn't happen if I attach it without the case so that's a bit annoying.