• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

📱?

• iPhone 11

Votes: 224 11.6%
  • iPhone 11 Pro

Votes: 251 13.0%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max

Votes: 311 16.1%
  • Pass

Votes: 1,148 59.4%

• Total voters

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Man, that new camera bump is a damn eyesore. I really like the X/Xs design, but this year is just ... meh. There's no reason to upgrade from a Xs Max anyway, so I'll just stay put till next year at least.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
11 actually seems like a really nice phone, especially with it being $50 cheaper than last year's model.

The Pro's are overpriced still.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
I've been eyeing an iPhone for privacy/data security reasons but I just can not live with a notch. Also, I hate how the cheap one is bigger than the smaller "pro".

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
When will we see the base version of the iPhone launching with an OLED screen? Next year?

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm going to hold off until next year.

As petty as this sounds it would have been an Instant buy if it had USB C

Erebus

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Europe
I think I'm going to hold off until next year.

As petty as this sounds it would have been an Instant buy if it had USB C
You know that's not aimed personally towards you as a lot of people mention it but what's so important about USB-C that would make the same exact phone instant buy if it had that port? I mean other than not having to carry an extra cable with you perhaps I honestly don't get it.

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
To give more detail, you can choose two focal lengths for hardware portrait mode. Ultra wide and wide, and wide and telephoto. Each one uses two lenses of course. That's how the base 11 does it now too, just without the telephoto
super cool stuff, the pic they showed with the hair was really impressive, my 8 plus and Xr always struggle with little hairy details for the blur.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Bummer, it kinda sucks that a phone for 700 bucks launches with a sub 1080p, LCD panel in 2019.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The triple camera setup looks way better than the renders

The huge square looks stupid as fuck on the iPhone 11 though, should've kept the old dual camera layout

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
shame they couldn't get to the psychological price point of ÂŁ699 in uk. ÂŁ729 isn't much of a drop over the XR and exchange rates should still have allowed ÂŁ699 even considering tax

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If they go all OLED next year, I wonder what will be the justification for the Pro.
Will it be just the third cam or will they throw some of the rumored features (like reverse charging) in only for the Pro.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
You know that's not aimed personally towards you as a lot of people mention it but what's so important about USB-C that would make the same exact phone instant buy if it had that port? I mean other than not having to carry an extra cable with you perhaps I honestly don't get it.

You mean you're not super-excited about throwing away nearly a decade's worth of cables and accessories for no practical reason?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

If they really want to push the pro angle - let me connect to a 4k monitor via USB-C and edit my imovies on a nice big screen (with optional BT mouse/keyboard). With the unnecessary performance for a phone these days they could potentially deliver a really nice equivalent to DEX. Or let me connect to an ipad via USB-C to have the same sidecar/duet thing they're doing with OSX.

Other than that - its really just being able to charge a bit faster with a MBP charger which is nice but not essential

aisback

Oct 27, 2017

You can generally do a lot more with USB C.

Don't get me wrong everything else is amazing such as the display and longer battery life.

I am borderline wanting to get it but that would have sealed the deal

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
shame they couldn't get to the psychological price point of ÂŁ699 in uk. ÂŁ729 isn't much of a drop over the XR and exchange rates should still have allowed ÂŁ699 even considering tax

If the government get their way in October, Sterling will plummet in value. Apple aren't taking any risks.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
Hard pass. iPhones have been getting uglier since the iPhone 4. I will keep using my 6S until the battery is toast - if there still isn't an iPhone I want I'll replace the battery and keep on truckin'.

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Lol. I hadn't heard there was a new iPad, and was looking through the site when it showed this:

MVcBooJ.png

Like... wtf is that thing even? Does the iPad have a USB port? Are they acting like people actually have USB sticks that have lightning connectors on one end or something?

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Like... wtf is that thing even? Does the iPad have a USB port? Are they acting like people actually have USB sticks that have lightning connectors on one end or something?

Maybe I'm missing something? But it seems like the lightning port end goes into your iPad and the USB end to your laptop. So you can put it in your laptop, transfer pics, then take it out, and then put it into your iPad. And then open the pictures on your iPad.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Lol. I hadn't heard there was a new iPad, and was looking through the site when it showed this:

MVcBooJ.png

The older iPads had a lightning port. Newer iPads have USB-C.

However, these devices basically allowed you to save/view images on the USB (since PC/Macs have them) on a computer and then connect it to an iPad or iPhone (with the Lightning port) to see them.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2018
Madrid
Bought an iPhone XR last year. It's almost new (always with tempered glass + case) so I could probably get at least 525€ from it, but not sure it's worth to upgrade to the iPhone 11.

gamma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man the back itself looks great but the camera cutout looks like it was glued on and doesn't belong there lol

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait but still. Watched again iPhone 4 keynote with jobs. How much he emphasize the look and design. He would have never allowed the same thing for 3 years like this

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
It's shitty how the iphone upgrade program REQUIRES a carrier. I use a pre-paid plan because I am locked into one at an excellent rate and if I changed to a postpaid plan I'd pay double or more. It's with T-Mobile but since it's pre-paid and not post-paid I can't use it for this. So I effecively can not do the iphone upgrade program.

Is there no way to get 0% financing on one apart from this? I heard the Apple Card method will charge you interest until you pay it off.

Guess I'm selling my phone myself again this year and buying the new one full price... it's a lot less convenient though and more money up front.

Deleted member 41502

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Maybe I'm missing something? But it seems like the lightning port end goes into your iPad and the USB end to your laptop. So you can put it in your laptop, transfer pics, then take it out, and then put it into your iPad. And then open the pictures on your iPad.
I get what it is. Their ad is about how you can use all this shit you've got at home with the iPad.
Heh. Its the "Grab files from anywhere!" bit that makes me laugh I guess.

I mean... you can't grab files from anywhere. The adapter you have to buy is right there in the picture. But they play it as "Grab them from anywhere, like this random really weird USB stick right here. You've got one of these right? Right?... (Its the only thing you can grab files from)".

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait but still. Watched again iPhone 4 keynote with jobs. How much he emphasize the look and design. He would have never allowed the same thing for 3 years like this

Oooh, you're so close. The correct phrasing we were looking for was "This never would have happened if Steve were still around". Bonus points would have been awarded for him "rolling in his grave"

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Man the back itself looks great but the camera cutout looks like it was glued on and doesn't belong there lol
Whenever I look at it I see a case, even though I know there isn't one.

MVcBooJ.png

The newer Pros have USB-C ports, and once iPadOS is out they'll be able to manage external storage—before iPad OS/iOS 13, iOS couldn't really handle most external storage devices properly. I think that's the main thing they're trying to get across with the picture.

Unfortunately, Lightning-equipped iOS devices still won't be able to do much with USB sticks and the like on the go, even with adapters, because Lightning can't put out enough power to support most flash drives, seemingly. The only way around this is to use the adapter that lets you plug your device into power as well as a USB device—which obviously isn't practical when you're away from an outlet.

Realising all this kinda dampened my excitement for iPadOS a decent bit, honestly. Right now my main hope is just that it'll fix my Pro 10.5's touchscreen issues, since Apple support have been distinctly unhelpful on that front.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't there various reports in the past that these "taken on x phone" photographs have generally been taken using DSLR hardware/lenses? If so, I'd take these photos with a grain of salt.

Portrait mode was hyped up a year or two ago and it looks terrible on my iPhone XS.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
iPhones:

Yeah no, Apple jumped the gun with € prices.
No USB-C, still 64gb, still LCD, starting € 799,- with 11. How can someone even justify those prices anymore? I know taxes etc, but this is just a bad joke overall. € 699,- should've been possible with the € still being worth more than the $.

Apple TV+: seems great

iPad: great value

Apple Watch 5: it's there, I guess? Not overall "new", but the 4 was so good, just upgrading it makes it good. No USB-C tho

Overall: Not good, not bad either, but I'm very disappointed with € prices on the iPhones and their specs and quality. Current Android market is moving OLED, 128gb, USB-C phones with nice cams and 3-4gb ram for 250-300€. Step up your game.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Aren't there various reports in the past that these "taken on x phone" photographs have generally been taken using DSLR hardware/lenses? If so, I'd take these photos with a grain of salt.

Portrait mode was hyped up a year or two ago and it looks terrible on my iPhone XS.
You shouldn't take portrait photos anyway. Make it cinematic!

Red

Oct 26, 2017
It may be weird. But what I'm most looking forward to with the new phones is pairing a green pro with a saddle brown case, and replicating the look of my old Zune.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I get what it is. Their ad is about how you can use all this shit you've got at home with the iPad.

Heh. Its the "Grab files from anywhere!" bit that makes me laugh I guess.

I mean... you can't grab files from anywhere. The adapter you have to buy is right there in the picture. But they play it as "Grab them from anywhere, like this random really weird USB stick right here. You've got one of these right? Right?... (Its the only thing you can grab files from)".

I assume a lightning-USB dongle plus regular USB stick would work too? And icloud/onedrive/dropbox/google drive - doesn't that cover most bases? I think it also supports SMB shares now too

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oooh, you're so close. The correct phrasing we were looking for was "This never would have happened if Steve were still around". Bonus points would have been awarded for him "rolling in his grave"

Spinning. We moved on from regular rolling in the grave to spinning last year I think? Also 'spinning' is thematically consistent with the fidget spinner aesthetic of the pro phones

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to work on their naming scheme. Pro Max is just redundant and dumb. The Iphone 12 Awesome Cool