• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

📱?

• iPhone 11

Votes: 224 11.6%
  • iPhone 11 Pro

Votes: 251 13.0%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max

Votes: 311 16.1%
  • Pass

Votes: 1,148 59.4%

• Total voters

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Use Amazon Music for my music needs and I download the songs I listen to most of the time. That's included in my 40GB number. Not sure why I'd download video though since I can stream with unlimited data plan.
Half my music isn't on streaming services and there's no unlimited data plan. I'm not close to needing 512GB - although I'm sure I could do it on iPad - but 64GB would be an absolute no go.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Can you think of anything you've ever used more often and to do more things in your entire life than a smartphone?

I was only comparing the comparatively heavy weight of these new iPhones to their prior models, is all!

And the Portuguese price of €829 is $920 in today's exchange rates — $220 more than the iPhone 11 is in the US. Even after you have added 10% tax towards the US price, it is still $150 more...

He's absolutely right about the 'Pro' name.

A phone that has that kind of name should at the very least include:
  • Apple Pencil support
  • high refresh rate ProMotion display
  • USB Type-C
  • in-display fingerprint reader
  • reverse wireless charging
  • 5G (even if it's not widely available yet)
Of course, most of the things on this list will (hopefully!) be available this time next year, but for now, the iPhone 11 Pro doesn't really live up to the name outside of the telephoto lens and offering a not too shabby 4 to 5 hours more battery life over both the iPhone XS and XS Max respectively.

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
Now to persuade my wife that I need a new iPhone when she paid ~ ÂŁ150 for her xiomi and it's perfectly fine.

That extra couple of hundred quid could pay a decent chunk of a nice holiday.

But I can't be bothered to set up all my apps and stuff again.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
I have had the iPhone 8 for a couple of years now and it is getting a bit slow and losing charge quickly.

What's the best upgrade (don't want to spend TOO much) so looking at XR vs 11. EE (UK) prices not yet out, so not sure what they will be like.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
Not sure exactly how long it's supposed to last but mine seems okay. I tend to charge it once a day, sometimes a little extra during lunch break but my screen is almost always on.
I can barely get through a day with it. It's very weird. My X before was way better. I brought it in to Apple they said it's "within normal spec". That sucks ass.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I have had the iPhone 8 for a couple of years now and it is getting a bit slow and losing charge quickly.

What's the best upgrade (don't want to spend TOO much) so looking at XR vs 11. EE (UK) prices not yet out, so not sure what they will be like.
XR is a fantastic value after the price drop. 11 doesn't change much besides the camera, so weigh that.

Pandaman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
About how long can we expect to wait before some 3rd party is able to do a deep dive on night mode? Does apple send out phones early for such things?

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I have a 7+ haven't gotten a new phone in years. With the trade in a lower base price,ill be upgrading on friday to a 11.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
They are more mild on the 11. More pastel than the colors of the XR.

ah that makes me worried about preording a specific colour. Loved the bright yellow and blue of the XR but not sure I'd like a pastel version. Red would still be product red? Are Apple normally pretty good in store if you want to switch colours (assuming they have stock)?

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I can barely get through a day with it. It's very weird. My X before was way better. I brought it in to Apple they said it's "within normal spec". That sucks ass.

What are you doing with it?

I've had mine going since I woke up at 4:45am EST, so 5-1/2 hours or so. I'm currently at 68% battery and I've been browsing ERA, played 20 minutes or so of FFBE and have been streaming music at work since 6:30am EST.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
The green iPhone looks so good.

I doubt I'll ever drop $1k on a phone though.

Maybe my XL 2 can last a couple more years and the $700 iPhone will get some of that swank to trickle down.

marcinaldo

Oct 28, 2017
I'm thinking on finally switching from my 6S Plus to 11. I like the colors but I need to go and finally see it in person because on paper the screen resolution and pixels per inch are worse on 11.

If that looks fine, I think I will go for it (though I'm still thinking about just going XR).

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Is it basically just official Apple cases/screen protectors that are out right when a new phone releases? I've never gotten a phone on release. I'm considering upgrading from my 6s to either an XR or the 11.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
remove the two areas to left and right, make a forehead, then add a dead area below that for a few status bar icons, reducing available screen space

Of maybe make a punch out hole like Samsung, however since the FaceID tech has 4 little circles and not just the camera itself they can make 4 punch outs so people can say how stupid it looks too.

That gets you a stupid looking phone and keeps the right and left sides for the battery, service info and the time.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Is it basically just official Apple cases/screen protectors that are out right when a new phone releases? I've never gotten a phone on release. I'm considering upgrading from my 6s to either an XR or the 11.
Nope! Lots of case companies are already selling 11 cases. They get specs ahead of time to make the right sizes before launch.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
I don't love the notch, but given the technology that's in there, that's a very odd and frankly ignorant complaint.
Right. So many people diss the notch but it's practically unnoticeable during use and also provides a lot of value in that Face ID is still easily the best facial authentication implementation on a phone. You also get nice camera features as well as Animoji and Memoji (lol). Samsung and other competitors don't come close, and that's why they don't "need" a notch.

Once Apple figures out how to miniaturize the tech or embed it to the screen, the notch will go away. But for now, it's there for a very good reason.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've decided to go with the regular Pro in midnight green. Coming from the XS, but I'm on the upgrade program so why not. I'm in for the new camera and improved faceID.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Is the Apple upgrade program worth it ?
You pay full price for iPhone and Apple Care +, split in 24 monthly payments, but at the end of each year you trade back in and start over. So effectively you pay for half an iPhone to use it all year, and start over each year.

the downside is that if you were to just keep it for 2 years you'd own it and could sell it to recover some of the cost. With the upgrade program you lose the device and always pay at the full rate.

for me it's worth it to have the latest phone, but it isn't a value deal

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
how much stock will people put in 2020 iphone being amazing when a bunch of things rumoured for this year didn't turn up. No tile, no reverse charging. Pretty much only the triple lens was confirmed and the stupid naming

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to look at how much the iPhone X is now, but I guess Apple has stopped selling them. Fair enough, but have they also stopped selling the XS? The store only shows 11, XR and 8. The XR is a budget version of the X, right? Why is the 8 there and not the XS?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to look at how much the iPhone X is now, but I guess Apple has stopped selling them. Fair enough, but have they also stopped selling the XS? The store only shows 11, XR and 8. The XR is a budget version of the X, right? Why is the 8 there and not the XS?

I assume you can still go into stores and buy an XS for $999 until next Friday? But they're removed from the store unless there are any refurbs. So there won't be an official discount, just other stores discounting to clear