• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

📱?

• iPhone 11

Votes: 224 11.6%
  • iPhone 11 Pro

Votes: 251 13.0%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max

Votes: 311 16.1%
  • Pass

Votes: 1,148 59.4%

• Total voters

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder why none of the U1 features were talked about in the conference.

K58HT3c.png
They're probably saving it for their next conference with their tile competitor. That's going to be awesome though. Imagine having AirPods with the U1 and the phone can basically act as a compass to find it. I feel like that could be huge. Wonder if it would work on a dogs collar?

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure how you can't afford the extra $100 for the 11 but can afford giving the xr to a family member in a few months and then buying an 11.

I didn't say I can't actually outright afford an 11, I said I can't justify getting one right now right out of the gate before user impressions are in for such a new product. If I get an XR it will possibly be lightly used or refurbished which will help offset some of the cost of handing it down. If I get an 11 it will be new. I said several months. Not a few months. Could be a lot longer before I'm ready. That help?

The XR will still be plenty of phone if you're coming from a 6. You should have no ragrets.

Awesome, thanks. Was trying out an XR recently at a store and it felt really nice.

Deleted member 20941

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So, is it safe to say that the 11 Pro has the best mobile camera when it comes to video (and photography?) right now?

Drakken

Oct 28, 2017
Time to finally upgrade from my 6S. $600 (with trade-in) for a much better camera (night mode will be wonderful for concerts), screen, processor, etc. is worth it for me, esp. with the terrible state of my 6S's battery.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll wait for the camera reviews, I want to see how the 11 compares to the Pro. I don't really care about much else. I'm a display nerd but I can't see myself getting too picky about something 5" in size and I really don't want to spend more than I need to. I'm a keep a phone 3-5 years kind of guy and I don't want to spend $1,100 and then find myself wishing I had 5G 18 months from now.

I'm still very happy with my SE but with young kids it'd be nice to be able to get better pictures when I'm not carting my RX100iii around, which is 99% of the time.

Mitochondrion

Oct 27, 2017
What is this smartphone holder? What is it called? I have also seen photographers especially at weddings, have something similar. It looks as it can hold the smartphone a perfect horizontal and vertical position without any tilt.

TsUFCxr.png

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA

CoachKevin

Oct 25, 2017
Pre approved for the 11 Pro 512GB. Going from a White XS to a Matte Black 11 Pro. My phone is used everyday for taking videos (promo and social media) and my 256GB XS is always full.

Worth every penny as a business expense, although I would probably get the 11 if it had a 512GB option.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Question to my tmobile people:

I have the X and was on jump for it. Decided since I only have 50$ left on it to pay it off. For all intents and purposes now, it is mine correct? I got pre-approved for the apple upgrade program, so all I need to do is once I order it from apple is trade in my phone with them.

Am I understanding this right?

edit: just checked my account and it was an EIP installment plan, which shows payed off now. Guess I'm free to go ahead and utilize apples program now. With apples program: do I always HAVE to upgrade once I reach the half way, or is it an option? And can payments be made online

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Question to my tmobile people:

I have the X and was on jump for it. Decided since I only have 50$ left on it to pay it off. For all intents and purposes now, it is mine correct? I got pre-approved for the apple upgrade program, so all I need to do is once I order it from apple is trade in my phone with them.

Am I understanding this right?

edit: just checked my account and it was an EIP installment plan, which shows payed off now. Guess I'm free to go ahead and utilize apples program now. With apples program: do I always HAVE to upgrade once I reach the half way, or is it an option? And can payments be made online

It's an option and yes payments are handled exclusively online

-COOLIO-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of switching from Android to iPhone. Android has been a fantastic platform but I'm curious and I really like the new Apple watch. Any articles I can read to sell me on it?

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I think the $300 savings on the 11 vs the 11 Pro might be worth it for me. I don't find telephoto lens that interesting to my camera needs, the screen didn't bug me much at the store (and I held it right next to XS), and I frankly like the color selection way more.

Maybe I'll settle for 11. I'll be sad not to be able to watch HDR video on my phone but that's such a minor loss compared to 300 bucks savings in my mind.

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
Is directly through Apple my best bet at the best trade in credit for my X?

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So this conference sold me....on an iPhone XS. Since they're "officially" dropping it though, will it still be available for purchase at like the Verizon store for example?

Not sure how these things work.

Oct 25, 2017
Sub 1080p in a flagship phone has to be a joke

The flagship is the 11 Pro and Pro Max which have higher than 1080p screens and the XS/XS Max were rated the top of its class last year when they released. https://bgr.com/2018/09/24/iphone-xs-max-display-review-displaymate/

So not sure why a random drive-by jab is needed.

The $699 iPhone 11 isn't the flagship phone. It is the top selling thanks to its price/entry level. I mean, it's got a lower starting price than the Pixel 3, Samsung Galaxy 10's etc. There is no way an Apple flagship product would be CHEAPER than the competition. It's usually the opposite hence the 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max being the flagship ones.

Apple is stupid pricey.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Is the clear case hard plastic or does it feel like the silicon cases?
if it's anything like the xr clear case, which it probably is, it's in between. It doesn't feel like cheap hard plastic like most clear cases. It definitely has a bit of a matte slightly grippier feel. Not sure how to describe. But definitely does not feel like the silicon cases do which are very grippy.

It really is just a high quality clear case.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Well my preapprovals are finally done for both phones. Wife wants a Space Grey 11 Pro and I've decided to go a little different this time around with the Midnight Green 11 Pro Max this time around.

Roll on Friday morning!

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If I go from a 7 Plus (401 ppi) to the 11 (326 ppi), is that resolution drop something I'd notice? Kinda worried about that.