• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

📱?

• iPhone 11

Votes: 224 11.6%
  • iPhone 11 Pro

Votes: 251 13.0%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max

Votes: 311 16.1%
  • Pass

Votes: 1,148 59.4%

• Total voters

Turbowaffles

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really want an 11 Pro Max but just cannot justify the price tag. But damn my 6S Plus is really showing its age...

Oct 25, 2017
How's the case feel? Wondering if it's worth the $39 price over cheaper clear case options. Gotta let that Midnight Green shine.

Feels in between a silicon and a hard shell plastic case. I kinda like it. It's still a bit slick but not too sticky where itll get stuck in my pocket. I currently have a more soft clear case on my XS Max. (This one: https://www.totalleecase.com/products/thin-iphone-xs-max-case?variant=12347674984510) and it feels a bit less soft.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Went space grey for my Xs Max. Do I go silver or gold for my Pro Max? I have a peel clear case coming.
I was Space Grey on my XS Max and think by far Silver is the most stunning this time.

Wu01aDq.jpg

FiwcN0c.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
Question to my tmobile people:

I have the X and was on jump for it. Decided since I only have 50$ left on it to pay it off. For all intents and purposes now, it is mine correct? I got pre-approved for the apple upgrade program, so all I need to do is once I order it from apple is trade in my phone with them.

Am I understanding this right?

edit: just checked my account and it was an EIP installment plan, which shows payed off now. Guess I'm free to go ahead and utilize apples program now. With apples program: do I always HAVE to upgrade once I reach the half way, or is it an option? And can payments be made online

You don't have to upgrade the phone once you reach halfway, that's up to you if you want to upgrade. Payments are made online through the lender (Citizen's Bank I believe and you set up how the payments are done automatically via a bank or another card). If you decide to not upgrade and just pay it off, the phone is yours. The advantage of the program is to just freely upgrade without a penalty like the phone companies might try to do. I did it for one phone and I decided to keep going with it and keep it as a backup for when I get a new one.

Oct 25, 2017
How much do you pay, from what I understand you never own the phone but make monthly payments, within one year it should be like paying half of the device and when you pay that 50 percent, you just turn it in and get that years new iPhone.

Just like that right?
Correct. Its a 0% interest loan.

If you can hold on just one more year for the XII I'd do that. Something tells me Apple is going to completely revamp the iPhone. I just feel it. Or was that the burrito I had earlier? 🤔

This is the third year model of this specific iPhone generation so next year is a total revamp like the iPhone X was.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How much do you pay, from what I understand you never own the phone but make monthly payments, within one year it should be like paying half of the device and when you pay that 50 percent, you just turn it in and get that years new iPhone.

Just like that right?

Correct. Legally it's a 0% interest loan over 24 months. It's the retail price of the phone plus AppleCare+, divided by 24, paid every month. I will be paying $60.33 a month for the 11 Pro Max 256GB (which is actually what I was paying for my XS 256GB because I opted for Theft & Loss AppleCare which I didn't do this time). After 12 payments you give that phone back and hop again on the new one, monthly price to be determined based on what model you pick and all that.

I like the plan a lot, tbh, because it's essentially a guaranteed 50% return every year, plus niceties like priority preordering. And if a new phone comes out and you don't care about it you can just keep on making payments and after all 24 the phone is yours, no harm no foul.

Some things to note:

1) You need to have one of the four major carriers (regular plan, not prepaid) to do it. No smaller carriers or pay-as-you-go

2) Needs a debit or credit card because it will run a credit check. The first time you start it's a hard check, any upgrades are just soft checks. I've been doing this since the 6S and I haven't had a hard check from this since that model.

3) You get to pick your level of AppleCare, regular or theft and loss. This is required as part of the program. You can call in and cancel it but then you give up your yearly upgrade.

4) Any phone trade in you have will NOT lower the monthly payments. Whatever the website says, that's what you'll pay. Phone trade ins will just either give you a refund on your card (not currently doable online, in-store only) or a gift card.

5) Minimum term is six months. After six months have passed you can either pay up to 12 months and get an early early upgrade or pay the whole thing off, but no advance payments for six months.

6) If you use an Apple Card even though the charge isn't coming from Apple (it comes from the partner bank, CitizensOne) it still counts for 3% cash back.

7) The phones are 100% unlocked.

8) if your phone is broken when you go to upgrade you just pay the AppleCare deductible, you don't have to actually get the phone fixed. Like that as a time-saver.

9) because upgrades are never 100% one year after the previous model, when you upgrade any payment you made in the last month gets prorated and refunded to you. So you're not like paying for a month and then immediately trading it in and paying AGAIN for the new phone

That's pretty much it. There's also a program called Apple iPhone Payments which is the same thing except no required AppleCare (it's optional), no yearly upgrade (24 months required to pay off), and whatever you trade in WILL lower the monthly payment.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Even with a crap battery I can't justify an upgrade over the X unless it's a redesign

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Correct. Legally it's a 0% interest loan over 24 months. It's the retail price of the phone plus AppleCare+, divided by 24, paid every month. I will be paying $60.33 a month for the 11 Pro Max 256GB (which is actually what I was paying for my XS 256GB because I opted for Theft & Loss AppleCare which I didn't do this time). After 12 payments you give that phone back and hop again on the new one, monthly price to be determined based on what model you pick and all that.

I like the plan a lot, tbh, because it's essentially a guaranteed 50% return every year, plus niceties like priority preordering. And if a new phone comes out and you don't care about it you can just keep on making payments and after all 24 the phone is yours, no harm no foul.

Some things to note:

1) You need to have one of the four major carriers (regular plan, not prepaid) to do it. No smaller carriers or pay-as-you-go

2) Needs a debit or credit card because it will run a credit check. The first time you start it's a hard check, any upgrades are just soft checks. I've been doing this since the 6S and I haven't had a hard check from this since that model.

3) You get to pick your level of AppleCare, regular or theft and loss. This is required as part of the program. You can call in and cancel it but then you give up your yearly upgrade.

4) Any phone trade in you have will NOT lower the monthly payments. Whatever the website says, that's what you'll pay. Phone trade ins will just either give you a refund on your card (not currently doable online, in-store only) or a gift card.

5) Minimum term is six months. After six months have passed you can either pay up to 12 months and get an early early upgrade or pay the whole thing off, but no advance payments for six months.

6) If you use an Apple Card even though the charge isn't coming from Apple (it comes from the partner bank, CitizensOne) it still counts for 3% cash back.

8) if your phone is broken when you go to upgrade you just pay the AppleCare deductible, you don't have to actually get the phone fixed. Like that as a time-saver.

9) because upgrades are never 100% one year after the previous model, when you upgrade any payment you made in the last month gets prorated and refunded to you. So you're not like paying for a month and then immediately trading it in and paying AGAIN for the new phone

That's pretty much it. There's also a program called Apple iPhone Payments which is the same thing except no required AppleCare (it's optional), no yearly upgrade (24 months required to pay off), and whatever you trade in WILL lower the monthly payment.
This is good to know. I got on the plan last year but I don't want to give up my XS Max for an 11 if I could keep this another year and sell it next year. Better camera isn't worth losing 3D Touch.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
I see lots of people saying to "wait for the 12 next year." I understand this is the third year in a row of this general X style model, but I fully expect next year to be an 11s / 11s Pro / 11s Pro Max. Apple is drip feeding updates to the phone and I don't expect anything different next year. I hope I'm wrong but I'd bet the 12 will be a September 2021 release.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I was Space Grey on my XS Max and think by far Silver is the most stunning this time.

Wu01aDq.jpg

Remember when we were looking at these mockups / dummies and thought "omg, what's Apple thinking?!"

5d5ab63acd978449a659df6e-750-563.jpg

image-9.png

And now, the actual iPhone 11 Pro models actually look kind of fine?
Moving the Apple logo further down and doing the "two-tone" thing with glossy vs matte glass really helped.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

How much is your cell phone plan and your iPhone plan together ?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
They look way better than the mockups. They somehow managed to pull off the 3 cameras for the Pro line.

That said the square on the normal 11 never should've been a thing. Should've stuck to the old style, that seems like change just for the sake of it.

Jun 1, 2018
User warned: antagonising other users
All those apple shills defending a sub 1080p phone in 2019 are insanse. How can you seriously justify paying so much money for a phone with such a bad screen?

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
UK shafted again with a ÂŁ49 price hike on the pros in comparison to last years model.
I'm sure the price has stayed the same in € markets and USA

Then again, who can blame them. Take advantage of the chaos here.
It's not taking advantage. The pound is just not so much worth currently.

All those apple shills defending a sub 1080p phone in 2019 are insanse. How can you seriously justify paying so much money for a phone with such a bad screen?
Oh All those uneducated hater that never saw the screen in person. The RGB IPS Display is totally fine. It's a good screen. A 1080p OLED isn't crispier because of the different Subpixel matrix.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Remember when we were looking at these mockups / dummies and thought "omg, what's Apple thinking?!"

5d5ab63acd978449a659df6e-750-563.jpg

image-9.png

And now, the actual iPhone 11 Pro models actually look kind of fine?
Moving the Apple logo further down and doing the "two-tone" thing with glossy vs matte glass really helped.

I mean, in typical Apple fashion, they were able to polish up aspects of this design to its limit and make it as classy as possible, with the shiny rings around the cameras and the two-tone two-layer finish, but ultimately, it's still an ugly design/arrangement.

Oct 25, 2017
I see lots of people saying to "wait for the 12 next year." I understand this is the third year in a row of this general X style model, but I fully expect next year to be an 11s / 11s Pro / 11s Pro Max. Apple is drip feeding updates to the phone and I don't expect anything different next year. I hope I'm wrong but I'd bet the 12 will be a September 2021 release.
I don't know why you are thinking that way.

Apple has already said that every 3 years is their new cycle for massive revamps. They started this with the X as it was 3 years after the iPhone 6/6 Plus which was the major revamp prior to the X.

Likewise, you are basing it off of the naming structure which makes no sense because they already broke this naming structure with the start of the X (this current generation) when they went from an iPhone 7 to the iPhone 8 and X and completely skipped the "7s"

You do realize that the sub 1080p phone you are bashing is cheaper than all the other phones you are trying to compare it to (Samsung Galaxy 10s, Pixel 3s). The OnePlus 7 Pro is the only one that is cheaper by $30 with a 1440p screen but has other sacrifices to make it a super affordable phone.

Last edited:

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
What crazy things is the S10+ doing? That's what I don't understand, people keep saying that Apple is just making small changes every year, what big changes has Samsung made this year compared to last?

Practically an edge-to-edge display, in-screen fingerprint scanner, ultrawide/telephoto cameras, optional 5g, reverse wireless charging.

Design wise, at least it looks and feels different from the previous year too. The 11s all look the Xs more or less. And still no USB C. The Apple that created the iPhone 4/6 seems to be in the past.

Oct 25, 2017
Practically an edge-to-edge display, in-screen fingerprint scanner, ultrawide/telephoto cameras, optional 5g, reverse wireless charging.

Design wise, at least it looks and feels different from the previous year too. The 11s all look the Xs more or less. And still no USB C. The Apple that created the iPhone 4/6 seems to be in the past.

I 100% agree that Samsung's latest is pretty awesome looking. They do make some pretty nice feature upgrades each year which I appreciate. Apple though has already said they only do large iterative changes once every three years. I think it's too slow. They should go back to their 2 year cadence :[

Broken Hope

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'll take the notch and Face ID over an in screen fingerprint reader any day.

Looks like we're getting 6GB RAM this year.

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
As an iPhone X user it's nice to know that the same size phone now has the amazing battery life of the XS Max.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
This is my first time getting pre approval for an iphone and actually joining the upgrade program. I just log in on the app Friday morning right? Do I have to be insanely fast to get the phone on release day? I read somewhere I can change colors if I want to (I'm honestly kind of digging the green the more I look at it).

Jun 1, 2018
I don't know why you are thinking that way.

Apple has already said that every 3 years is their new cycle for massive revamps. They started this with the X as it was 3 years after the iPhone 6/6 Plus which was the major revamp prior to the X.

Likewise, you are basing it off of the naming structure which makes no sense because they already broke this naming structure with the start of the X (this current generation) when they went from an iPhone 7 to the iPhone 8 and X and completely skipped the "7s"

You do realize that the sub 1080p phone you are bashing is cheaper than all the other phones you are trying to compare it to (Samsung Galaxy 10s, Pixel 3s). The OnePlus 7 Pro is the only one that is cheaper by $30 with a 1440p screen but has other sacrifices to make it a super affordable phone.
Xiaomi Mi

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom

Some things to note:

Wow thanks for this breakdown.

I'm mighty tempted to upgrade now.

As someone holding out for the 12, but in need of a new phone, this seems like a good plan?

Paying for a portion of the 11 and When the 12 finally comes out i can get upgrade and pay off the 12 and just keep/end the plan?