• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Like last year, for discussion of any order, retailer, iPhone Upgrade Program, shipping questions, tracking and delivery updates, and more, to acquire the newly announced iPhone 11 / 11 Pro / 11 Pro Max (and Watch Series 5).

t1568376000z1.png

• Sep 10th - Apple Watch Series 5 Pre-orders Now Live
  • Sep 10th - iPhone Upgrade Program pre-approval now available in the Apple Store App for iPhone
  • Sep 13th - 5AM PDT / 8AM EDT iPhone pre-orders go live
  • Sep 20th - iPhone release and Apple Watch Series 5 release

iPhone 11 models - announcement / features / hardware discussion:

Apple Watch Series 5 announcement discussion:

Last year's preorder thread:

This year, iPhone preorders are at a new time: 5AM PDT / 8AM EDT on September 13th.

Preorder in the Apple Store App on iOS for the fastest process, or at:
www.apple.com

Apple

Discover the innovative world of Apple and shop everything iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, and Apple TV, plus explore accessories, entertainment, and expert device support.

See starting prices in the images captured by The Verge.

lcimg-0ceb1add-79fa-43d2-9641-aa3b7d8c5d1e.jpg

lcimg-eeb5ae9f-f62f-47ed-a925-6ea01a733d9c.jpg

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
If you are already in the iPhone Upgrade Program, you should have received an email tonight telling you that you can pre-approve your upgrade and loan. I just did it.

Oct 25, 2017
Got pre approved for a 11 Pro Max Midnight Green 256gb. This is my first time upgrading from the Apple store app. Is my pre order all but guaranteed and can I choose to pick up in store on September 20th?

tareqsalah

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Lifetime android user getting the iphone for the first time. How early should i wake up to be able to pre order this from tmobile?

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Lifetime android user getting the iphone for the first time. How early should i wake up to be able to pre order this from tmobile?
Many years, the carrier websites like T-Mobile go live a few minutes earlier than Apple themselves. But every site is supposed to go live at the same time as Apple, 5AM PDT on Sep 13

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Before I go ahead and try to get my very first iPhone from this lineup, is there any danger to buying the phone unlocked outright from the Apple Store and hauling it over to T-Mobile to get a SIM, transfer my number, etc from my current Google Fi service?

To put it more simply, I suppose I'm asking, does T-Mobile not like unlocked phones as far as carriers? I'm trying to just have more control over software installation and I kinda hate buying directly from carriers because of the carrier software that I typically find installed on them. I'll obviously get the carrier's core app if it features billing and plan usage info, but I'm not really interested in having my phone packed to the brim with a ton of peripheral apps.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
got myself pre-approved for an iPhone 11 Pro 256gb Space Gray.

Was hoping for a 128gb option as I have a XS now in 256gb and I barely scratched the surface with it...

Also, as someone who lives in NYC, I am so glad the actual pre-orders start 5am PT this year, as I am already up for work by then.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Got pre approved for a 11 Pro Max Midnight Green 256gb. This is my first time upgrading from the Apple store app. Is my pre order all but guaranteed and can I choose to pick up in store on September 20th?

Pick up in store MIGHT work, but don't count on it. It fills up fast. But you'll absolutely get one for Day One delivery no problem so long as you return to the app within the first 5 minutes or so of it going live.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
Pick up in store MIGHT work, but don't count on it. It fills up fast. But you'll absolutely get one for Day One delivery no problem so long as you return to the app within the first 5 minutes or so of it going live.
same with just ordering? if i'm there right at 5 shouldn't have a problem for delivery on 20th?

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
same with just ordering? if i'm there right at 5 shouldn't have a problem for delivery on 20th?

I've had almost every single iPhone since the very first one on Day One without issue.

While there's no guarantee, I'd be blown away if you didn't get in the first batch if you do the following:

1. Actually start refreshing the app RIGHT before orders go live
2. Have your CC info already entered ahead of time, and know what you want - be ready to complete the order in ~60 sec

The last few years have been surprisingly easy. Like, even with all the hype for the X, I was able to snag it with zero issue for Day One delivery just casually going through the ordering process on the app. Took about five minutes. And they STILL had them available for another 30 min or so.

Of course, your odds are even better if you're not super picky about color or storage. Note that the "new" colors always delay first. So green in this case. Then typically the biggest storage amount (512GB this time) is first size to go out... cause they probably make the fewest and you have the die-hards ordering first thing.

These are a lot of words to say you'll probably be just fine :)

ijm72

Oct 27, 2017
In for the midnight green Pro Max. I was just going to get the space grey like the past few years but the midnight green looks great in all the pictures/videos I've seen.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
I've had almost every single iPhone since the very first one on Day One without issue.

While there's no guarantee, I'd be blown away if you didn't get in the first batch if you do the following:

1. Actually start refreshing the app RIGHT before orders go live
2. Have your CC info already entered ahead of time, and know what you want - be ready to complete the order in ~60 sec

The last few years have been surprisingly easy. Like, even with all the hype for the X, I was able to snag it with zero issue for Day One delivery just casually going through the ordering process on the app. Took about five minutes. And they STILL had them available for another 30 min or so.

Of course, your odds are even better if you're not super picky about color or storage. Note that the "new" colors always delay first. So green in this case. Then typically the biggest storage amount (512GB this time) is first size to go out... cause they probably make the fewest and you have the die-hards ordering first thing.

These are a lot of words to say you'll probably be just fine :)

thanks, all that is taken care of, just need to find my verizon pin before hand and i'm ready. going for the green like everyone else, so we will see

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
Got my IUP is pre-approval in place, getting a iPhone 11 Pro in Gold. Green looked neat, but it was too dark for my tastes.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be preordering the Midnight Green 256GB iPhone 11 Pro Max on Friday! I can't wait. I'll be upgrading through T-Mobile with Jump On Demand.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
In for the midnight green Pro Max. I was just going to get the space grey like the past few years but the midnight green looks great in all the pictures/videos I've seen.
I'll be preordering the Midnight Green 256GB iPhone 11 Pro Max on Friday! I can't wait. I'll be upgrading through T-Mobile with Jump On Demand.

Yup. Same here.

Already ordered my Apple leather case which is due for delivery this Friday. Went with the Midnight Blue case for the Midnight Green phone.

Why is everyone using loans?

I'll be paying cash

I have the cash. But I may use my PayPal credit account as they give 0% on purchases for 4 months. I haven't decided yet.

Wedginald

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Do they allow you to preorder more than 1 at a time? Would like to get get one for myself, and the other for a family member.

joefro

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
I can't decide what color to go with this year. My X was space gray which I didn't love and my Xs Max is gold which I do enjoy. I'm thinking I'll go silver this year? The pics of the new matte back look really nice and sleek for the silver/white. Not sure how I feel about the green and I still don't like space gray.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Before I go ahead and try to get my very first iPhone from this lineup, is there any danger to buying the phone unlocked outright from the Apple Store and hauling it over to T-Mobile to get a SIM, transfer my number, etc from my current Google Fi service?

To put it more simply, I suppose I'm asking, does T-Mobile not like unlocked phones as far as carriers? I'm trying to just have more control over software installation and I kinda hate buying directly from carriers because of the carrier software that I typically find installed on them. I'll obviously get the carrier's core app if it features billing and plan usage info, but I'm not really interested in having my phone packed to the brim with a ton of peripheral apps.
I don't think they sell them without a carrier on day 1 but you could otherwise do this. You don't need worry about the software though as it comes direct from Apple, not through the carriers like android

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Why is everyone using loans?

I'll be paying cash

It's a lease, which is a loan, yes, but there are some pretty significant differences.

I used to buy my iPhones straight-out with cash. But since I was reselling and buying new each and every year, the process became a bit of a nuisance. By doing the lease I maybe lose out on a $100 or $150 each 12 months, but I don't have any stress or risk doing the re-sale process, I have no worries about warranty work or cancelling AC+ half way through and waiting for a prorated refund, and the ordering process itself is easier. And it's 0% the entire time with no hard pull after the first one, so who cares? I have the cash, but the iUP is easy.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Still can't get my pre-approval; my phone says it's not part of iUP. Apple support told me this was a known issue which should clear up in a half-hour and that they'd call me back when it was fixed. That was over 12 hours ago. I don't know what to do. I've been in the program for years and have done nothing to this phone.

Maven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Earth
It's a lease, which is a loan, yes, but there are some pretty significant differences.

I used to buy my iPhones straight-out with cash. But since I was reselling and buying new each and every year, the process became a bit of a nuisance. By doing the lease I maybe lose out on a $100 or $150 each 12 months, but I don't have any stress or risk doing the re-sale process, I have no worries about warranty work or cancelling AC+ half way through and waiting for a prorated refund, and the ordering process itself is easier. And it's 0% the entire time with no hard pull after the first one, so who cares? I have the cash, but the iUP is easy.

That's a good point. I hardly ever upgrade yearly, but I'm taking some trips and want the updated camera

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
What cases have you guys ordered? I got the usual Apple Leather Case in Saddle Brown but I think I want a clear or bumper case option too because the Silver model looks so nice to me this time around.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
I can't decide if I want to upgrade from the X to the 11. I want to wait for the 2020 phones, but I don't want to risk breaking my phone with no AppleCare+

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What cases have you guys ordered? I got the usual Apple Leather Case in Saddle Brown but I think I want a clear or bumper case option too because the Silver model looks so nice to me this time around.

None so far, either gonna to caseless of the back texture really is grippy, or the Apple clear case.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I chose the green 11 max pro for preapproval but my clear case came in today and I really like the way my silver xs max looks in it so now I'm torn

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got pre-approved for my upgrade, but I haven't done this on the first day in years. If I can't get up by 5am, how long are these phones available for release day delivery? I'm getting the iPhone pro space grey 64gb if that helps.

I sleep through alarms easily at that time, sucks that they moved from midnight. Get more sleep my ass. :(

James3D

Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten the saddle brown for a few gens now too, but I went with the yellow leather one this time.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I got pre-approved for my upgrade, but I haven't done this on the first day in years. If I can't get up by 5am, how long are these phones available for release day delivery? I'm getting the iPhone pro space grey 64gb if that helps.

I sleep through alarms easily at that time, sucks that they moved from midnight. Get more sleep my ass. :(
Day one delivery usually lasts the first several minutes of ordering but it starts slipping pretty quick into october