• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't Apple acknowledge this the other day? That, or I saw a news article talking about how the 'I' turns into something else. I don't know if there is a fix for it.

Edit: Beaten.

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is fixed in iOS 11.1 which was released today and this is not a sudden issue it's a week old issue

cwmartin

Oct 27, 2017
I do find the idea of your phones concious actually refusing to let you type a letter very funny. Like it's trying to get your attention, or remind you who's really in charge here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There is no more "I", you have bonded so close to your phone that it is now "We". Enjoy your new shared consciousness

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
According to Gruber/Daring Fireball, this is apparently a machine learning mistake that has to do with the way Unicode encodes emoji as strings of characters. It "learned" an association it shouldn't.

It's fixed in 11.1.1, already out.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I never even saw this bug because I went right to 11.2 PB as soon as 11.1 came out and somehow it never seemed to surface for me (That I encountered) during the 11.1 PB.