• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
TI92

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap how well do manufacturers have us, as consumers, trained that we're now used to spending hundreds of dollars every year or two on a device that may explode in our pocket and we're just supposed to be cool with it?
I've never had a phone explode but maybe that's just me... I think my blackberry priv was going to explode but it was such an awful phone it never had a chance to

OP
OP
TI92

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obsolete users? Burn 'em
latest

Tim Cook when sales of XR and XS series are down compared to X models

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
The last couple of times this was in the "news" it turnde out to be either manufactured or user error. Some dude on twitter does not a scandal make.

Good thing I'm talking about the idea of accepting that a phone battery blowing up is normal or an expectation, not people screwing with their phones and trying to cast blame on the manufacturer/brand.

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
damn Apple claims 2 victims, first this phone and now the self-imploding OP

i always get sweaty with these kinds of things, i've had a 6 get extremely fucking hot in the snow of all places. i thought shit was seriously about to go down. lasted 4 years though. so far on the Xs, no supernova situations. but you never know. don't wanna know what would happen if it boomed in my jeans pocket but i guess you would feel it. in a jacket though where it isn't right against your skin, now that would be nasty.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
There are tens of millions of iOS-devices on 12.1 already, if this was related to software you would have more than a single case.

It's way more likely that they were using bad chargers that somehow messed up the voltage-load and degraded the battery to the point where it failed.

Muu

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They're miniature PCs so I'm sure stuff like this can happen on occasion. Not a huge deal as an isolated incident as long as they don't become prevalent enough to be banned off flights.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
RIP OP for 2 weeks. Someone step up to the plate and expose Apple until TI92 returns