• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys very random I know, just wondering if anyone here may know about this.

I have a 160gb ipod which has around 100gb of music stored on it that I lost. It was all from soulseek etc and that PC one day died and I lost it all forever apart from the lucky fact I had transferred it all to the ipod.

My question is, is there any way of filling up the other 60gb using itunes? Or is it gonna wipe everything that isnt stored on my PC when I sync it?

I literally havent used itunes in 5 years so not sure if its advanced any.

Any help would be great, thanks.

MorningDew

Oct 27, 2017
If I remember correctly, ITunes will wipe out the ipod if you sync to it and you don't have the music stored on your computer. I suggest finding a program to extract the music off the ipod. Or do what I do which is to forget mp3 and just pay for a Spotify streaming sub.

Oct 28, 2017
The iPod will be totally wiped, if the music isn't in iTunes when you sync it then it will be removed.

As it was mentioned above there are tools to help extract the music from the iPod but I don't have any experience using thethem I'm afraid.

If you are really desperate you can still explore the files that are kept on the iPod, including all the music files, in windows explorer but iTunes encodes them in to different folders and file names, different from the album/artist names , etc. so it's a nightmare to navigate.