• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hi there, just wanted to give this a bit more publicity, Jimmy Broadbent, YouTuber and Gran Turismo commentator is currently hosting/taking part in a 24 hour race on IRacing with all proceeds going to Mind- The Mental Health Charity.

You can view his stream here:

And access the just giving page here:

Just going to copy and paste his story:

Hey guys, charity boi here...

To mark reaching 300k subscribers on YouTube, I've decided to hold a charity race supporting Mind.

As a lot of you know, I've suffered with my mental health a fair bit over the last few years and it's something that has had a considerable impact on my life aswell as my family.

When I was 13 years old, my father took his own life after a long fight with depression and alcoholism . I never really received counselling or therapy at the time, and it's something that has had a lasting impact on the way I see the world. I've always wanted to have the chance to do something like this, but now feels like the right time. This race is dedicated to him.

I know that i'm not alone in this struggle, so I wanted to use my channel for good and try and raise some money for a worthy cause.

I hope this thread looks ok, just doing it on my phone but yeah, come and watch and help raise some money for a fantastic cause.

OP
OP
JamboGT

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's been a pretty tough week for games so it's good to see some, well, good being done!

OP
OP
JamboGT

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Race has only just started and just passed £8000!

OP
OP
JamboGT

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oops, red flag, time for a restart!

More time for charity!

Should get going again soon...

Last edited:
OP
OP
JamboGT

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the double post but just hit £10000 in donations!

OP
OP
JamboGT

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I remember watching him playing GT1 back when he had 20k subscribers or so!

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Man, Jimmy's 10k-donation-goal mustache xD

if they ever make another live action Mario movie and need a Luigi, they know who to call.

Does anyone know what other sim-"celebrities" are taking part?

OP
OP
JamboGT

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
And just hit the 30 thousand mark!

Amazing job by all the racers and the community.