• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Iranian president Hassan Rouhani has said the White House is "afflicted by mental retardation" after the Trump administration imposed sanctions on the country's supreme leader.

In a live televised address, Mr Rouhani branded the sanctions against Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and other senior officials, including Iran's foreign minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, as "outrageous and idiotic".

An exasperated Mr Rouhani said: "You sanction the foreign minister simultaneously with a request for talks?"

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
I can hear trump from the uk lmao

Also respect for not saying the R word.

Maybe respect is a bit strong...

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Nope.

That's insulting to those who have actual disabilities.

Trump's White House is racist and really wants to go to war. "Mental retardation" has nothing to do with it.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think he's trained to make that diagnosis.

on the other hand, lol

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Can't really approve of the use of that word. We've been trying to reduce it's use as a pejorative, and calling Trump and co that isn't going to help that really.

Don't disagree with the sentiment however!

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
Nope.

That's insulting to those who have actual disabilities.

Trump's White House is racist and really wants to go to war. "Mental retardation" has nothing to do with it.
Seriously? Trump is a slobbering brain dead idiot. Shout out to all those with disabilities deeply offended by a speech in Arabic Farsi!

Last edited:

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I know he's an idiot but let's not make excuses for evil white people. He does not have any learning disabilities, he's just an evil fucking idiot.

plusaflag

User requested ban
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Finally someone with an official position has the balls to speak frankly about this issue.
Europe, my land, you failed your ideals by not outing that idiot.

Masseyme

Banned
May 23, 2019
More importantly he said the sanctions are a permanent closure to diplomatic channels between Iran and the US. We are inching to war.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Iran just doesn't understand the four dimensional chess Trump is playing, he is the best negotiator!

Obvious /s

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What was used instead?

Native speaker on reddit clarified -

That's not exactly the way he said it. ناتوانی ذهنی and معلولیت ذهنی are the words he uses which more or less translate to intellectual (or mental) incapacity (or disability). Sure, it means the same thing, but he didn't use that kind of language. عقب‌ماندگی This is the word that means retardation in Farsi. It's the same in Iran as it is here as far as the politeness (and PCness) of these specific words goes. .btw I'm a native speaker

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I look forward to someone here on Resetera tone-policing the Iranian president.

Also, yeah. No lies detected.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They shot down a $150 million drone. What do they expect?

That said, should have never pulled out of the Iran deal.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
They shot down a $150 million drone. What do they expect?
Pretty much this. Trump IS a fucking idiot, but given the actions of Iran over the last couple of weeks, I'm not sure what they expected. And they were already refusing any dialogue before these sanctions.