• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

skrskg

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
So this is a thing.

The Iranian streaming site Melovaz has removed the female artists from the official album covers.

So, here's a couple of examples of before and after.

Can you spot the difference?

ldr.jpg
lg.jpg

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they wouldn't just put a giant black bar over them. That's more excessive than what they'd do in almost any other country.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
If an activist did the same as some artsy shit to shame iran's backward view on women that would be exactly like that.
it's amazing.

Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
God forbid if anyone has any sexual feelings at the sight of uncovered women! Allah would not approve!

Though it's funny that they will allow artists like Lady Gaga that sing about haram things to sell their music but they draw the line at anything showing her face.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
women-removed-album-covers-music-streaming-iran-10-5da42877b9fd7__700.jpg

Mr. Cooper, I don't feel so good.

DirtyManos

Oct 25, 2017
They better change the vocals too. CANT BE TOO CAREFUL when it deals with such EVIL. I expect to see all female vocals be changed to a hoarse, gruff voice. Preferably one in the vein of a chain smoker. Or everything in Randy Newman's voice.

Can't be too careful with this sort of corruption.

Oct 27, 2017
I did a report on ISIS propaganda when I was in college several years back and it's amazing how much better their editing skills are than the Iranian government.

Oct 27, 2017
And yet they both have so much in common. They are terrified of woman. It's just insane.
There's an evil and brutality to the ISIS stuff that hits hard, and this just seems to petulant and childish and immature it comes off as goofy, not terrifying, but absolutely they both represent the same underlying awfulness and insanity.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd fucking die if they removed all their voices, too.

I'd double die if it was a song with a male and female singer so now it was just the guy singing.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Time for a band of dudes to do a cover shirtless and then photoshop women's nipples over there own. Don't say anything about it for a decade and then say "Oh BTW Iran..."

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Man I bet whoever did the Lady Gaga shop is pissed the other shop was done so poorly and still got through.