• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Asking Tyrone to stop Dublin getting four in a row is like asking the tide to not come in at night. As much as I hate stomaching the thought of it, Dublin will surely win, and probably the next few years as well while they're at it.

Tyrone gave Dublin a decent game earlier in the championship. Wouldn't be surprised if they pull it out the bag. Hope they do cuz Dubliners are the fucking worst to be around when they've won

gir

Oct 25, 2017
Dont even watch the football, but for the sake of my office conversations, i hope tyrone smash them

Oct 26, 2017
Tyrone gave Dublin a decent game earlier in the championship. Wouldn't be surprised if they pull it out the bag. Hope they do cuz Dubliners are the fucking worst to be around when they've won

The problem though is that I seriously doubt Dublin was at full throttle in that match and in all seriousness, Tyrone only won yesterday by one point against Monaghan, while Dublin won their semi final comfortably without having to switch into high gear. If anything, Dublin are going to either a) take it easy in the final and win by a few points, or b) empty the bench in the last ten minutes, and steam roll Tyrone into the ground. I just don't see after everything I've seen this season how Tyrone could possibly win without Dublin having a catastrophic failure on the day.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem though is that I seriously doubt Dublin was at full throttle in that match and in all seriousness, Tyrone only won yesterday by one point against Monaghan, while Dublin won their semi final comfortably without having to switch into high gear. If anything, Dublin are going to either a) take it easy in the final and win by a few points, or b) empty the bench in the last ten minutes, and steam roll Tyrone into the ground. I just don't see after everything I've seen this season how Tyrone could possibly win without Dublin having a catastrophic failure on the day.

Tyrone were pretty dire yesterday alright but harte has 3 weeks to sort them out and I doubt they'll show up as sluggish as they did yesterday

But yeah you're also right about Dublin. They really haven't been at full throttle yet

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If anyone thinks Tyrone have a chance they'd know their football, honestly.

Attendances even in these big AISFs are falling now. Neutrals are totally being turned away by the money doping the GAA have put into the capital in a vain attempt to compete with rugby and soccer. Once Dublin got their act together the insane level of grant money over the last 15 years has ensured complete dominance of the sport.

Realistically a spending cap on IC teams and a centralised IC training fund are needed to bring even the tiniest bit of fairness to a sport where a county with 1,350,000 people is treated as the equal of ones like Roscommon and Monaghan with barely over 60,000 souls. We're sponsored by a single builder who does it because he loves his birth county whereas Dublin are sponsored by AIG because of the marketing potential they offer..

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
If anyone thinks Tyrone have a chance they'd know their football, honestly.

Attendances even in these big AISFs are falling now. Neutrals are totally being turned away by the money doping the GAA have put into the capital in a vain attempt to compete with rugby and soccer. Once Dublin got their act together the insane level of grant money over the last 15 years has ensured complete dominance of the sport.

Realistically a spending cap on IC teams and a centralised IC training fund are needed to bring even the tiniest bit of fairness to a sport where a county with 1,350,000 people is treated as the equal of ones like Roscommon and Monaghan with barely over 60,000 souls. We're sponsored by a single builder who does it because he loves his birth county whereas Dublin are sponsored by AIG because of the marketing potential they offer..

You think it's bad now, I fear the day the Dubs get to properly organise fundraising in addition to the sponsorship money. I'd stop watching the moment they marry their sponsorship efforts along with the fundraising abilities of a Tyrone or Kerry. Then it's game over man... game over.

Regarding the financial doping I don't blame Dublin. If another county was in the same position and refused to take the GAA cash and advantages I'd call them a liar.

The funny part is the money pumped in is going to get a disproportionate smaller amount of extra GAA members as soccer is king and rugby strongholds were never to allow caid to expand. This diverting of funds means that rugby is allowed to grow outside the capital so they are trying to win the capital and will lose the disenfranchised beyond the pale.

Another side note, it was great to see Jack McCaffrey playing super ball after the agony he suffered last September. Dublin will stroll to another deserved title.

gir

Oct 25, 2017
You think it's bad now, I fear the day the Dubs get to properly organise fundraising in addition to the sponsorship money. I'd stop watching the moment they marry their sponsorship efforts along with the fundraising abilities of a Tyrone or Kerry. Then it's game over man... game over.

Regarding the financial doping I don't blame Dublin. If another county was in the same position and refused to take the GAA cash and advantages I'd call them a liar.

The funny part is the money pumped in is going to get a disproportionate smaller amount of extra GAA members as soccer is king and rugby strongholds were never to allow caid to expand. This diverting of funds means that rugby is allowed to grow outside the capital so they are trying to win the capital and will lose the disenfranchised beyond the pale.

Another side note, it was great to see Jack McCaffrey playing super ball after the agony he suffered last September. Dublin will stroll to another deserved title.
If I have to watch GAA, I watch the hurling, much more competitive and interesting IMO, several teams could win it.

Anybody else excited about the pro14 this year? Leinster vs Munster will be a much more competitive match this season

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Neighbour is way too much into the match.

The pair of them are in it. You would think there was domestic violence happening with all the shouting they are doing. They must be supporting Limerick.

Their shouting is keeping me entertained which I am studying.

Deleted member 22476

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some match.

Football is a better watch when played well but the imbalance fuelled mainly by Dublin has meant most teams below them play Ulsterball nonsense built around not losing matches rather than trying to win them.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know which is the best way to get to Stillorgan park and ride from the City Centre?

I have an exam out there and I am not sure of the quickest route.

I would get the No 11 bus from Abbey street or I can take the Luas extension from Trinity college all the way out there. It will be 7.30 in the morning so I don't know how rush hour traffic will be like.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Luas would probably be your safe bet. 730 should be ok. It's at 8 when the luas really gets packed.

Oh and Mary McAleese is a boss.

Oct 26, 2017
So anyone here gonna throw there name into the presidential race? Everyone else is...
No as I'm under 35. Raging. I was going to stand making outlandish lies about what I'd do if I was President. I want a moderator to say 'will you fuck?' everytime a blatent lie about the position is said in a debate. It's a pity no one applying knows what powers (whatever limited) the President has. We truly live in a pathetic nation at times. We almost voted a lad in last time because he was on an Irish version of Dragon's Den. Imagine voting someone as President because they were on a reality tv show. Jesus wept.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No as I'm under 35. Raging. I was going to stand making outlandish lies about what I'd do if I was President. I want a moderator to say 'will you fuck?' everytime a blatent lie about the position is said in a debate. It's a pity no one applying knows what powers (whatever limited) the President has. We truly live in a pathetic nation at times. We almost voted a lad in last time because he was on an Irish version of Dragon's Den. Imagine voting someone as President because they were on a reality tv show. Jesus wept.

Our president can't do Jack shit really. Farce of a job with an alright salary to go along with it

Deleted member 22476

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

We're doing pretty alright as a nation when you look at the state of our two nearest cultural neigbours..

Oct 26, 2017
We're doing pretty alright as a nation when you look at the state of our two nearest cultural neigbours..

Yeah but Gallagher almost became President last time. I drove 4 hours to vote for Mickie D. Now we appear to have half the cast of RTÉ' s next celebrity tv format already putting their name in for this. No relevant experience and especially no knowledge of the role they are going for. I have no issue with an election but surely we have better candidates than this.

We had a good run of Presidents in fairness. Your lad An Craoibhín Aoibhinn was a good start so it depresses me we have this rogues gallery.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but Gallagher almost became President last time. I drove 4 hours to vote for Mickie D. Now we appear to have half the cast of RTÉ' s next celebrity tv format already putting their name in for this. No relevant experience and especially no knowledge of the role they are going for. I have no issue with an election but surely we have better candidates than this.

We had a good run of Presidents in fairness. Your lad An Craoibhín Aoibhinn was a good start so it depresses me we have this rogues gallery.

Nobody realistic wants it because it's basically a 7 year restriction on your life doing fuck all

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was just wondering if the looming Northern Ireland border mess could use a little more shit sprinkled on top.

This orange gas cloud is gonna offer help to put back up the watch towers.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Krispy Kreme is opening in Blanchardtown and they were giving out 12 glazed donuts to each person at Grand Canal Dock train station.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No Luas today was a shit show.

Only option home was a shuttle bus our business estate does for all the companies and getting onto that was like being caught in a mosh pit.

Oh and Metallica for Slane seems like a totally logical thing I am surprised hasnt already happened. When names where being tossed around a few weeks rumor from a few weeks ago was Judas Priest and Ghost where going to be the opening acts would make for a fun cheesy show.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get me some Metallica tickets.

Fun times ahead. Just gotta convince the wife to go ha