• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gir

Oct 25, 2017
Would anyone know if charity shops would accept gaming merchandise?

I have a lot of clutter with Sci-fi, fantasy, gaming and superhero stuff which are still boxed.

I could sell the lot but it would be too time consuming to post them online and I don't want to just bin them but hopefully make someone's Christmas that little bit better.

I have a few pop figures I don't like which are taking up too much space as well.
Some take board games and toys, i think svp do

Subnats

One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Ireland
So I was walking around Cork City a few days ago and saw a load of graffiti about "banning the pan". Anyone have any clue what that's on about?

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
47009757_10217976287537644_2483311861043298304_n.jpg

47057868_10217976287817651_7383594380109545472_n.jpg

46889851_10217976288097658_7674331294880235520_n.jpg

So I was walking around Cork City a few days ago and saw a load of graffiti about "banning the pan". Anyone have any clue what that's on about?

A great dislike of the Pat's Pan line of Pat the Baker?

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
Yep 9:35! And nobody I know is going to watch it D: there better be some running commentary here (or is there usually a thread made for it?)
I made one last year, but not too many joined us, so I thought it would be best to take the thread here. Besides, anytime I try to get the Yanks to join in on the fun and to check the madness, I get nothing out of them.

dee_activate

Oct 25, 2017
world
Irishera help me. I'm having a massive brain fart. Rte2/Network2 used to have a show late on Thurs or Wed night over 14 (i think) years ago, hosted by a comedian that covered oddities or something. Basically all the weird stuff that was filmed in Ireland like that terrible film Shrooms. It's where I learnt about a south Korean drama called Ireland, that was about a girl from s.korea adopted by an Irish family that had some ties/history with the IRA and they named her Ireland. What was the name of this RTE show? And who was the comedian?

Last edited:

Steak

Oct 27, 2017
Irishera help me. I'm having a massive brain fart. Rte2/Network2 used to have a show late on Thurs or Wed night over 14 (i think) years ago, hosted by a comedian that covered oddities or something. Basically all the weird stuff that was filmed in Ireland like that terrible film Shrooms. It's where I learnt about a south Korean drama called Ireland, that was about a girl from s.korea adopted by an Irish family that had some ties/history with the IRA and they named her Ireland. What was the name of this RTE show? And who was the comedian?

Was it The Blizzard of Odd with Colin Murphy? First thing that came to mind for me and wikipedia puts it at running from 2001-2005 which puts it in your timeframe, though as a tuesday airer.

dee_activate

Oct 25, 2017
world
Was it The Blizzard of Odd with Colin Murphy? First thing that came to mind for me and wikipedia puts it at running from 2001-2005 which puts it in your timeframe, though as a tuesday airer.

BLIZZARD OF ODD!!!! thank you! yes it is. lol was trying to remember for ages but kept searching 'oddities'. great now i need to find that korean drama ep. Thanks again Steak

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I completely forgot the Toy Show was happening. Do I had in my Irish card now?

On another note the scumbags next door decided to hang flashing bright as fuck LED xmas on their gaf AND our roof too right outside my bedroom window and its like someone has a strobe light pointed at my house.

(n the spirit of Christmas I have already told them to take them off or ill take a pair of cutters to it)

And I dont use the phrase scumbags lightly.

My place has been accidentally raided by the garda twice because they where meant to go next door. Their dad was once done in for robbing artificial grass from a golf course up the road to use in his "landscaping business". They once accidentally set fire to their entire back garden somehow too.

A heck of a bunch.

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
I completely forgot the Toy Show was happening. Do I had in my Irish card now?

On another note the scumbags next door decided to hang flashing bright as fuck LED xmas on their gaf AND our roof too right outside my bedroom window and its like someone has a strobe light pointed at my house.

(n the spirit of Christmas I have already told them to take them off or ill take a pair of cutters to it)

And I dont use the phrase scumbags lightly.

My place has been accidentally raided by the garda twice because they where meant to go next door. Their dad was once done in for robbing artificial grass from a golf course up the road to use in his "landscaping business". They once accidentally set fire to their entire back garden somehow too.

A heck of a bunch.
Is it like this every time you leave the house?

When-Kramer-Gets-Blinded-Light.gif

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Just back from an Ash gig. All those 90's memories coming flooding back. They put on one hell of a show, lads. They're paying in Dublin at The Academy tomorrow night as well. Well worth seeing live if you can!

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Been playing Red Dead 2 over the Christmas holidays and just got to the part where the Irish character (who has the thickest inner city Dub accent ever) mentions he's from Donegal. lol

I go online and then find out he's voiced by an actor from Cork! Must be an in-joke or something surely?

Great to hear an actual Irish person do a main character's voice in a big game like this, though. It's usually some yank doing a bad impression.

gir

Oct 25, 2017
anybody else worried that winter has been too mild, think we're getting a three week snow storm in April :(

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
It was like a mini-Christmas last year with that storm. It was good fun, getting 3 days off work. The only downside is that we went about 13 hours without electricity at one point. The house was bloody cold by the time it came back.

Subnats

One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Ireland
I'd love another storm like that. Was stuck in bed sick for the whole thing last year so I'm craving a bit of snow. The time off school wouldn't be half bad either.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last years snow was pretty much ideal.

3 days off work. It all came and went within a week. Im ok with that.

2010 (?) was the worst. We got some snow in early December and it was cold as fuck for weeks so Dublin was covered in a few inches of compacted snow and ice for weeks.

gir

Oct 25, 2017
Taytos? Fuck that noise, King man here

Edit: also as somebody who never leaves dublin, never use the word culchie, so the spelling of it is as foreign to me as you culchies :D

Last edited: