• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
n3Mpb8r.jpg

Critics Consensus: Better action scenes and tighter pacing elevate Iron Fist's second season, but it remains a lesser light among MCU shows.

Despite its struggles to be interesting, there's a workmanlike quality to the series' second outing that's admirable, if not entirely successful.

-Kevin Yeoman, Screenrant

After watching the first six episodes, I'll admit, Iron Fist season two left me hungry for more.
-Charles Moss, Polygon

Season 2, with its 10 episodes, is faster paced, and its revenge plot more straightforward, leaving room for character development - even if that character isn't Danny Rand.
-Kevin Melrose, CBR

It's much better paced and way easier to watch. But coming back from what was a truly lack-luster first season... was going to take a complete overhaul of the series and it's hard to say if that was ever going to be possible.
-Merill Barr, Forbes

Iron Fist's sophomore season isn't able to right the many wrongs from its first. Don't waste your time on this one.
-Shaan Joshi, We Got This Covered
RrMaQYH.png

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Luke Cage S2 just barely kept me hanging onto Netflix-Marvel, so I'll give this one a few episodes.

I'd really rather just have a Colleen/Misty Knight show, though.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The last trailer I saw was such a turn off. I'll still give it a try since I'm paying for Netflix anyway, but I'm not very hopeful.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
None of the reviews mention Typhoid Mary having any powers, so I assume S2 will continue the Netflix Marvel shows' weird aversion to depicting any sort of physical superpowers beyond variations on "can punch things really hard."

I might watch the first episode, I dunno, but all signs still point to the series going much too far in the grounded direction for my taste, if not quite as far as S1.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
I will watch this to see if any improvements actually occured, but also because it will help distract me while I wait for American Vandal S2 and The Dragon Prince to be released the following week.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
I know it only has 10 reviews so far on Rotten Tomatoes but Iron Fist season 2 right now has a 60% with a stunning 3.2/10 average score lol.

Right now this Season has a lower average score than season 1 which had a 4.2/10

Last edited:

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait is this the first Marvel Netflix show with only 10 episodes? I guess they FINALLY learned from the near-universal pacing complaints of the last three years.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to this season after how amicable he was in LC season 2.

Kool Kid

Apr 10, 2018
Wait is this the first Marvel Netflix show with only 10 episodes? I guess they FINALLY learned from the near-universal pacing complaints of the last three years.

After a shitty first season, it seems that Iron Fist was forced to have 10 eps this season like a punishment.

"we will produce a staggering 135 episodes by the end of the year, well beyond our initial commitment."
https://deadline.com/2017/07/the-de...ductions-tax-credits-largest-ever-1202139332/

By end of 2018, there are 135 episodes.

DD S01 - 13
JJ S01 - 13
LC S01 - 13
DD S02 - 13
IF S01 - 13
Defenders - 8
Punisher S01 - 13
JJ S02 - 13
LC S02 - 13
IF S02 - 10
DD S03 - 13

Total by end of 2018 - 135

These shows will always be 13 eps unless something goes wrong.

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will watch. Hoping it improves in quality just like Luke Cage S2 was an improvement over its first season.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I mean, anything had to be better than season 1. I want to see just how much they're able to bounce back from that, to see if a 3rd season can completely right the ship or to find out it's a lost cause.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably gonna be too busy playing Spiderman than to watch this...
Thank god it's only 10 episodes.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The AV Club praises the Colleen/Misty friendship, the improved fight choreography, but conclude that "Iron Fist is still the least interesting part about Iron Fist".

They gave season 2 a 'C'.

There are spoilers about the villains in this season.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just gonna watch it for Colleen (again) and Misty at this point

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Luke Cage S2 just barely kept me hanging onto Netflix-Marvel, so I'll give this one a few episodes.

I'd really rather just have a Colleen/Misty Knight show, though.

Same

the only hook I've had on these shows is the underlying knowledge that they are in fact, Marvel related. While I enjoyed Luke S2, pretty meh on this whole thing in general. Did Cloak and Dagger ever amount to anything interesting? Think I might try that and if does not do it for me im out.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
After a shitty first season, it seems that Iron Fist was forced to have 10 eps this season like a punishment.

"we will produce a staggering 135 episodes by the end of the year, well beyond our initial commitment."
https://deadline.com/2017/07/the-de...ductions-tax-credits-largest-ever-1202139332/

By end of 2018, there are 135 episodes.

DD S01 - 13
JJ S01 - 13
LC S01 - 13
DD S02 - 13
IF S01 - 13
Defenders - 8
Punisher S01 - 13
JJ S02 - 13
LC S02 - 13
IF S02 - 10
DD S03 - 13

Total by end of 2018 - 135

These shows will always be 13 eps unless something goes wrong.

Daredevil Season 3 is this year? Didn't realize every Defender was getting a season this year. Does that mean we can expect another season of Defenders next year?

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
What are they even basing that number on when most of these sites aren't actually giving a score?
I'm actually not sure, I think the people who reviewed and submitted the score decide. I know when it comes to movies they can give a movie a rotten score even tho in the actual review they give it a C or a 6.

Iron Fist season 2 went up a little and is now 62% with a 4.85/10 average.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel's Netflix stuff has been really hit or miss for me. I liked Jessica Jones, DD, and Punisher but Luke Cage was mostly disappointing, Defenders was just bad, and IF looks like it will keep being the worst.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Marvel's Netflix stuff has been really hit or miss for me. I liked Jessica Jones, DD, and Punisher but Luke Cage was mostly disappointing, Defenders was just bad, and IF looks like it will keep being the worst.
Problem may also be the actors. I find both Mike Colter and Finn Jones really lacking compared to the others. Supporting cast is what makes up for it...