• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tracygill

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Left
Yeah, sites like reddit, facebook, and twitter harbor that shit too. People actually use their names on those sites. You ready to start going after those sites, too?

Like...pretending it's a '4chan only' problem is shortsighted.

And the thing is, 4chan.org is a top 100 site in the US, top 200 worldwide. Millions of people go to it. It's impossible to moderate how you want it to be moderated. It has 20x the amount of boards resetera has, and the majority of those move extremely fast. /pol/ being deleted would be a plague on the rest of 4chan, and eventually on boards like reddit and facebook, and it would literally make them worse.

A containment board is useful. In this case, it's necessary.
Facebook and Twitter has hired hundreds of moderators in order to moderate content and comply with the law in Germany.

"And, man, what a Netzwerk reform do those durchsetzungsgesetz—enforcement laws—represent. In January, the Enforcement on Social Networks Act, simplified to NetzDG, starting compelling Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube to remove hate speech, fake news, and illegal material within 24 hours or face fines of up to $60 million. So. Draconian."
https://www.wired.com/story/germany-twitter-social-media-trolling/

Facebook and Twitter are still garbage companies but they are being forced to follow the law and remove illegal content. Unfortunately I don't think the same law applies to smaller sites with less than 2 million german members.

Last edited:

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean y'all can argue that the place full of "ironic" bigotry shouldn't be moderated but it's fucking wild to assert that it's somehow a net good.

Raein

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Or maybe we just don't like a huge group of nazi pedos hanging around.

Just a thought.

I laugh at all these people going BUT OTHER BOARDS THO...it's the same website. Most of the community overlaps going all the way back when they were an obscure little dirty secret in 2003/2004.

Fuck these people, and I've known so many people growing up in high school who idolized these fuckers.

They've been a blackhole for the worst shit since forever.

I don't like them either. I got banned for a week from this place of all places the last time I shared my thoughts on Trump supporters. I just think that if they pose an actual threat, authorities should be involved. No amount of moderation by people on a forum is going to stop a group that's actually out to commit terrorist acts; the police/FBI/whoever need to be doing that. Most of the people on /pol/, t_d, etc. are just neckbeards posting deus vult and pepe memes, jacking off about the idea of some sort of glorious conflict they can be part of where their meaningless, pathetic lives are dedicated to some sort of a higher cause.

Also keep in mind that reddit's warrant canary died a while ago. Many have speculated that places like t_d are under active surveillance and investigation. Moderating the idiots could in some cases prevent the proper authorities from building the cases necessary to arrest them. Similar thing could be possible for places like /pol/

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do show. Show that all the boards overlap, and that all 4chan communities overlap. The burden of evidence is on you. Show me that 4chan is in fact the hivemind you claim it to be, that all people equally use all the boards on there, and that they are all in fact /pol/.
What is the average poster's word choice for describing a black person?

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Facebook and Twitter has hired hundreds of moderators in order to moderate content and comply with the law in Germany.

"And, man, what a Netzwerk reform do those durchsetzungsgesetz—enforcement laws—represent. In January, the Enforcement on Social Networks Act, simplified to NetzDG, starting compelling Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube to remove hate speech, fake news, and illegal material within 24 hours or face fines of up to $60 million. So. Draconian."
https://www.wired.com/story/germany-twitter-social-media-trolling/

and yet
Facebook, twitter, and youtube still host hate speech and fake news. So effective! For example, Infowars is still on youtube, twitter, and facebook, funny how that works(And they are guilty of atleast 2 of the 3 you listed)

Man, please.

You are embarrassing yourself.

Stop.

Keep talking shit, then. If you can't prove it, then exit the conversation and stop generalizing.

What is the average poster's word choice for describing a black person?

I dunno, what was the statistic some user said? 28 million people visit it monthly? If half of those visitors post, that's 14 million. Everyones anonymous, so I can't really say that 2 posts aren't from the same person. So tell me, how'd you get an average?

I've never denied there are vile things said on the website.

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere
I don't like them either. I got banned for a week from this place of all places the last time I shared my thoughts on Trump supporters. I just think that if they pose an actual threat, authorities should be involved. No amount of moderation by people on a forum is going to stop a group that's actually out to commit terrorist acts; the police/FBI/whoever need to be doing that. Most of the people on /pol/, t_d, etc. are just neckbeards posting deus vult and pepe memes, jacking off about the idea of some sort of glorious conflict they can be part of where their meaningless, pathetic lives are dedicated to some sort of a higher cause.

Also keep in mind that reddit's warrant canary died a while ago. Many have speculated that places like t_d are under active surveillance and investigation. Moderating the idiots could in some cases prevent the proper authorities from building the cases necessary to arrest them. Similar thing could be possible for places like /pol/

Okay and what were those thoughts.

Very Curious.

Also earlier in this thread

4chan is more than /pol/. Many people here and on other liberal sites seem to have this delusion that if you just ban all the bad meanies from one place on the internet, that they'll just stop existing or congregating. I assume that logic stems from the love of overzealous moderation and a desire for censorship of thought.

This is like, point for point ad nauseum the crap that 4chan spews, neonazis/altright spew, and the NRA spew to protect their bullshit.

Listen man, This shit is ridiculous, these places are festering boils ruining society, they have no positive benefit and I say that as someone who witnessed the birth of social media.

Everything you say is absurd.

By not moderating the fascists, we give them power.

By not fighting them we give them power.

and yet
Facebook, twitter, and youtube still host hate speech and fake news. So effective! For example, Infowars is still on youtube, twitter, and facebook, funny how that works(And they are guilty of atleast 2 of the 3 you listed)

Keep talking shit, then. If you can't prove it, then exit the conversation and stop generalizing.

I dunno, what was the statistic some user said? 28 million people visit it monthly? If half of those visitors post, that's 14 million. Everyones anonymous, so I can't really say that 2 posts aren't from the same person. So tell me, how'd you get an average?

I'm talking shit? Dude there are years of empirical evidence for this shit. LMAO. I don't have to pull receipts when the bar you are setting is so fucking low. They borderline influenced the election here in America, and fuel general bullshit on the internet that effects people in real life deeply, but keep caping for a bunch of "ironic" pedophilia loving fascist script kiddies.

He's setting the bar so high

For a place that actively lowers the bar

Speaking of which, high five. We think alike.

ham bone

Alt account
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
That image is 100% right. You make a super weak argument against it.

It is not. Nobody is asking for "unlimited tolerance." It's simple pop-art that does a disservice to a real world speaker protesting fascism. Karl Popper knew that labeling all people who disagree with you as "nazis" was the path to failure.

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere
There is value in the idea of the kind of boards 4chan has. What with very open discussion.
But there is also the risk of that breeding what we see in /pol/ and such, which absolutely has to go.

Open discussion... like giving fascists soapboxes?

Maybe the solution is as simple as not giving them the benefit of the doubt or soapboxes to spew garbage from.

I think Popper agrees.

It is not. Nobody is asking for "unlimited tolerance." It's simple pop-art that does a disservice to a real world speaker protesting fascism. Karl Popper knew that labeling all people who disagree with you as "nazis" was the path to failure.
And this is a very common interpretation held by fascists and anti-intellectuals. You are completely incorrect.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone feels victimized at the idea of 4chan being shutdown, amazing.
Some people feel victimized that there is a place on the internet with full anonymity and varying degrees of moderation they're not used to. Funny how that works.

*I'm talking shit? Dude there are years of empirical evidence for this shit. LMAO. I don't have to pull receipts when the bar you are setting is so fucking low. **They borderline influenced the election here in America, and fuel general bullshit on the internet that effects people in real life deeply, ***but keep caping for a bunch of "ironic" pedophilia loving fascist script kiddies.

*I'm still waiting.
**Actually, facebook is the one that mostly influenced the election. After all it was Zuckerberg meeting with the senators, not moot. Reddit to an extent as well, thanks to the_donald. 4chan was more or less, a footnote in comparison.
***I don't care for those assholes. They can rot for all I care. That's why I stay off /pol/.

Tracygill

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Left
and yet
I agree they ought to hire more moderators and respond faster. Hopefully new laws and advertisers that threaten to stop buying ads will force Facebok, Youtube and Twitter to remove illegal content faster. Applying the same rules and expectations to smaller sites would also be an improvement.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Someone feels victimized at the idea of 4chan being shutdown, amazing.
Victimized is a strong word, but 4chan allows a very specific type of entertainment and discussion that other means of online communication don't. I mean NeoGaf was a bit of a cesspool toward the end, and people felt so shafted that community died that the immediate response was to make another message board to continue discussion and save communities. Obviously NeoGaf didn't harbor the same kind of hostility and hatred 4chan does now, but I think the situations are pretty comparable.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
and yet

Does Info Wars post hate speech on Facebook? Don't really want to look. It could be a case where they act all nice and dandy publicly on Facebook and get to stay there and save the shit to private messages or other channels where they are free to be shitstains of humanity. Aren't they more dumb conspiracy nuts anyways? They focus more on liburlz feeding the masses false hippie nonsense in their evil schemes to ban guns than being pretty little members of the KKK, openly racist/bigoted but not quite exceeding the line to hate speech.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Open discussion... like giving fascists soapboxes?
Maybe the solution is as simple as not giving them the benefit of the doubt or soapboxes to spew garbage from.
I think Popper agrees.

Son I literally just wrote that the kind of fascist soapbox shit an open discussion anonymous forum can breed has to go.
So there has to be moderation focused on getting rid of that, but the overall idea of the forum itself is sound and can be a good thing that is different from something like ERA. You gotta move awayfrom looking at 4chan the thing and look at the concept of such a site in general.
4chan itself has tons of things that need to be burned away with fire but that doesn't mean that a "forum set up like 4chan" can't be better and stop the cancer from even appearing in the first place

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere
Some people feel victimized that there is a place on the internet with full anonymity and varying degrees of moderation they're not used to. Funny how that works.

*I'm still waiting.
**Actually, facebook is the one that mostly influenced the election. After all it was Zuckerberg meeting with the senators, not moot. Reddit to an extent as well, thanks to the_donald. 4chan was more or less, a footnote in comparison.
***I don't care for those assholes. They can rot for all I care. That's why I stay off /pol/.

Yeah sure, I guess that's why your so incensed and feeling victimized at the prospect of this disgusting hive of villainy being shut down.

And you're again wrong, social media in general played a roll, and even abdicating Facebook/reddit with PRIMARILY the part of the blame doesn't change a damn thing. You know that, I know that, and I'd like you to quite throwing false platitudes and equivalencies.

And what happens when I give you the receipts, are you just going to gish gallop around it like you've been doing to other people in this thread?

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

All I'm saying is that if someone's talking about /pol/ influence or whatever, they very likely are referring to the absolute normalization of this shit. Also how do you think you're talking to with that "it could all be from the same few people" deflection? Don't talk to me like I'm fucking stupid, you know damn well the vast majority of posters there almost exclusively use 'nigger' to any male person or character they think is black.

Post an image of Raven and the newer Wally West kissing in /co/ and the thread turns into jewish conspiracy posting with a bunch of the author's tweets spammed.

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere
Son I literally just wrote that the kind of fascist soapbox shit an open discussion anonymous forum can breed has to go.
So there has to be moderation focused on getting rid of that, but the overall idea of the forum itself is sound and can be a good thing that is different from something like ERA. You gotta move awayfrom looking at 4chan the thing and look at the concept of such a site in general.
4chan itself has tons of things that need to be burned away with fire but that doesn't mean that a "forum set up like 4chan" can't be better and stop the cancer from even appearing in the first place

The concept breeds the same thing though.

Why not just not have that style of platform because it is too hard to moderate? It's like gun control...just do it.

I mean you can't take something that was racist and make it not racist.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does Info Wars post hate speech on Facebook? Don't really want to look. It could be a case where they act all nice and dandy publicly on Facebook and get to stay there and save the shit to private messages or other channels where they are free to be shitstains of humanity. Aren't they more dumb conspiracy nuts anyways? They focus more on liburlz feeding the masses false hippie nonsense in their evil schemes to ban guns than being pretty little members of the KKK, openly racist/bigoted but not quite exceeding the line to hate speech.

They definitely hate on certain people. Obama got a TON of shit from them. Info Wars is vile.

Yeah sure, I guess that's why your so incensed and feeling victimized at the prospect of this disgusting hive of villainy being shut down.

And you're again wrong, social media in general played a roll, and even abdicating Facebook/reddit with PRIMARILY the part of the blame doesn't change a damn thing. You know that, I know that, and I'd like you to quite throwing false platitudes and equivalencies.

And what happens when I give you the receipts, are you just going to gish gallop around it like you've been doing to other people in this thread?

"Hive of Villainy', a wax poetic, this one. Yes I'm the one making falsities when you can't prove, what was it, your empirical evidence? I'm still waiting. Prove to me /pol/ is all of 4chan, and that all of 4chan is /pol. Come now.

All I'm saying is that if someone's talking about /pol/ influence or whatever, they very likely are referring to the absolute normalization of this shit. Also how do you think you're talking to with that "it could all be from the same few people" deflection? Don't talk to me like I'm fucking stupid, you know damn well the vast majority of posters there almost exclusively use 'nigger' to any male person or character they think is black.

Post an image of Raven and the newer Wally West kissing in /co/ and the thread turns into jewish conspiracy posting with a bunch of the author's tweets spammed.

"The vast majority" Is millions. 4chan is more than /pol/, and it's more then what you think it is. That's the main issue here, people are conflating /pol/ for all of 4chan, just like once upon a time everyone conflated /b/ with all of 4chan. And as someone who has enjoyed music threads on /gif/, specialized game threads on /vg/, I'm giving a common courtesy of saying hey, not everything on there is equal to the vile shit that is /pol/.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll say that the anonymous imageboard format has a lot of value in itself but the culture is too closely tied to 4chan sensibilities at this point. Like, a containment board doesn't work if you don't strictly moderate outside posting of the thing you're supposed to contain. It's why /mlp/ had any success.

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere
They definitely hate on certain people. Obama got a TON of shit from them. Info Wars is vile.

"Hive of Villainy', a wax poetic, this one. Yes I'm the one making falsities when you can't prove, what was it, your empirical evidence? I'm still waiting. Prove to me /pol/ is all of 4chan, and that all of 4chan is /pol. Come now.

"The vast majority" Is millions. 4chan is more than /pol/, and it's more then what you think it is. That's the main issue here, people are conflating /pol/ for all of 4chan, just like once upon a time everyone conflated /b/ with all of 4chan. And as someone who has enjoyed music threads on /gif/, specialized game threads on /vg/, I'm giving a common courtesy of saying hey, not everything on there is equal to the vile shit that is /pol/.

Man, I don't have to do anything for you, when the evidence is plain as night and day.

I don't know why you want these receipts so bad dude, you aren't even going to answer honestly.

Don't treat me like I'm five years old, and ignorant.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I don't have to do anything for you, when the evidence is plain as night and day.

I don't know why you want these receipts so bad dude, you aren't even going to answer honestly.

Don't treat me like I'm five years old, and ignorant.

why should I answer honestly when you haven't made an honest argument, you've simply generalized millions of people and assumed things.

Still waiting.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I'm conflicted about that.
On one hand, nothing of value will be lost if 4chan closes.
On the other hand... maybe it's better that its community stays in that dump instead of spreading elsewhere.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg

*I'm still waiting.

Haha, did you think no one knows how to use 4chan archive?:

WARNING HATE SPEECH:

Straight from /v/ archive. This shit is all over the site. /v/ is not a monolith. Get real

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

WARNING HATE SPEECH:

Straight from /v/ archive. This shit is all over the site. /v/ is not a monolith. Get real

You're right, /v/ is not a monolith, so why are you trying to present them as one? Like I said, that vile shit tends to get moderated when it's posted to blatantly.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna just repeat myself here: a containment board doesn't work if you don't strictly moderate outside posting of the thing you're supposed to contain. It's why /mlp/ had any success.

It's not /pol/, it's the general board culture of what's seen as acceptable. You can't reasonably expect anyone to see anything good in that space if at a basic level, shit like Rule 3 isn't enforced.

For the record I don't think 4ch is worse than any other hobby board, but I also think they've made every other hobby worse through general osmosis.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

WARNING HATE SPEECH:

Those threads get deleted by the mods/janitors though and are literally trolls making them.
I mean, I could click new thread right now and make a "all N*****s are lazy and degenerate!" thread title right at this moment. But I would get banned and the thread deleted. Same happens on /v/ unless "mods are asleep" and take a while

Oct 25, 2017
Konoha
Gonna just repeat myself here: a containment board doesn't work if you don't strictly moderate outside posting of the thing you're supposed to contain. It's why /mlp/ had any success.

It's not /pol/, it's the general board culture of what's seen as acceptable. You can't reasonably expect anyone to see anything good in that space if at a basic level, shit like Rule 3 isn't enforced.

For the record I don't think 4ch is worse than any other hobby board, but I also think they've made every other hobby worse through general osmosis.
No one has to see any good in 4chan. They can just not visit it? Also people posting 4chan achieves that don't show x user was banned/post removed message lol.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody is labeling all people who disagree with "me" as nazis. Just the ones who advocate white supremacy and action/violence against minorities, you know, all of alt-right and a growing number of the not-far right as well. Wanting to deplatform hate speech isn't going to lead to an unpleasant future for me because what I advocate for can never be attributed as hate speech. I criticize people for their actions and words, not for who they are genetically.

And you are shilling for 4chan, a site harboring terrorists who have actually killed people. Doesn't sound like you are putting much in the way of limits for what you are willing to allow for friidum of spiich. Just because you can discuss vidyagames and animu and sextoys there.

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere
You're right, /v/ is not a monolith, so why are you trying to present them as one? Like I said, that vile shit tends to get moderated when it's posted to blatantly.

No actually, it proves his point.
My point.

Anybody that's visited that fuckin' shithole in the last decade or more.

Except for people who pop in on forums saying NOT ALL BOARDS.

Like can you be anymore transparent, if you were you'd be invisible.

Archives iirc don't show the post removed message so it doesn't prove your point.

Does that actually matter?

Like...
Dude it definitely does matter.

I don't really care about 4chan i'm just pushing back against peoples dumb idea of getting rid of internet anonymity and more goverment control.
you have no anonymity, if the government wants to find you they will.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I agree that the accepted language there can be troublesome. Personally, I'm desensitized to it. I wouldn't' recommend anybody who hasn't gone on 4chan, to go to 4chan. I don't use their accepted language, others do...I choose not to engage with the people that do use that language, even if they're trying to be benevolent about it. It goes back to that 'Devil that you know' mindset, you can avoid those people.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg

I figured you'd say this, which is why I took some more screengrabs!:

They seemed important enough to be archived. What a lovely feature that allows us to see the threads that mattered enough to not get deleted and archived.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
No actually, it proves his point.
My point.

Anybody that's visited that fuckin' shithole in the last decade or more.

Except for people who pop in on forums saying NOT ALL BOARDS.

Like can you be anymore transparent, if you were you'd be invisible.

Could you elaborate on this? Are you saying all people who visit 4chan are racist/fascist/whatever-ist ?

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere
User Warned: Inflammatory Generalizations
So we should make it easy and remove it all together?
I mean I think its cute that you think you can hide from the NSA, CIA, FBI, local authorities.

If it means getting rid of places like 4chan, sure, it means diminishing the spread of fascism by not giving people like them a soapbox, absolutely.

Could you elaborate on this? Are you saying all people who visit 4chan are racist/fascist/whatever-ist ?
You sound awfully hurt.

Yes.

It isn't a generalization at all.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I figured you'd say this, which is why I took some more screengrabs!:

They seemed important enough to be archived. What a lovely feature that allows us to see the threads that mattered enough to not get deleted and archived.

Let's see. Your bottom most screencap, from 2015, has the post number of 318,247,817
Your top most screencap, from 2018, has 413,371,982

100 million posts made in the past 3*(I can't count lol) years, and all you managed to get this extremely small minority of posts to back up your case that 4chan is in fact a monolith? amazing

Pandaman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All threads are archived automatically, including ones that are later deleted. 4plebs is not itself associated with 4chan, so if their webscraper grabs a thread that 4chans staff deletes, that thread still exists in the archive.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I mean I think its cute that you think you can hide from the NSA, CIA, FBI, local authorities.

If it means getting rid of places like 4chan, sure, it means diminishing the spread of fascism by not giving people like them a soapbox, absolutely.

You sound awfully hurt.

Yes.

It isn't a generalization at all.

Wow.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree that the accepted language there can be troublesome. Personally, I'm desensitized to it. I wouldn't' recommend anybody who hasn't gone on 4chan, to go to 4chan. I don't use their accepted language, others do...I choose not to engage with the people that do use that language, even if they're trying to be benevolent about it. It goes back to that 'Devil that you know' mindset, you can avoid those people.
I mean fair enough, I understand that there are no good substitutes for some of the discussions held there and even I still go on /m/ at least once a week. Personally I just can't fault anyone for seeing the worst of it, between being on a place that thought it was cool and correct to hate me and people who look like me and incredibly reckless gullibility of some posters who seem to believe any infographic that was posted I had to cut it out of my life.

Of course all that shit just bled into twitter big time in 2016 so fuck me.

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere
Let's see. Your bottom most screencap, from 2015, has the post number of 318,247,817
Your top most screencap, from 2018, has 413,371,982

400 million posts and you got this extremely small minority of posts to back up your case that 4chan is in fact a monolith? amazing

First of all those numbers mean absolute jack shit because of the sheer amount of webtraffic, I bet he has more for you to nothingburger though.

Like dude do you know how bad you look right now?

All of the people defending this shit?

Like I know you people don't care and come here to badger us, but man, this is clown shoes, clown car ridiculous.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean fair enough, I understand that there are no good substitutes for some of the discussions held there and even I still go on /m/ at least once a week. Personally I just can't fault anyone for seeing the worst of it, between being on a place that thought it was cool and correct to hate me and people who look like me and incredibly reckless gullibility of some posters who seem to believe any infographic that was posted I had to cut it out of my life.

Of course all that shit just bled into twitter big time in 2016 so fuck me.

And that's incredibly fair. I'm coming from an angle that there is still a discussion to be had on one of the various boards there, and to treat the whole of 4chan as if it were /pol/ to be well, shortsighted? Anonymity still has a place in our society. As the world gets more connected, a place where someone can take off their social mask is well, appreciated.

First of all those numbers mean absolute jack shit because of the sheer amount of webtraffic, I bet he has more for you to nothingburger though.

Like dude do you know how bad you look right now?

All of the people defending this shit?

Like I know you people don't care and come here to badger us, but man, this is clown shoes, clown car ridiculous.

Actually those numbers are post numbers. They're not random, so they're much more useful than your uh, 'Empirical evidence'.

And no, I'm not defending that shit that is said in screen caps. But keep being disingenuous. This is an exciting conversation.

Red Cadet 015

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really care about 4chan i'm just pushing back against peoples dumb idea of getting rid of internet anonymity and more goverment control.
Indeed. 4chan could definitely be improved. But unless they've knowingly aided and abetted actual violence, the government should not go after them illegally.

I actually view finding and eradicating violent speech/potential terrorists as the government's job. The government should hire people to investigate threats of violence and such. Websites shouldn't have to do it. If someone is threatening you face to face, you call the cops. The same should be true online. The excuse that there are too many people doing it rings hollow to me. These calls for forced moderation of websites is scary. It is not for the private sector to do the job of the government.