• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not joking. Bring back the king.

latest
same fam

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Makes you think why the only 1 costumes in odyssey that doesn't relate to past Mario games is from the donkey kong franchise.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Donkey Kong Country, an ape management island simulation game. Raise your Kongs to the max. Get you some Lanky. Get you lots of Lanky. Never-ending Lanky. LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY LANKY

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I think Lanky is one of the few things from DK64 they should salvage. Keep everyone that was in Tropical Freeze, Funky included, plus Lanky. That's all the Kongs you need. Characters like Chunky and Kiddy have always felt kind of redundant to me when Donkey Kong exists, and Tiny and Candy really have became eyesores. Their designs are very dated and I would not miss them.

Oct 25, 2017
Movement.

A DK game on the Switch would do well to focus on the physical action of controlling a great ape, there was a touch of this in Tropical Freeze, you could feel the weight of Kong as you moved through each level.

Yes, a DK game has to meet 'criteria' to be called a DK game and I know there's no way around that.

But a physics-focused engine as a foundation for a 'fresh' Donkey Kong where the emphasis is on how real-world gorillas move in their natural habitat? I'd love that.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I read this interview the other day and didn't take Reggie's answer here to be a tease of a specific game. It could be but he has used a very similar answer before about "pushing the envelope" many times.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
If Retro has been quiet because they were busy bringind Donkey Kong back to 3D in a functional and fun way then I am there. I never liked DK64 and I don't think they ever tried to do one ever again.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
It better be donkey Kong 64 remade. That alone would be fantastic. I'm kinda tired of the recent side scroller DK games.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
'Reinvention'? I'm imagining a jacked Donkey King wearing a wife beater and a red bandana with tattoos all over and scars on his face, dual welding machine guns and, of course, smoking a cigarette.