• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I really wonder if Animal Crossing's surefire GOAT status has other publishers running scared and is clearing the Spring release Schedule?

animalcrossingmemehskyl.jpg

Nobody wants to go head to head with Tom Nook, Brewster, Isabelle and the gang.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
It cleared my Spring schedule the second it was announced.

Publishers are just getting the memo now.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Being that Animal Crossing is the only game you would need for the decade, other publishers should be pushing back even further, imo.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Well DOOM Eternal was delayed TO go head to head with Animal Crossing.

(but we all know DOOM Slayer and the AC animals are best buds. DOOM Slayer has a soft spot for cuddly animals)

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Nook is the godfather of the video game world and it was smart of the other publishers to wise up before there was a little...accident

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I love AC, it was never going to hurt sales of FF7R or Cyberpunk. The games just weren't done.

Oct 27, 2017
Idk if it is the reason lol for delays but I'm certainly happy I will have more time with it.

I will spend 2/11-5/29 playing Dreams/Yakuza Trilogy on my PS4 and 3/20- whenever playing Animal Crossing on my switch

Might play RE3 and FF7R, but only one of those.

could see both of those go on sale for $39.99 around E3 only two months later.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
This is a terrible thread and will be locked. Since I don't want to be locked in here with it, I'll leave immediately. Also, yes, everyone is scared of AC.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Fear of a kotaku article about crunch is clearing the spring schedule. And we are better for it.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
Hah, probably not, but as an avid AC fan, I'm quite glad that a bunch of Spring games have been cleared out. Allows me to focus on grooming my island!

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Well DOOM Eternal was delayed TO go head to head with Animal Crossing.

(but we all know DOOM Slayer and the AC animals are best buds. DOOM Slayer has a soft spot for cuddly animals)

Still, the Nintendo Switch version specifically was delayed to launch later than the others. I think we all know why šŸ˜

Calaius

Oct 29, 2017
Watch it get delayed "please understand" style when DOOM comes knocking at its door after all the others.