• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dheophe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game developer and programmer want to play Animal Crossing too. So they need to clear their schedule.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Tom Nook shouldn't be underestimated. He'll collect his debts at all cost.

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
I really wonder if Animal Crossing's surefire GOAT status has other publishers running scared and is clearing the Spring release Schedule?

animalcrossingmemehskyl.jpg

Nobody wants to go head to head with Tom Nook, Brewster, Isabelle and the gang.
Lol no

RobFox64tm

Oct 30, 2017
I can't help but laugh at the knee-jerk "no" responses. I don't think you all realize just how big Animal Crossing is. And on the Switch? This was always going to be a huge game to compete with, whether you like the series or not. Tom Nook is out for blood, man, and he'll get it at any cost.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really wonder if Animal Crossing's surefire GOAT status has other publishers running scared and is clearing the Spring release Schedule?

animalcrossingmemehskyl.jpg

Nobody wants to go head to head with Tom Nook, Brewster, Isabelle and the gang.
They all saw Death Stranding getting utterly obliterated by Luigi's Mansion 3 and noped out of March at the speed of light.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Game developer and programmer want to play Animal Crossing too. So they need to clear their schedule.
Absolutely

Try to talk to any game developer for more than 5 minutes and they'll all tell you the same thing:
"Ok, that's all the time I've got. I gotta get back to playing Animal Crossing New Leaf on my Nintendo 3DS."

I fully expect that to change to Animal Crossing New Horizons on their Nintendo Switch in March.

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
That Pokémon Mystery Dungeon announcement scared everyone. Animal Crossing is just glad to be on the same side.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a pretty safe assumption.

I was concerned it might until they put out the video in both Japan and the west only what, 10 days or so ago that reiterated the March release date. That makes me think it's unlikely.

That just reminds me of TLOU2, which also seemed to have a firm release date announced, only to delay it a few weeks later. Different companies of course, but if we don't see anything else this month I feel pretty safe in that feeling. We still know barely anything about the game and we're almost 2 months away.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Idk if it is the reason lol for delays but I'm certainly happy I will have more time with it.

I will spend 2/11-5/29 playing Dreams/Yakuza Trilogy on my PS4 and 3/20- whenever playing Animal Crossing on my switch

Might play RE3 and FF7R, but only one of those.

could see both of those go on sale for $39.99 around E3 only two months later.
If you go to Greenmangaming, a preorder of RE3 on PC is 25% off. Code is RESI3VIL on checkout.

Play the good game. :)

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yes, it is. It will sell more than all of those games. The most recent Animal Crossing has sold more than every version of FFVII combined.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the memes, yes.

In reality, no, considering Animal Crossing is coming out on a platform none of the delayed games are coming to with the exception of the Switch port of Doom Eternal which is coming later.

V_Ben

Larian Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
St Albans, UK
Clearly everybody is afraid of Zombie Army 4: Dead War, releasing Feb 4th on Xbox, PS4 and PC.

(Every delay has had me breathing a mild sigh of relief)

Ckoerner

Aug 7, 2019
I hate to be the party-pooper on the Animal Crossing hype train we'e all on board (Toot Toot!), but I don't think this is the case. It's more likely that the development philosophy of most video game companies is to over promise launch dates. Management pressure to "get something out" (because they want to launch in a particular window to maximize sales and that the longer development takes the more it costs), unexpected delays or hiccups with development, departures in the folks making the game, etc. are far more likely than folks being fearful of Tom Nook Isabelle.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Publishers after they saw that Animal Crossing was releasing in the same month as their game:

qMdCPg7.gif

Jun 5, 2018
As a day one buyer of animal crossing I couldn't be more sure this isn't the case e other games are completely different genre's on different systems the percentage of people who would only buy animal crossing instead of as apposed to with other games is minimal.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Animal Crossing is a juggernaut of a game. I'd be concerned launching a game opposite it.