• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will you get The Switcher 3?

• Yes

Votes: 304 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 935 48.5%
  • Yes, but not at launch

Votes: 270 14.0%
  • Maybe later, if the price drops

Votes: 418 21.7%

• Total voters

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
The Witcher 3 is launching on the Switch early next week. Curiously I haven't seen any buzz about it (which I am sure I saw more of for other late Switch ports). Is there even any interest in this thing? Is anyone else on Era going to be picking it up?

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I saw it was discounted on Amazon to $50 and impulse bought. Might not get to playing it for a while though

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Still waiting to see some undocked footage from the full game. Will definitely be getting it though.

Deleted member 7883

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With Dragon Quest XI and Divinity Original Sin 2 coming out for the switch only a few weeks ago, I'm more than occupied with 100+ hour epic RPGs. If Divinity didn't have a stealth release I'd have picked it up day one. I'm using the opportunity to hold off for more gameplay footage or an in-depth DF special on the final build of the game.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
The Witch on the Switch but physical or digital how do I choose Which ?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm considering it. Does the retail version include all the physical goodies (map, etc.) that the other versions had?

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I want to pick it up physically for the novelty of the thing, but it's hard to justify spending that money right now. Three Houses and Astral Chain are still chilling in my backlog, I recently bought FF12 on sale, and I've been wanting to dive into and finish the DQXI demo.

I've played a few hours of TW3 on PS4 and wasn't super enchanted.

neoJABES

Dec 23, 2017
It's on my wait for a good sale list. No way I can afford the $79 Cdn for it right now, especially when we already have it on PS4..

Deleted member 14663

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doubt it, it will be such a chore to play in handheld with a UI made for ants and you can get much better experiences when playing it on the TV

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe some day.

I've already bought and played the game+dlc through twice on other platforms though, it's hard to imagine I would actually play it through a third time yet.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
When the price is right. Already own it on Pc and ps4. Not triple dipping for sure.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I was sold before it was even confirmed. I can't wait to play Witcher in bed and on the can. I've bought this game three times as of next week. Switch, PS4, and PC. I mostly play pc modded but my girlfriend prefers the controller so she plays PS4.

Still waiting to see some undocked footage from the full game. Will definitely be getting it though.
There's lots of stuff out there, just youtube it. I don't want to spam the thread with links but I can if no one objects.

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
Yeah... I should had waited as I'm playing Dragon Quest XI and I'm far from the end... but when I saw the awesome packaging, well I could not resist. And for once, a 32 gb cartridge is sooo good.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
One of my favs this generation, but no, of course not. Happy for those that haven't played it yet to get the chance, though.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I haven't played it in a while and it's one of my favourite games ever so I am looking forward to it.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yeah, I'm going to cop physical with some Best Buy credit I have. I'll probably play Blood & Wine and trade it in ( I already played the main game a while ago).

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I have it on PS4 but never finished it. I will definitely buy this and finish this game but maybe not at launch. Loved what I played on the PS4 but its such a time consuming game I can't play it tied to a TV all the time.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Heavily stripped down visuals. Tiny screen. Literally can't think of a worse way to experience that brilliant world(for my tastes).

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I will get it eventually but its near the bottom of my list of what I will buy next. I really want to see player impressions on how the Switch handles the game plus I figure by waiting a bit there might be some more optimization patches along the way to help things more.

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
I am looking forward to the game. I had the xbone version but never got time to play the game. The portable version can change that.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I picked up the complete edition on a Black Friday sale a couple years ago for 10 dollars and have yet to actually touch it. I plan to get around to it eventually, but when it comes to games that are pretty graphically intense, I lean towards playing on Xbox or PC. While miracle ports like this and DOOM are really cool and great options for people who don't have more powerful hardware or really want to play portable, it just doesn't appeal to me personally.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loosely interested, if it gets a nice sale price I might pick it up someday.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I've thought about it but end of the day I have an almost endless list of games I have yet to play on the switch, I played thru most of TW3 on my PS4 and PC (still haven't finished Blood and Wine on PC) and doubt I'd honestly really play over the holidays in portable mode, which is the only reason to get it for switch (for me).

The physical goodies are cool, might pick up a copy on a bf sale or something.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
HECK YEAH!!!

Super excited to do a replay of portable Witcher 3, it's the most-anticipated 3rd party current gen port they could have done on Switch for me, so I'm hugely excited! Witcher 3 portable will be awesome.

Aramon

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Not next week but some time later. Too many unfinished games at the moment.

GRID, Dragon Quest XIS + all the indie games.

So many games and so little time.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Definitely picking it up. I not only want to play it on my commute to work and on my lunch break, but I want to show support to CDPR. So I can kill two birds with one stone. Hopefully, they'll get Cyberpunk ported (I can dream).

cheska

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the complete edition on the PS4 last year and still have yet to touch it :( I think the stripped down visuals wold likely make me pass on the Switch version in favor for the PS4 one I already own.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I have already preordered my copy and I already have the Steam GOTY Edition on my PC already.

I'm getting it just to show the haters that, yes, Witcher on-the-go is worth it.

Also screw the people who discourage others from getting the Switch version!