• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will you get The Switcher 3?

• Yes

Votes: 304 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 935 48.5%
  • Yes, but not at launch

Votes: 270 14.0%
  • Maybe later, if the price drops

Votes: 418 21.7%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately I already played it on ps4 and my switch backlog is huge so no but you never know. May pick up for second playthrough to make different choices.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I might actually consider it next time I own a switch. Games like this being portable are really something when they run well.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, I saw it was discounted on Amazon to $50 and impulse bought. Might not get to playing it for a while though
Haha, I did the exact same thing.
It's also my birthday weekend so I thought I'd treat myself.

I've played through the base game once on PC, but haven't done a second playthrough with the DLC yet.

Worst case scenario the game looks and runs so bad I can't stand it and I'll just return it or sell it.
Best case (and the more likely scenario) I have a handheld version of a great game and I'll be much more liky to play it than sitting in front of my PC.

reddragon220

Sep 7, 2019
No, I've got the PC version I'm still wrapping up and no way I'm starting over. Would be cool if they could sync Steam cloud saves like DOS2.

Save syncing with the Steam cloud would make this game an instant double-dip for me. the game is just too expansive and long for me to begin anew on a second platform. Maybe CD Project Red / Saber Interactive will cook something up if enough people ask for it?

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That literally sounds like the worst way to play Witcher 3. It's a cool novelty though.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I already own it on both PC and Xbox One. I really don't want to play a severely downgraded port of this game. I'll pass.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I might later on. I love TW3, but I beat it on PC. Having a portable Thomas Train Engine version of the game all on one cart is super tempting.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
I'm getting it, of course. Already played it on PC but it's portable.
This comes out the same day as Baldurs Gate and Planescape Torment.
Not taking into account I would need 500h at least to finish all this is just incredible to think about it. Getting them all.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I have a PC than can make it all pretty and run at 60+ FPS. I'm not sure I'll double dip, but I do kinda want it, simply for portable Witcher.

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
If I can find it at Walmart for $49.99, then I'll grab it!

Weirdly, I'm most excited for Ring Fit Adventure next week though, and to be honest I'm still working on my Blue Lions playthrough on Three Houses. So we'll see!

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Considering getting my pa a Switch Lite and The Witcher 3 for Christmas, seeing as he loved The Witcher 2 and doesn't have a current gen system.

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but as it ain't Nintendo published I can just wait a few months and it'll be sub-£20 somewhere. Always intended to play, think I'll be much more likely to get around to it on Switch although these massive RPGs are much more intimidating to me time wise than they were ten or fifteen years ago.

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I still can't believe that port exists. I'm curious what DF will find.
Currently playing on PS4 and enjoying it a lot so I'm happy for Switch owners to play this masterpiece.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
I am for my collection (love TW3). No intention on playing it though. Maybe I'll try it someday to see how it runs.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very surprised so few are picking it up. Maybe CDPR won't support the Switch in the future? :(

it's a 4 year old game that has sold like 20 million copies. It's also a really dense, long game. It shouldnt be all that surprising that there isn't a lot of interest from enthusiasts who have probably already played it in paying $50 to play it again. the handheld novelty ain't that strong for most.

OP
OP

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Era does not represent the mass market that have an interest in this game and is a terrible indicator of a game's potential success.
Was there ever a similar poll for something like Skyrim? What were the numbers like there?
In any case, as far as the mass market goes, do they even know The Witcher 3 is coming to Switch? I haven't seen much in the way of marketing compared to something like Dragon Quest XI (another belated JRPG port).

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's one of the main reasons I bought a Switch Lite, buying it day one physical and as I'm going digital otherwise, it's going to live inside the unit, never to leave.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Yes.

I played it in 4K on PC and finished the base game and both expansion packs but the idea of portable Witcher 3 is too enticing to pass up. Plus I want to support releases like this.

Hell, I doubt I'll even finish it again.

Edit:
The physical copy being on a 32 card also made the decision that much easier.

Last edited:

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Was there ever a similar poll for something like Skyrim? What were the numbers like there?
In any case, as far as the mass market goes, do they even know The Witcher 3 is coming to Switch? I haven't seen much in the way of marketing compared to something like Dragon Quest XI (another belated JRPG port).

They've done a good enough job highlighting this game to people who would be potential buyers, obviously, it is not selling to soccer moms and grandmas who buy it for little Jim.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Already finished the game twice on PC, with 60fps and 30 fps with all the bells and whistles. I don't have a physical copy though, so I'll most likely pick one up for Switch when I can grab it from sale. Not going to hurry with that, around 20-30 bucks and I'll bite. It's my all time favorite game, so I'll gladly do the rare exception to double dip.