• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will you get The Switcher 3?

• Yes

Votes: 304 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 935 48.5%
  • Yes, but not at launch

Votes: 270 14.0%
  • Maybe later, if the price drops

Votes: 418 21.7%

• Total voters

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Already played through it once and since it has little to no replay value and is super long along with me finding it to be a little overrated, no I'm not paying for a worse looking and performing version that has no inherent benefit of being portable years later.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I might just do that. Out of curiosity. But It would be pretty dumb, I guess, since I already purchased the PC- and a console version, lol.

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope that it's not a waste of money and resources for CDPR.

Saber worked on the title with help from CDPR and it took 12 months, that's not cheap.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm very surprised so few are picking it up. Maybe CDPR won't support the Switch in the future? :(

If future support hinges on a 4 year old port that's been on every competing platform selling like a new game, well, I guess they won't be supporting the platform again anyway.

To be honest, they probably won't have another game out in time that can reasonably be ported to switch anyway. If cyberpunk was coming to switch, we would probably know by now. I guess Gwent could, maybe?

If they put their expected sales at a reasonable level though, I'm sure the port will reach them.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. Played it three times already on PC and Xbox One X, see no reason to play a vastly inferior version, no matter how impressive it is they got even that running on the hardware. If I want to play it again I'll just play it on PC.

OP
OP

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Oh cool. I didn't realize it was actually doing well!
I wonder if this bodes well for NPD performance

I really hope that it's not a waste of money and resources for CDPR.

Saber worked on the title with help from CDPR and it took 12 months, that's not cheap.
Have we received a high profile third party title on Switch so far that the publisher ended up being dissatisfied with? Other than EA and FIFA.

are you phantom thief op
No lol, why do some people keep asking me this

JohnnyMoses

Oct 27, 2017
I'm saying maybe later because I already own it on Xbox and PC, but I would get a Switch physical copy if it was $25 or less. As long as it's not a blurry mess like some other "impossible" ports.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
If future support hinges on a 4 year old port that's been on every competing platform selling like a new game, well, I guess they won't be supporting the platform again anyway.

To be honest, they probably won't have another game out in time that can reasonably be ported to switch anyway. If cyberpunk was coming to switch, we would probably know by now. I guess Gwent could, maybe?

If they put their expected sales at a reasonable level though, I'm sure the port will reach them.

Why would we know by now? If I were CDPR I'd focus on the platforms we were building it for then decide after the game went I'd not even consider even trying to port the game until release then I'd wait until we were sure we could port it before saying anything, and even then CDPR announced Witcher just months before release.

If they were to announce a port I'd say it's still a year or two before being announced.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Oh cool. I didn't realize it was actually doing well!
I wonder if this bodes well for NPD performance

Have we received a high profile third party title on Switch so far that the publisher ended up being dissatisfied with? Other than EA and FIFA.
I do hope Witcher 3 hits it out of the park. My favourite game this gen outside of BOTW and FETH, it deserves to sell huge numbers on Switch.

I don't think anyone outside of EA has had anything negative to say about the sales of their games.
No lol, why do some people keep asking me this
You post a lot of threads on a ton of different topics with a lot of different thoughts. Phantom Thief was known for a quite similar style of posting.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Never played it, I'm curious as hell. This is the first time I'm playing this game. Though I didn't like the second game on Xbox. Top notch gameplay but kinda snoozefest story. I hear this one is much better than two in that regards.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Nah I fell asleep playing it on PS4 originally so not gonna again .

But I am curious to see how it looks on switch in person lol...

fbnaulin

Mar 15, 2018
I tried it in Xbox One X. It's beautiful, but I didn't get hooked. Maybe I wasn't in the mood.
I'm very curious about these miracle ports, so maybe I buy it used in the future. Just maybe.

OP
OP

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
I do hope Witcher 3 hits it out of the park. My favourite game this gen outside of BOTW and FETH, it deserves to sell huge numbers on Switch.

I don't think anyone outside of EA has had anything negative to say about the sales of their games.

You post a lot of threads on a ton of different topics with a lot of different thoughts. Phantom Thief was known for a quite similar style of posting.
Well if Skyrim did well (it did, right?) I guess TW3 can as well. At least I hope it will.
As for PT, my memory is of him mostly posting Nintendo stuff. I didn't even own a Switch until recently lol.

JTyrmi

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Too many games to play at the moment, but will buy it sometime in the future. Maybe the price also goes down a bit in the meantime.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
Yes.

It is going to be my winter "play a game on the couch while watching hockey all night" game.

I've never played it before.

Game is full of cut scenes and dialogue pertinent to the story or whatever else you're doing at the time (side quests all have their own stories) so be prepared to mute your TV a lot or have subtitles on.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Likely will down the road, but I need to put a moratorium on new Switch games until I reduce my backlog to fewer than 10 games. I'm also iffy because I own it on PS4 and dropped it, but I know Switch has been good for clearing games I couldn't on PS4...

OP
OP

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019

akasha

Jan 14, 2019
Germany

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I would, but in the middle of Divinity Original Sin 2.
Don't sleep on Divinity on Switch. It's amazing. Just hit chapter 2.

I can't agree with this more, what an incredible game. I need to do a second playthrough after finishing DQXIS.

And maybe TW3.

Is this a good port?

Yeah, it's extremely good. Outside of character models the visuals are excellent and the framerate holds up really well. Load times are a bit long though.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would do as I love building my collection on Switch, but the graphical compromises are just too much. I'll keep my PS4 for heavyweight games like Witcher 3.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Do you own the other big open world games on Switch? Skyrim, Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls, so on.

not skyrim cause I opted for the vr version instead but definitely BoTW and dragons dogma (no real interest in dark souls) and even saints row (which was a horrible port. The controls have so much lag you have to really want to play it to deal with it). So I have plenty.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
If I play this game, it'll probably be on PC. I'm glad the game is coming to Switch, but from what I've seen, the cutbacks seem to be a little more than I'd like when I could play the game on PS4 or PC just as well. (I never play my Switch portably.)

For comparison, I did get DQXI on Switch because I felt the graphics and style held up reasonably well and the additions/updates made the purchase compelling for me.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017

For the lazy, the monthly chart:
  1. Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! (NSW)
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (NSW)
  3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (NSW)
  4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (NSW)
  5. Luigi's Mansion 3 (NSW)
  6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NSW)
  7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (PS4)
  8. Dragon Quest XI S (NSW)
  9. Pokémon Sword (NSW)
  10. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (PS4)
  11. The Witcher 3 (NSW)
...What a strange collection of games.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
No, for several reasons:
1. Beat it already on PS4
2. I don't see myself spending this much time on a game right now
3. While I am not a graphics fanatic, I don't like the downgrade at all...

Waxwing

Jan 25, 2018
1) Waiting for more performance impression
2) Not sure whether I'd replay main game or just finally hit the DLC, so probably waiting for a sale