• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will you get The Switcher 3?

• Yes

Votes: 304 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 935 48.5%
  • Yes, but not at launch

Votes: 270 14.0%
  • Maybe later, if the price drops

Votes: 418 21.7%

• Total voters

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised so many are picking it up. Doesnt really seem a good financial decision to get it if you've already played through the significantly better versions on console or PC.
Any version of a game that is not playable portably is not significantly better for me because I could not play more than 10 hours of it, if at all.

I do agree that the PC version is significantly better than the static console versions though.

dadoes

Feb 15, 2018
Beat it on the PC, but I pre-ordered it on amazon.

Love my switch and I want to support AAA gaming on the switch.

I rushed through the PC version, I'll take my time with the switch version.

ErbilT

Oct 28, 2017
Henderson, NV.
This seems like a game that you would want to play on a PS4 Pro or a High End PC.

I like using my Switch for games I can pop in and out of, like Tetris 99.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This seems like a game that you would want to play on a PS4 Pro or a High End PC.

I like using my Switch for games I can pop in and out of, like Tetris 99.
I like using my Switch for those too, but ALSO for games that are so long that I'd never ever complete on a system anchored to my TV - which I only get to use for like 1-2 hours max on SOME days of the week. But I bring my Switch to work, so I can finish it slowly but way faster...if that makes any sense.

Pogogacy

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Lol no.

Do you think I've got nothing better to spend £50 on than a shitty 720p version of a game I've already beaten?

Good lord.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
The poll would've been so much cooler if it showed data who actually played the game before. I never did so this was a good excuse to pick it up. I do not own any other current or last gen consoles and I don't own a proper gaming PC, this is part of my catch up. As someone doing catch up, the all-DLC + all on a 32GB cartridge made it a no brainer for me.

Oh, and I'm kind of a gadget freak, so I've been picking up every WTF-THIS-RUNS-ON-A-TABLET game that I normally don't buy, like DOOM and Wolfenstein.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Absolutely. Definitely supporting CDPR on the Switch. If they can make Witcher 3 on the Switch happen, they can hopefully one day make Cyberpunk on the Switch happen and I'm 100% for that.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
No. I have it on PC. I have very rarely double dipped. Only done so to be able to play with friends in the past.

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
Does anybody know if there will be a demo for one? Because this on of those games that I would like to see on my own screen in motion before I make a decision.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
No.
I already double-dipped on the Xbox version when I stopped playing games on the PC (I was about 50 hours in), and I haven't even started that one yet.

Maybe one day on a steep discount.
I'm super curious about how well the port runs though.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My favourite game of all time but not picking this up. Played on PC and PS4 already and just can't justify such a huge price tag for an inferior version of the game. If I was still commuting to work instead of working from home though, I'd probably get it. Or maybe even if it was £25/30 and not £50.

Oct 27, 2017
I've bought it several times and probably won't (at least not initially...), but I'm interested to see how it turns out. I just wish we had a bit more footage to look at; alas, gone a bit quiet since Gamescom.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I'm surprised so many are picking it up. Doesnt really seem a good financial decision to get it if you've already played through the significantly better versions on console or PC.
My favourite game of all time but not picking this up. Played on PC and PS4 already and just can't justify such a huge price tag for an inferior version of the game. If I was still commuting to work instead of working from home though, I'd probably get it. Or maybe even if it was £25/30 and not £50.
Yep, it's a port thread on Era alright.

I'll happily fall on my sword to experience it on handheld, but everyone should know it will never please the people who were down on it from the start.

Pyke Presco

Dec 3, 2017
Only got about halfway through it on PC (was running around Skellige, never touched the expansions. May not even own all the expansions to be honest...), so I'll be picking it up. Perfect kind of game to pick up and play while watching tv or riding a train for commuting/visiting people, or during work trips out of town.

Cant wait to pick it up and play on the go. I got Skyrim at launch and put about 60 hours into it as well and still occasionally go back to it.

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Preloaded the day it was available :D (even though I've finished it 4 times on PC and own it on both steam and gog )

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yep, it's a port thread on Era alright.

I'll happily fall on my sword to experience it on handheld, but everyone should know it will never please the people who were down on it from the start.

Not sure why you seem to be insinuating my post is some sort of drive by. I'm not down on it from the start at all, I even state if my personal circumstances were different id probably still consider getting it. I don't have the need for a portable version and certainly not at the current price.

I love the game dearly and I hope loads of people buy it on switch and support CDPR, especially those who haven't had the chance to play it before.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Nah, I bought a better version physically for like 10 dollars a year ago... why would I buy it again for 60?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to play it on Switch but I don't want to commit to playing a game for hundreds of hours when it would look a lot better on my PS4 Pro.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Not sure why you seem to be insinuating my post is some sort of drive by. I'm not down on it from the start at all, I even state if my personal circumstances were different id probably still consider getting it. I don't have the need for a portable version and certainly not at the current price.

I love the game dearly and I hope loads of people buy it on switch and support CDPR, especially those who haven't had the chance to play it before.
The constant repeats of "Inferior" or "superior" versions of the game despite the fact that it's the full game is what makes these types of posts seem disingenuous.

Its GRAPHICS are inferior due to the hardware and limited power (almost a tenth of the consoles pull) sure, but the game itself is feature complete for the hardware it's being made for, and many users have continuously passed off the port as the "the inferior one" constantly, and I took your post to be more of the same.

The inferior version of a game would be like DragonQuest XI for PS4, where the Switch got all the extra content and added plotlines and characters. That's content in a game. It's not like they're cutting DLC or Novigrad into a closed off section a la Skyrim to make the port happen. A game having less graphical power being equated to "inferior" is a problem I see too often when discussing games and their price points in general. I've harped on about that when talking about games like Octopath and others where people shit on their price tag or something for their graphics styles being different, but that's a tangential topic.

Regardless anyone using the superior inferior comparison is almost 99.9% of the time talking about graphics, and about equal amount of that percentage is always to the crowd who already knows the graphical sacrifices that CDPR have been open about when discussing porting, and know what they're sacrificing power and graphics for. So these types of posts still come off as drivebys.

EDIT: In the time it took me to type that someone else already said they got the "better" version already. So yeah I'd say all these posts sound the same after a while.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Nah, already rinsed it on PlayStation. Although I did trade it in and later regret it so I would kinda would like to play it again one day, but not enough to pay full price. Also my list of Switch games to play is huge so it would be pretty stupid to buy one I've already played. Maybe one day if the switch version drops to like £10.

VAPORxDYNE

Oct 27, 2017
Hell the fuck no. This kind of game is never on my radar for switch. Considering RE5 and other PS3 games can't even hold 30fps on the damn thing, most of these games aren't something I'd consider getting on the switch. Whens Indivisible though?

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Hell the fuck no. This kind of game is never on my radar for switch. Considering RE5 and other PS3 games can't even hold 30fps on the damn thing, most of these games aren't something I'd consider getting on the switch. Whens Indivisible though?
I preordered this game just to spite naysayers like these. Fuck the haters!

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
Just FYI you can easily archive games you don't play anymore to free up space. It's a very quick and easy process.

I don't wanna :(

Yeah, I understand it's an option, but I'm a reluctant physical-to-digital person, so I always prefer to have every game I own with me at all times. I had carried these Switch cart holders with me before going digital.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Yes! Played it and completed the game and the expansions on PS4, but this is one of my favourite games of all time, and the idea of it being on a portable console...is incredible.

Oct 26, 2017
The game didn't exactly do it for me on the PS4 and I don't see a reason for why the Switch release will change my mind. Plus, the semester is keeping me plenty busy and I have quite a lot of other games to look forward to. That being said, I appreciate that it's coming as it shows just how much the Switch is capable of and is encouraging for ports of other games

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Same issue I have with almost every Switch port - they cost double of what I would pay. Paying 60 or close to it for a years old port that runs/looks signiciantly worse just doesn't make any sense to me.

At this point I don't even know what vanilla TW3 even looks like anymore, I've modded basically every aspect of the game since 2016 to the point where it's all changed in some way.

That said it's fucken Witcher 3 running on a portable. If they get it to run at 30 with proper frame pacing I'll pick it up eventually for the sake of it when it's $20.

Oct 25, 2017
No time.

If I ever do pick it up it would be on the Switch, but as a big third-party game with a physical release (and better yet, a physical release where everything is on the cart and there isn't a huge mandatory download just to get the game started, last I heard), it's more likely than most to be available cheaply later on.

One factor here is that I could never get into The Witcher 1 or 2 and disliked the early-game experience enough to refund them pretty quickly, but a lot of that came down to interface issues, so I'm not unwilling to give TW3 a shot, as the entry where the series properly arrived.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
No.

I won't buy it again with this level of downgrade. Everything that I've seen for it looks very unappealing.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Already have the game. Portable TW3 sounds good but can't justify full price again. Will likely wait till it's discounted as wouldn't mind replaying the game, just that there's not much open world titles like this at all on Switch. Not even sure how it runs on the device either.

VAPORxDYNE

Oct 27, 2017
I preordered this game just to spite naysayers like these. Fuck the haters!

Wow, you must be their favorite client! Imagine buying a game just because other people have issues with its frame-rate/performance.I know I wouldn't be able to do that. It's people like you who keep these games coming on the switch. Good shit dude, keep it up :). I'm sure many people appreciate your efforts. But yeah, unfortunately, i couldn't give less of a fuck how you waste your money though. *thumbs up*

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
No, I played TW3 four years ago, and while I enjoyed it overall, I was very much glad when I reached the end credits and it was over.

And I really don't want to spend £40+ to play an inferior version of a game that's been out for years anyway.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I will, for the third time.. and I'm not really sure why. Disliked the game on both PC and PS4.. and couldnt even bother to finish it. But I really want to try and finish what's widely considered one of the best games of the generation and if a hybrid version, albeit lesser looking, version of the game helps me do just that. I'm good with that.

Not sure what's up with all the pity posts in the thread though.

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huge Witcher 3 fan here, finished on all current platforms including death march on Xbox one X. Will buy it again and finish it, that's for sure.