• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will you get The Switcher 3?

• Yes

Votes: 304 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 935 48.5%
  • Yes, but not at launch

Votes: 270 14.0%
  • Maybe later, if the price drops

Votes: 418 21.7%

• Total voters

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
I just got mine an hour ago. No issues, it's in the system.
I know but they aren't putting it out at any of the Walmart's near me. Asked at 3 stores to get it from the back and they said it was marked for the 15th and they couldn't sell it to me... might try the Walmart's near my work tomorrow.

Apr 21, 2018
I might grab it down the line when the price drops. I skipped it on PS4, it's not really my kind of game, and I am already swamped in a backlog of great games.

These types of games though, somehow, have this insane increase in appeal to me when I can play them portable. I bought Skyrim on sale, and I've only really dicked around playing it, but having it digitally on a portable just feels....amazing.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know but they aren't putting it out at any of the Walmart's near me. Asked at 3 stores to get it from the back and they said it was marked for the 15th and they couldn't sell it to me... might try the Walmart's near my work tomorrow.
That's a bummer. It was in the case, guy just grabbed it and rang it with no issue.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't play it because I can't use a controller due to my hand but my husband did and he did play the PC version.

I'm not putting down a Switch port, I don't understand buying the game for a 3rd time as the worst version when you have already played it twice before. I can understand if the Switch is your only system but not if you have already played it twice before.

If that poster bought and played it twice before and is willing to do so a third time, it's probably safe to say they loved the game, and playing a graphically inferior version has its charm if you're a fan. If I had money, I would have bought Captain Toad on 3DS despite owning it on Wii U. It's fun playing a port that feels like it couldn't exist but does.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I never got into it on prior consoles. I appreciate what CD Projekt is doing with putting the whole game on the card and including some rad pack-in materials, but it's just not a game that was of any interest to me. If the reviews are solid, I might consider giving a whirl at a discount somewhere down the line.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I would've been tempted if there were cross-save with other platforms. I would double dip on Switch with several epic multiplatform RPGs if there was cross-save.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
With Cross-save maybe down the line. I just don't see how TW3 can run and look good on the Switch when the base consoles struggled with it.

Fei

Oct 25, 2017
I've passed on this for years because I can't dedicate that much time in my life to sit away from the family in front of a TV. I can't wait to jump in.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
I want to try it to see how it runs and because maybe I'll be able to play it more than the pc version. But I loaded up a screenshot on my phone and boy even on a 5.5' screen it's incredibly blurry. I finished DOOM on handheld mode so I shouldn't bother but wow

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
I want to try it to see how it runs and because maybe I'll be able to play it more than the pc version. But I loaded up a screenshot on my phone and boy even on a 5.5' screen it's incredibly blurry. I finished DOOM on handheld mode so I shouldn't bother but wow

I've played it all today. Resolution is at least as good as Doom's, performance is almost perfect locked 30, actually performs better than ps4/xb1 from memory. Not been to novigrad or the bog yet, but people are saying those hold up well. It's honestly really playable in handheld mode.

It feels like magic and some kind of blood oath was definitely involved In this port.

Last edited:

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
I've played it all today. Resolution is at least as good as Doom's, performance is almost perfect locked 30, actually performs better than ps4/xb1 from memory. Not been to novigrad or the big yet, but people are saying those hold up well. It's honestly really playable in handheld mode.

It feels like magic and some kind of blood oath was definitely involved In this port.
Yeah, but I think you don't really need good resolution and details to enjoy DOOM, the action itself is enough. But with a rich and lush world, I'm afraid of losing some of the charm

effin

Jan 20, 2019
I'm so excited for this. I actually own the game with all the DLC on pc but I've been holding out to play it on the switch (I know, it's a bit insane)

I'm extremely happy that first impressions seem to be good on the performance.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pre-ordered it today. Even if the port sucks (which it apparently does not), I will soon have GWENT on my Switch. That's worth $60

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Maybe if it drops to around $20 or less. I already have it on PS4, but I may get it since said PS4 version has pretty massive patches + the base game and I have limited storage.

Honestly, I don't think this will happen. at least, not anytime soon. the game uses a 32GB cartridge which is expensive, reportedly it cost 20$ (including licensing fees) in the past, though I don't know if the cost has been reduced or not.

Last edited:

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Between this, DQ11 and Fire Emblem once it hits a sale, I'm good for the next year.

Switch is so damn good......

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've already played it a lot on PS4 but I love the fact they are doing it on switch. Even with the stripped back visuals it still looks great and I think it's awesome more people can experience it.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Between this, DQ11 and Fire Emblem once it hits a sale, I'm good for the next year.

Switch is so damn good......
Still haven't touched DQ11, Fire Emblem, or Daemon X Machina and here I am, considering Witcher 3. And I still got Luigi's Mansion 3 and Pokemon Sword/Shield to get over the next few weeks. I should probably hold off for a while, but I know I'll end up impulse buying it the next time I'm at the store.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
I'm thinking about it. I should really just finish Three Houses instead but I'm kinda burned out at 50hrs. I would love to revisit TW3 in my bed with headphones.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not but I hope people do. Seriously it's an amazing game w/ must play expansion packs in Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
With Cross-save maybe down the line. I just don't see how TW3 can run and look good on the Switch when the base consoles struggled with it.
It can run good and look good if you are use to 720p or lower in dock mode. Game struggled on PS4/Xbox One and to expect the level of detail, resolution, shadow resolution, AA, AF etc. on the Switch is asking for too much. The game from what a friend has told me that has it looks good and runs good for being on the Switch. He likes it more in portable mode versus on his 65" 4k set where he described it as blurry due to the low resolution. It still can be a good looking/running game on the Switch, but taking into account the limitations of the system...for lack of power the system has, my friend is pleasantly shocked how good it turned out.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I'm going to spend the next year going into every console thread and asking why anyone would buy the inferior version on consoles when I can play at 4k ultra details and 120fps on my gaming PC. These threads are embarassing sometimes.

On topic, I guess they broke street date again? Do we have a thread for first impressions or is anyone doing press on the switch version?

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
I want it, but I haven't finished 3 houses, haven't played DQXIS, and already bought FF 7, 12, necrodancer. So, I'm not sure :(

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm going to spend the next year going into every console thread and asking why anyone would buy the inferior version on consoles when I can play at 4k ultra details and 120fps on my gaming PC. These threads are embarassing sometimes.

On topic, I guess they broke street date again? Do we have a thread for first impressions or is anyone doing press on the switch version?
The OT is open, has several impressions already.

Soltis

Feb 28, 2019
United States
Probably not, but maaaybe if the price drops. I played a good chunk of it on PS4, but I could never fully get into it. I walked away from it thinking it just probably wasn't my kind of game (I understand I'm in the minority on this), but if I start craving a meaty, open-world RPG, I might be persuaded to pick it back up.