• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I'm feeling overwhelmed by the state of the world, I put up the Civilization VI cinematics on the tv and it makes me feel so much better.

Honorable mention to the Civ 6 announcement trailer.

The music, the visuals, the soothing voice of Sean Bean, nothing else comes close... except the other Civilization cinematics.

Civilization IV Intro Cinematic (Incredible Music)
Civilization V Intro Cinematic (William Morgan Sheppard is a treasure to mankind)
Civilization: Beyond Earth Intro Cinematic (Turns out they don't need borrow from history to make a cinematic just as compelling as the others)

I don't know who the creative directors are of these trailers, but they are masters of the art.

Mindlog

Oct 25, 2017
An Alpha Centauri trailer!

Planetary Datalink

Cloning Vats

Wait, uplifting.
I really do miss Alpha Centauri.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Nuking the mayans is more uplifting, but the cinematics are otherwise quite nice.

Thornquist

Jan 22, 2018
Norway
Civilization cinematic's are a great counter to all the doom & gloom that frequent most of our media and culture today.

I hate when people start to say things like "humanity is the worst" or "the world would be better off without us".

No it fucking wouldn't. We are the greatest thing that has happened to this planet, and is the best chance for life as we know it to survive.

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
All of these intros are amazing. They just make you so hopeful for the future, which is especially important in the doom and gloom surrounding modern media.