• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
ARMS is dope however, I kinda want a new Boxing game and Lord knows EA ain't about to shadowdrop Knockout Kings 2020 on me so I have been playing Super Punch Out (I never beat it) and It holds up nicely. ARMS feels like a PunchOut/Splatoon baby but I just want a boxing game. Like Eli Manning for the Hall of Fame, will I be waiting forever?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
probably. Next Level is on the upswing and might be tackling bigger and more important IPs going forward. and that's not to mention that Punch Out will have to change itself up given the stereotypes. not a hard thing, but is it worth making a new game and doing that? probably not

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Outside of the premise of boxing, ARMS & Punch-Out are completely different. The former is a competitive 3D arena fighting game, the latter is more of a pattern-based puzzle game than it is a fighting game. There's room for both, so you're safe to hold out hope.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
It's nothing alike. Punch Out is almost a puzzle game. Arms is an arena fighter where your guns are you throwing your fists.

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
probably. Next Level is on the upswing and might be tackling bigger and more important IPs going forward. and that's not to mention that Punch Out will have to change itself up given the stereotypes. not a hard thing, but is it worth making a new game and doing that? probably not

Yeah when I was playing Super Punch Out and the corner man told Bob Charlie to "Shuck and Jive" I was like yo..what the fuck is this?

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Outside of the premise of boxing, ARMS & Punch-Out are completely different. The former is a competitive 3D arena fighting game, the latter is more of a pattern-based puzzle game than it is a fighting game. There's room for both, so you're safe to hold out hope.
This. Two completely different genres.

Apr 19, 2018
I'd be perfectly happy if they simply ported over the Wii title as a HD remaster.

Game was one of my all-time favorites on the system.

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017

I imagine a 2 player Punch-Out game to be more like ARMS with less wacky tacky items

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
ARMS has no overlap with Punch-Out, but since it's been over a decade since the last one, I wouldn't hold out much hope.