Clocian

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
The current price on amaon, considering biting, Haven't played an assassin creed game since unity. I've heard mixed thoughts on the grinding it supposedly has. Is it worth it?

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
It's worth $60, great game. You never need to grind if you actually bother engaging with the side content instead of trying to beeline every main quest and ignoring the majority of the huge world.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
If you like exploring a vast open world full of interesting, well-written quests, then yes absolutely

HassanXHassan

Nov 29, 2018
Yes its definitely worth, one of the best games that came out last year for sure. The grinding thing wasn't really an issue and the game has so much to offer it would be a shame to skip out on it over that grinding nonsense.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
sure, it's extremely pretty and the tourism factor alone is decent. (Not a big fan of the actual game but hey $20 isn't bad)

qatak

Oct 27, 2017
I think it was more than worth it at $50... $20 is a steal. I'm sure a lot of ERA will agree with me when I say that you should play as Kassandra, too.

Deleted member 419

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. Excellent game, gorgeous world, fun gameplay, lots to do, lots to see. Decent story (it gets the job done and has its moments). I tend to stay away from the big AAA releases every year but Odyssey really snagged me and even ended up making my GOTY list. I considered it the best open-world game last year and it's my second favorite open-world game this gen behind BotW (and NieR: Automata if you want to count that).

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I picked this up for $20 today as well. Haven't played a Assassin game since Black Flag. Heard good things about this one so for $20 I think it's well worth a shot.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I'm taking a break from it for Kingdom Hearts 3, but I'm legitimately enjoying it more than I did Breath of the Wild as far as open world games go. It's absolutely worth it for $20.

The only other AC game I've played is III, and I'm heavily considering trying out Origins after I'm done with Odyssey.

OP
OP
Clocian

Clocian

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
Ok, one other question I should've asked. Are there tombs like in the older games or is it just all action?

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I would play Origins over Odyssey if given the choice. There is more to do in Odyssey but Origin is quality over quantity

sca

Oct 25, 2017
Worth it, very fun. Tombs are short, so not really like the older games

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd say it is. I've seen a bunch of gameplay/reviews, nothing but positive everywhere. Just got my free copy from Ubisoft for participating in Google's Project Stream 😁 looking forward to playing it!

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
it's up there as my favorite AC game alongside Black Flag so easily yes

I don't regret having gotten it day 1

gnomed

Oct 28, 2017
US
I enjoyed it. Put more hours than any other Assassin's Creed game I have played. My backlog is already huge, I may not get to finish it myself until the summer.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A steal at $20. Ubisoft is the new bioware.

Joking aside, it is a really good open world RPG with a great story and one hell of a protagonist (Kassandra).

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
An absolute steal at $20. I still need to go back and finish it myself (thanks RE2 and KH3) but the 35 hours I've spent with it have been great and I am looking forward to going back to it.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Wow I'd love to grab this for $20. Too bad its only ps4 and xbox I'd be in for PC.

Oct 27, 2017
It's a really great game, it's worth the full price investment for the amount of content. As far as the grinding I haven't had an issue at all, but I play just about everything possible. They did patch in level scaling options that should help if you do run into a grind though.