• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. He might be the worst Democratic candidate for me in a long time. It sickens me I will have to vote for him in November.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Candidate? Yes.

But Clinton would have made the better President.

And the only reason Clinton was a bad candidate was because of the 25+ years the GOP demonized her in the minds of the people. She is a truly remarkable woman.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Policy wise, I'd say yes since the overton window for dems has shifted to the left slightly since 2016. They both suck though.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
I think one thing that Biden has to his advantage is that he comes off more like a real person who has a bit of a folksy charm to him. Hillary did not have that. It's irrelevant from a record/policy perspective but he's gotta have a big advantage over Hillary among the "have a beer with" type of voter.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
No, he's not. Clinton was the most qualified presidential candidate in decades. But he is a he so he already gets more points due to sexism (I know thats reductionist, but let's start at the foundation)

ErbilT

Oct 28, 2017
Henderson, NV.
I'm voting for him, but it's easily the least enthusiastic vote I'll ever cast. He only gets my vote due to Trump being absolute garbage.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton has such a vehement opposition on both the right and the left that Biden isn't even in the same ballpark of candidate badness as she proved to be.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Biden is a terrible candidate because he doesn't know how to run. There's a reason this is the first time in four attempts he has ever won even a single state primary. Clinton was a terrible candidate because everyone hated her (legitimate reasons or not).

Biden is probably better simply out of the fact he's not unpopular (Thanks Obama, unironically). Here's to hoping he doesn't torpedo his own campaign between now and November.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
yes! he's an old white male and he's nowhere as unlikable as hilary. especially in the midwest/pa, where she lost. old white working class people love biden. he will eat into trump's base.

and he is obama's veep and the guy to uphold his legacy. which matters to black voters/obama voters.

he's a better candidate, period. anyone saying any different has no fucking clue.

uncle joe from scranton, hailing from delaware, riding amtrak, is beloved by a lot of people. young people in here legit have no clue.

Oct 25, 2017
People spend way too much on ideology.

Quinnipiac just did a poll about how they feel about trustworthiness/honesty in the candidates. Biden was like +13 and Trump was -30. In 2016, Hillary was -37 and Trump was -10. Swing voters care about shit like this. As Family Guy once pointed out, "undecided voters are the biggest idiots on the planet"

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
She was sharper, but here's the thing:

All the old people who vote actually relate to Biden somehow. He's not going to get that built-in hate that Hillary got.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clinton was a better candidate unless you cared about winning, in which case she was far worse than Biden

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
about the most qualified thing... you are aware he's been a senator for 40 years, right? he didn't just leap onto stage as obama's veep

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hillary would've been a better PRESIDENT but her candidacy was tainted from the very beginning by decades upon decades of FUD.

Biden would make a bad president but as far as CANDIDACY goes, he's definitely better than Hillary by merit of the fact he hasn't been shit on by conservatives for such a long time and with such consistency that even liberals have internalized hatred of him they can't quantify.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
As a candidate yes. Loads of people hated the Clintons and felt Hillary only got the nomination because she is married to a popular ex president. Biden has far less baggage than she ever did.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
as a person people seem willing to vote for, yes. As far as capability and assuming the office, Clinton is superior.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Not sure if people calling Biden one of the worst candidates forgot that people like Tulsi and Bloomberg were candidates.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, he's not. Clinton was the most qualified presidential candidate in decades. But he is a he so he already gets more points due to sexism (I know thats reductionist, but let's start at the foundation)
In what universe is Hilary Clinton, as an 8 year Senator and 4 year Secy of State, more qualified than Joe Biden, longtime Rep and Senator and 8 year Vice President, as determined by career resume?

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Yes
He has two advantages
1) the hate campaign hadn't been ongoing for 30 years. Clinton had a lot of baggage just for being a woman who stuck with her cheating husband and was constantly slandered
2) Biden has a penis and identifies as male. For better or worse, it affects reception to aggression.

Status
Not open for further replies.