• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raylan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it won't happen. Which is ridiculous because it's one of the best IPs this gen.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Edify

Oct 28, 2017
Bloodborne with the Old Hunter's DLC felt complete to me. The last thing I want is a Bloodborne sequel a la DS3 where it's effectively the same story in a different place. Whilst I love the games and the lore within, the basic premises themselves (linking the fire, night of the hunt, putting the old one back to sleep) are low hanging fruit for sequels and I'd rather From do what they do best and innovate with new IP.

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if they don't make BBII then i want them to do a PS5 remaster so i can play it at 1080/dynamic 4k with 60fps.

if not then i'll be just keeping my PS4 to play it forever.

wondermagenta

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne
I hope not. Do people really not want From to work on something new instead? I dig Bloodborne quite a bit, but it was still a step back from Dark 1 and Demon's in many ways. I really don't want them to do lock-on circle-strafe combat again either.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Bloodborne with the Old Hunter's DLC felt complete to me. The last thing I want is a Bloodborne sequel a la DS3 where it's effectively the same story in a different place. Whilst I love the games and the lore within, the basic premises themselves (linking the fire, night of the hunt, putting the old one back to sleep) are low hanging fruit for sequels and I'd rather From do what they do best and innovate with new IP.

Bloodborne 2 is going to be about solving the mysteries of old. Game will be 100% chalice dungeons. Hidden room in the lowest depth will contain the broken Warrior of Sunlight covenant statue from Dark Souls 3.

wideface

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
Surprised to see so many hope nots. As much as I want to see a new IP, I'd love to go back to the Bloodborne setting someday.
"Ever" is a really long time, and if FROM pulled it off with Dark Souls, I don't see why they wouldn't be able expand on the Bloodborne formula with a strong sequel.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I may be in the minority here but I loved Bloodborne, I loved Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and I appreciated Dark Souls 3 and Dark Souls 2 (to a lesser extent) but part of me can't seem to shake the idea that I think From is at their best when they are creating and fleshing out a brand new world and idea, yet whenever they revisit it, the result almost always seems less than it previously was.

I'd prefer if From made a new similar type of game in a new setting with new lore and a brand new world than revisiting one they've already made.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'd buy it but I'm more than happy for it never to happen.

I'm hoping what we see next is something totally new. No doubt they've got an ARPG cooking, but I'm more excited to see something completely different.

Lux86

Oct 27, 2017
This is what he said he's doing. The 3 projects FROM is working are:

- New Armored Core.
- Something unexpected from them.
- New action RPG with everything they learned from Soulsborne games, dark fantasy themed.

This come from a 4gamer interview he did, a year or so ago I think.

this, i'm looking forward for that new dark fantasy ip, hoping for an announcement later this year.

JustSomeone

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With the numbers the dark souls games sold on pc, there is absolutely no sense for from to make a ps4 exclusive game.
They can always make blood souls or darkbourne, I guess.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I may be in the minority here but I loved Bloodborne, I loved Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and I appreciated Dark Souls 3 and Dark Souls 2 (to a lesser extent) but part of me can't seem to shake the idea that I think From is at their best when they are creating and fleshing out a brand new world and idea, yet whenever they revisit it, the result almost always seems less than it previously was.

I'd prefer if From made a new similar type of game in a new setting with new lore and a brand new world than revisiting one they've already made.
They could do a similar game with new lore and a new world and it could still be called Bloodborne 2. We have Final Fantasy, where they're not related. We have CoDs that are wildly different every year. Dark Souls could have easily been Demon's Souls 2 and if Sony hadn't dropped the ball.

Bloodborne means something spread via blood, you could have the Mayan/Aztec thing and have it be a madness spread from human sacrifice or whatever, and it could still be called Bloodborne 2.

Edify

Oct 28, 2017
Bloodborne 2 is going to be about solving the mysteries of old. Game will be 100% chalice dungeons. Hidden room in the lowest depth will contain the broken Warrior of Sunlight covenant statue from Dark Souls 3.
And that room is irreverently called Shrine of Amana and directly leads into Stonefang Mine 'cuz time is convoluted and shit.

seiki

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne 2 would be a seller to a lot. You want some money make Bloodborne 2

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it will. Sony is not known for just dropping highly successful new IP after one game. I guess the question is if FROM will be making it, and if we even want it if the answer is no.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Would love for it, BB seemed to be a huge win for Sony, considering how well received the game was.

I really do hope they do a sequel, it's one of my favorite game ever.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I want it but on the other hand I feel like Bloodborne explored subject in nearly 100%.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
At face value it totally should happen. Critical darling, sold well just on one platform etc. But no, it's propably not happening. From clearly wants to thing bigger for themselves. They'll do multiplatform games now when they're at the height of their fame and maximize profits. They also want to do other things, creatively speaking so they will propably distance themselves a bit from their souls-only output.

Oct 27, 2017
why does From have to make a Bloodborne 2?

Why couldn't they have just kept releasing DLC destiny-style for bloodborne 1?
Imagine three expansions with the same quality of Old Hunters

i dream

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
This is what he said he's doing. The 3 projects FROM is working are:

- New Armored Core.
- Something unexpected from them.
- New action RPG with everything they learned from Soulsborne games, dark fantasy themed.

This come from a 4gamer interview he did, a year or so ago I think.

I wish everyone would know/read this so they won't be dissapointed and cry when BB 2 doesn't get announced.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
At face value it totally should happen. Critical darling, sold well just on one platform etc. But no, it's propably not happening. From clearly wants to thing bigger for themselves. They'll do multiplatform games now when they're at the height of their fame and maximize profits. They also want to do other things, creatively speaking so they will propably distance themselves a bit from their souls-only output.
People said the same thing before Project Beast leaked when the rumours surrounding a new Miyazaki PS4 exclusive was coming.

I think one of the three projects is PS4 exclusive. AC6 will inevitably be the multiplatform one with VR support, also making it the most likely candidate for the Switch project.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think it'll happen after the next wave of From games. So maybe as a PS5 game. Bloodborne 2 as a launch PS5 game would be fucking bananas.

labx

Oct 25, 2017
Medellín, Colombia
I feel your pain. It will never happen. It is more plausible a Demon's Souls remake at this point.

But my heart says yes. There is room for the dream to come true in every E3, TGS and now PS experience.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
" I think it's being saved as a PS5 Launch title. To be announced at the same event as PS5. Pure speculation of course, but it'd be a really smart move considering the fervor and infatuation people have with the original BB. "

... Is what I said in the TGA thread when someone asked this question, so I'll just re-use that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.